IRS Makes the Case for a Government “Shutdown”

He does plenty of Pro Bono work. But he has to make a living. He has to pay his employees, rent on the office, utilities etc.

He cares very much. But the counselling center will be closed.
If he contracts with the VA then his is, or should be, very well off.

I put shutdown in quotes because nobody notices a thing when the swamp creatures stay home.

IRS will have to furlough an estimated 60,000 of its 90,000 employees just three days from now.

Now we’re talking my language. Now tell me how many of the following departments (each with a staff and facilities) would you miss?

If 4/5 of the Federal government ceased to exist today I bet 14 people outside of government would notice.

The $avings to the American taxpayers by defunding & then the total elimination of the below three politicized bureaucracies;

BATF; FY2020, 1.4 Billion dollars.(Non-constitutional agency, no replacement needed).

Dept. of Education(DOE); FY2023, 270.92 Billion dollars.(Replaced with individual state funding).

USAspending.gov 14.3 Billion dollars.

IRS: FY2023; 14.3 Billion dollars.(Replace with flat tax & balanced budget).

Last edited:
This will end with another temporary spending measure and we will revist this in a few months to raise the debt ceiling again, and again, and again, and again....

Forum List

Back