TSA check point Charlie on Tennessee highways

iv-administration-cadd-legacy.png

I'm pretty sure that I don't have a prayer of EVER getting on a plane again wearing the little medication pump pictured above, which is all that is keeping me alive. Now, I have to wonder if I will even be able to commute back and forth to Vanderbilt for my follow ups. Yes, as one who has been harassed by the TSA over joint replacements, I am as serious as a heart attack!

I think obama is useing the Constitution...... for puppy training to wack the dog on the head when it steps out of line.
True since the Constitution tasks Government with posting of roads...so they can pretty much do as they wish...or can they?

Actually a case simular to this has been ruled on

Court Rules D.C. Checkpoints Are Unconstitutional

The following press release was just sent out explaining the details and political importance of the checkpoints case:

In an unanimous and strongly worded ruling, a three judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit has declared the District of Columbia’s so-called Neighborhood Safety Zone checkpoint program to be unconstitutional, reversing a lower court ruling in favor of the municipality.
Partnership for Civil Justice Fund - Court Rules D.C. Checkpoints Are Unconstitutional

So I would have to say NO just by what the court says, and not according to the Constitution. So that's two NO for being UN- Constitutional.
Free Society not so much any more?

Thats sad, but all we can do about it is just laugh at the idiots who think theres a difference between the two party's

The only difference is in where/how they spend the money. There is NO difference in from where they GET the money!

That's Repubican ;)

There buddies, they go way back.

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture4053-tea-party-cartoon.jpg

Thats sad, but all we can do about it is just laugh at the idiots who think theres a difference between the two party's
And also note the resistence of the ensconsed Elite Blue Bloods in the Republican party trying to steal the mantle of Conservatism away from the TEA Party folks in thier midsts?

Could they be afraid of being pulled back to what the meaning of the party was supposed to be about? Are they that afraid of the Founders' vision? Swamp gas that bad in the District of Criminals?

Last edited:
Why is obama doing this? It took him forever to decide to send 1500 guardsman to Arizona, but he feels the need to put TSA on the highways doing check points.

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security on Tuesday partnered with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and several other federal and state agencies for a safety enforcement and awareness operation on Tennessee’s interstates and two metropolitan-area bus stations. They are randomly inspecting vehicles on highways in Tennessee.

TSA Checkpoints Now On TN Highways | Tennessee News Press | Tennessee News Directory | TN Headlines

unfucking believeable.

Placing TSA on the interstate is the beginning of the police state, placing Guardsman on the border to protect against illegal immigration is constitutional. In Obamas mind , it's two completely different things, he always errors on the side of Fascism.

We may have surreptious equipment that picks up locales on potential suitcase nukes, I heard back some time ago.

Perhaps intelligence brings reasonable precautions to be made to ensure the common defense.

Understandable, but why would they announce openly that they are putting TSA out on the interstate in Tennessee? In the case that you are making, they basically just told the Terrorists to stay out of Tennessee or stay away from Tennessees interstates.

Why is obama doing this? It took him forever to decide to send 1500 guardsman to Arizona, but he feels the need to put TSA on the highways doing check points.

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security on Tuesday partnered with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and several other federal and state agencies for a safety enforcement and awareness operation on Tennessee’s interstates and two metropolitan-area bus stations. They are randomly inspecting vehicles on highways in Tennessee.

TSA Checkpoints Now On TN Highways | Tennessee News Press | Tennessee News Directory | TN Headlines

unfucking believeable.

He has met the enemy and he is us!

Lottsa Southern Baptists in Nashville. Not many muslims. Perfect place to look for terrorists, don'tcha know!

We may have surreptious equipment that picks up locales on potential suitcase nukes, I heard back some time ago.

Perhaps intelligence brings reasonable precautions to be made to ensure the common defense.

Understandable, but why would they announce openly that they are putting TSA out on the interstate in Tennessee? In the case that you are making, they basically just told the Terrorists to stay out of Tennessee or stay away from Tennessees interstates.

Because terrorists don't like traffic jams any more than the rest of us? :lol:

It boggles my mind that since obama is president and this is done on his watch you somehow think it George bushes fault for obama allowing this to happen.. It also boggles my mind how you would try to put a color code of red or blue, this is gray no matter what state it's happening in.

The problem with your mind is it does not contain the knowledge that the Supreme Court has ruled that checkpoint stops are Constitutional.
U.S. citizen seems to think it's just a republican thing.

For the most part, yes; it is generally republicans, in the Nixonian ‘law and order’ tradition, who are hostile toward individual liberties in the context of ‘security.’
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Again, historically it has been the GOP advocating the giving up of a liberty, just read the dissenting opinions by Scalia/Thomas in the terrorist detainee cases.

You're trying to justify it because we have a democrat president.

It has noting to do with a democratic president, it has only to do with the fact checkpoint stops are Constitutional.

I wonder if any court in Tennessee is going to agree with that ruling...

The TN situation is not on point, those are two different cases. In DC a specific group was targeted in selected parts of the neighborhood. It isn’t the check points that are un-Constitutional per se, but the way they are used.

As used on TN highways they are Constitutional.
I think I'm going to come down on bigreb's side here.

That would be a mistake. The OP is as usual wrong.

It boggles my mind that since obama is president and this is done on his watch you somehow think it George bushes fault for obama allowing this to happen.. It also boggles my mind how you would try to put a color code of red or blue, this is gray no matter what state it's happening in.

The problem with your mind is it does not contain the knowledge that the Supreme Court has ruled that checkpoint stops are Constitutional.

For the most part, yes; it is generally republicans, in the Nixonian ‘law and order’ tradition, who are hostile toward individual liberties in the context of ‘security.’

Again, historically it has been the GOP advocating the giving up of a liberty, just read the dissenting opinions by Scalia/Thomas in the terrorist detainee cases.

It has noting to do with a democratic president, it has only to do with the fact checkpoint stops are Constitutional.

The TN situation is not on point, those are two different cases. In DC a specific group was targeted in selected parts of the neighborhood. It isn’t the check points that are un-Constitutional per se, but the way they are used.

There is a really funny case out of TN, and I wish I could recall the name of it, but I can't. There was a 'drug check point' along the interstate. Big signs, etc. But you had to take the off ramp to get to it. It was not mandatory, you could drive right past if you wanted to. Seems one poor schmuck who had a trunk load of pot pulled off (voluntarily of course), had his car searched, and was arrested. :lol:

But seriously, I doubt you have ever lived in or around Nashville. It should be unconstitutional to do anything that would make the traffice any slower on the interstates there. That saying about driving in the parkway and parking in the driveway is completely the reverse in Nashville. All the interstates through there are parking lots now.

oh horseshit some check points are unconstitutional
IN 2009

Court Rules D.C. Checkpoints Are Unconstitutional

The following press release was just sent out explaining the details and political importance of the checkpoints case:

In an unanimous and strongly worded ruling, a three judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit has declared the District of Columbia’s so-called Neighborhood Safety Zone checkpoint program to be unconstitutional, reversing a lower court ruling in favor of the municipality.
Partnership for Civil Justice Fund - Court Rules D.C. Checkpoints Are Unconstitutional[/QUOTE]

Who's in charge of TSA?
Congress? The President? Who is President while this is happening?

That would be a mistake. The OP is as usual wrong
Thats funny because just saying it does not make it happen, you have never once proved if you have provide the post.

Concern here? Will it spread under these auspices?

Forum List

Back