List of Offices in the Federal Government - Yikes!

Each Office has Staff and Facilities. And of course a budget.
Why is the Federal Government involved in 70% of these? Would life in America decline if they just disappeared? You know each State also has a similar list.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
R
S
T
U
V
W
A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies | A | USAGov

Internal Revenue Service has a budget of TWELVE BILLION DOLLARS. Get that? $12,000,000,000 of your tax money comes right off the top just to pay a bunch of people to make sure you paid the right taxes. Meantime, with just a flat tax based off a percentage of the money you earn and spend, it could be done for

ZERO. And that would end all the loopholes for the rich.

IRS: a real nifty way of creating good paying jobs for a whole lotta people.

IRS makes a profit of $4 trillion dollars

If IRS "made a profit of $4 trillion" we'd be swimming in surpluses.. They DO recover about 25% of what they SHOULD recover tho... And ObamaCare put an extra burden on their "profit" because of the several thousand hires required to verify and track income.

Stuck in 20th century technology? Coming from a moron with vacuum tubes on his page and references it in his user name, that really is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Poor, triggered, drooling libtard. You think using thermionic valve amplification in analog music reproduction has anything to do with digital computer technology and data processing? Your even dumber than I thought. :itsok:

No, not a clue, and I never claimed to know anything about it! You just don't have a clue about things you actually claim to know about.

The tubes I used could cook a seagull on the wing at about 50 yards, according to legend!

We ain't talking radar, here. But thanks for admitting you haven't a clue about things after calling me a moron and a hypocrite for using them. Apples and oranges. What does that say about your understanding of modern digital computer technology and how it might apply to revenue processing? Obviously, your opinion has ZERO meaning here.

I probably have forgotten more about computers than you know. You can't even keep what I said straight, even after quoting my post! That paints you as the biggest liar since Hillary!

First you're a world expert on taxes and revenue, then you are a master of economics, and now you've forgotten more about computers than I know? Care to document that rubbish, fool? I can. If you had any idea the computer systems I used to work on or even the one sitting right beside me right now, you might have some idea what a total ass you just made of yourself. Can you even explain to us here the principle behind CMOS latch-up? But I have to remember, you're just one more internet idiot suffering from Asperger's always out to try to "get back at me" because of that first time I showed you to be a total idiot when you stuck your nose into something that didn't concern you claiming far more than you really knew.

Each Office has Staff and Facilities. And of course a budget.
Why is the Federal Government involved in 70% of these? Would life in America decline if they just disappeared? You know each State also has a similar list.
A
Internal Revenue Service has a budget of TWELVE BILLION DOLLARS. Get that? $12,000,000,000 of your tax money comes right off the top just to pay a bunch of people to make sure you paid the right taxes. Meantime, with just a flat tax based off a percentage of the money you earn and spend, it could be do
ZERO. And that would end all the loopholes for the rich.

IRS: a real nifty way of creating good paying jobs for a whole lotta people.

IRS makes a profit of $4 trillion dollars

If IRS "made a profit of $4 trillion" we'd be swimming in surpluses.. They DO recover about 25% of what they SHOULD recover tho... And ObamaCare put an extra burden on their "profit" because of the several thousand hires required to verify and track income.

Flacc, I'd bet that putting the ACA under the purview of the IRS to track and collect added even more overhead and burden than even what you suggest! It takes something like 900 pages of documentation to even describe all that the IRS deals with in regards to just dealing with and resolving taxpayer ACA questions and issues alone!

BN-FL050_fed110_G_20141107102036.jpg

Federal Employees have not increased in 50 years even though our population has doubled

As usual, stats are more complicated than that.. That "drop" of Federal employees in/about 1990 are 500,000 military and reserve.. Not really swamp creatures.... To find out how many are in the swamp -- you'd have to take out military active and reservists...

IF you had to change the system......Maybe there is a way to implement a Transaction Tax? Or a National sales Tax? If money moves......from account to account? Tax it? Pull money out of ATM? Tax it? Company buys goods or issues paychecks? Tax the amount moved?
I’d like to see a small transaction tax on all stock and real estate transactions

Right now, the extreme wealthy only pay tax on income which they minimize

There are dozens of offices and agencies that have outlived their original mandate where employees do nothing but make-work.

There are dozens of offices and agencies that have outlived their original mandate where employees do nothing but make-work.
Myth

Makes conservatives feel good thinking government does nothing

Have a friend who checks steam pressure systems for the Federal Government. Yeah, they blew up in the 1920’s. But not today, the science is good and nobody wants to get sued out the Ying Yang. He knows he’s obsolete but he gets great money for not doing much.

Forum List

Back