TSA check point Charlie on Tennessee highways

Do you actually think that Obama personally recommended or signed off on this?

Maybe. Maybe not. When I lived in Nashville, I read that the interstate system there was a hub for most of the eastern and southern part of the US and that anything that disabled the Nashville interstates would disable travel throughout a large part of the country. At the time, I believe the context was in relation to where a good place to drop a nuke on the US would be. I, however, believe I could find my way around Nashville to get home. Even if they nuked it.

http://www.onlineatlas.us/interstate-highways.htm

http://www.youtube.com/v/sm8ahsgZYtE

Last edited:
iv-administration-cadd-legacy.png

I'm pretty sure that I don't have a prayer of EVER getting on a plane again wearing the little medication pump pictured above, which is all that is keeping me alive. Now, I have to wonder if I will even be able to commute back and forth to Vanderbilt for my follow ups. Yes, as one who has been harassed by the TSA over joint replacements, I am as serious as a heart attack!
Sunshine,

Something you might be interested in knowing:

While I am no friend of Israel's government I must say I respect their superior administrative competence which is clearly demonstrated in that they do not impose this kind of redundant and humiliating harrassment on their citizens and/or foreigners who use their airports. Instead they utilize well-trained (and intelligent) personnel who politely question and evaluate individuals referring only those whom they have cause to believe might pose a risk to further scrutiny. And Israel's risk of terrorist attack is no less imposing than ours.

I just don't get how so many can support this Nanny State/Police State. What's wrong with Americans? Is it all just laziness and apathy? Their nation is dying for God's sake. They need to wake up.

iv-administration-cadd-legacy.png

I'm pretty sure that I don't have a prayer of EVER getting on a plane again wearing the little medication pump pictured above, which is all that is keeping me alive. Now, I have to wonder if I will even be able to commute back and forth to Vanderbilt for my follow ups. Yes, as one who has been harassed by the TSA over joint replacements, I am as serious as a heart attack!
Sunshine,

Something you might be interested in knowing:

While I am no friend of Israel's government I must say I respect their superior administrative competence which is clearly demonstrated in that they do not impose this kind of redundant and humiliating harrassment on their citizens and/or foreigners who use their airports. Instead they utilize well-trained (and intelligent) personnel who politely question and evaluate individuals referring only those whom they have cause to believe might pose a risk to further scrutiny. And Israel's risk of terrorist attack is no less imposing than ours.

Yes, I am aware of Israel's use of profiling. I think we should also profile. But it wouldn't be fair to terrorists if our TSA didn't hassle old ladies with metal in their joints and medication pumps. If I live until spring, I have two trips planned for which I will have to fly. I am contemplating as we speak how I should go about it. I am kind of thinking that I need to fly out of the nearest KY airport to keep from having to deal with security in Nashville. But once I get to DC which is one of the trips, I really don't know if I can get back on a plane there or not. I don't know if it would help to preemptively discuss the issue with the TSA or not. If they freak out over a bag of urine, they will stroke out over a medication pump. It is not an insulin pump which they are abundantly familiar with. This is for a disease that is rare enough to be an orphan disease, so I doubt most have even seen anything like this.

That pump is lager than it looks and has to be strapped on with a fanny pack. That alone will give them the heebie jeebies. Not to mention that is holds 100 cc of liquid medicine. That's bad enough, but I have to have a second functioning pump and another 100 cc of medicine mixed and drawn up with me at all times.

Last edited:
one more time why is TSA doing this? why are they doing check poiunts why is any LEO department doing a check point? Why do you seem to act as if this isn't a big problem?

Your partisan blinders and hatred will not let you see the truth of this situation or my stance on it. Which is I was always against the partiot act and knew how it would turn out.
And when Bush blended it into our law enforcement system it made it almost impossible to strip it back out.
Pitiful.

My partisan blinders? list up fuck head I would care who's doing this I would still be pissed about it. But your defending obama when he did is a tell all of who you are and what you stand for you aren';t a citizen you are a subject.

Instant fail.

But cheer up...why don't you come at them with your gun like you suggested in another thread. A warning shot or two should do the trick.

I just don't get how so many can support this Nanny State/Police State. What's wrong with Americans? Is it all just laziness and apathy? Their nation is dying for God's sake. They need to wake up.

yes some Americans are lazy and are under the spell of apathy. They like the feeling that uncle guberment is keeping them safe.

yes the one who is in charge the president.Didn't obama say he was going to repeal the patriot act?

Didn't the 42 TP caucus members who voted to keep and expand it also say that?
Do you really think that the TN govt did not sign off on this?
Isn't it a red government down there?

You don't get it. This has nothing to do with Republican or democrat, I really don't give a shit what party they are in. Maybe one day you will see that there is no difference between republican and democrat. Both want the same thing

Lying.

Why is obama doing this? It took him forever to decide to send 1500 guardsman to Arizona, but he feels the need to put TSA on the highways doing check points.

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security on Tuesday partnered with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and several other federal and state agencies for a safety enforcement and awareness operation on Tennessee’s interstates and two metropolitan-area bus stations. They are randomly inspecting vehicles on highways in Tennessee.

TSA Checkpoints Now On TN Highways | Tennessee News Press | Tennessee News Directory | TN Headlines

unfucking believeable.

He has met the enemy and he is us!

Lottsa Southern Baptists in Nashville. Not many muslims. Perfect place to look for terrorists, don'tcha know!

I would say you don't know much about Nashville. But then again, you don't know much about anything else either.
Embattled Tennessee mosque to move forward with construction – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Didn't the 42 TP caucus members who voted to keep and expand it also say that?
Do you really think that the TN govt did not sign off on this?
Isn't it a red government down there?

You don't get it. This has nothing to do with Republican or democrat, I really don't give a shit what party they are in. Maybe one day you will see that there is no difference between republican and democrat. Both want the same thing

Lying.
Liar,
There is no fucking difference betweeen the GOP and the DNC both are the same, both want the same thing but do it differently to achieve there goal. So how is that lying ?

Since when did the government start a new program in one place and not do it somewhere else?

You do know that each state has it's own laws and programs, right?

There are hundreds of state programs here in California that no other state has. Massachusetts has RomneyCare. Vermont has single-payer healthcare. In Florida, it's illegal to walk an Aligator on a leash in a public park. I don't see all the other states clambering to start those programs.

You're trying to justify it because we have a democrat president.

Not a democrat or republican thing, eh? :eusa_eh:

Why is obama doing this? It took him forever to decide to send 1500 guardsman to Arizona, but he feels the need to put TSA on the highways doing check points.

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security on Tuesday partnered with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and several other federal and state agencies for a safety enforcement and awareness operation on Tennessee’s interstates and two metropolitan-area bus stations. They are randomly inspecting vehicles on highways in Tennessee.

TSA Checkpoints Now On TN Highways | Tennessee News Press | Tennessee News Directory | TN Headlines

unfucking believeable.

Lottsa Southern Baptists in Nashville. Not many muslims. Perfect place to look for terrorists, don'tcha know!

I would say you don't know much about Nashville. But then again, you don't know much about anything else either.
Embattled Tennessee mosque to move forward with construction – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Too bad you didn't read the link I posted with the stats for Nashville. If you had you wouldn't have posted something about a mosque in Murfreesboro, a town over an hour away from Nashville by interstate. But then, maybe you just need to bone up on your geography. :lol:

I followed this back aways and here's what's goin on.. The TSA is just justifying it's massive budget and reach with a bunch of Public Relations...

http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/20...ate-agencies-in-statewide-security-operation/

Officials talked to and distributed information about First Observer to all truck drivers who passed through the scale complexes on Tuesday.

Through the First Observer program, truck drivers are educated to observe their surroundings as they travel across the country to look for suspicious or unusual behavior. First Observer utilizes these transportation professionals to help protect the critical infrastructure that moves goods and services and people across the United States.

Handing out tips to truckers and enlisting them as partners in "keeping the roads safe". First Observer program really gets around tho.. Maybe you should worry about the OTHER places it shows up..

NASCAR Parking Pros Rev Up for Anti-terrorism Training - International Parking Institute

FREDERICKSBURG, VA - February 15, 2011 - NASCAR's managing director of security, Gerald Cavis, U.S. Secret Service (Ret.), has recommended that security and other staff at all NASCAR track facilities participate in the First Observer™ parking-specific, anti-terrorism training program that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration developed in partnership with the International Parking Institute.

The First Observer training program, which is entirely funded by the federal government and available at no cost, trains parking professionals to address five critical security areas: on-street, surface parking lots, garages/decks, special events, and shuttle operations. First Observers recognize and report potential threats using a concise, accurate and simple communications process.

Heck it's just like Boy Scouts... American as apple pie. Except that these clowns WILL NEVER go away. They will perpetuate themselves into a permanent agency if they have to INVENT new enemies to protect us from...

You do know that each state has it's own laws and programs, right?

There are hundreds of state programs here in California that no other state has. Massachusetts has RomneyCare. Vermont has single-payer healthcare. In Florida, it's illegal to walk an Aligator on a leash in a public park. I don't see all the other states clambering to start those programs.

You're trying to justify it because we have a democrat president.

Not a democrat or republican thing, eh? :eusa_eh:

Your right he's making it a democrat and republican thing, I'm not As I said and since you like to post quoted post to support your weak argument, how about getting the one that I said it doesn't matter to me who the prsident is. obama is the president who allowed this to happen he get's the blame.

Too bad you didn't read the link I posted with the stats for Nashville. If you had you wouldn't have posted something about a mosque in Murfreesboro, a town over an hour away from Nashville by interstate. But then, maybe you just need to bone up on your geography. :lol:

Thank you, I live in Nashville. M'boro is considered metropolitan Nashville. There are at least 3 mosques in this city and many many Muslims.

Thank you, I live in Nashville. M'boro is considered metropolitan Nashville. There are at least 3 mosques in this city and many many Muslims.

Metropolitan Davidson county is Metropolitan Nashville. Murfreesboro is in Rutherford County. Murfreesboro is not Nashville. I lived in Nashville 20 years. And I drove the drive to Murfreesboro many times. One drives through other small towns between Nashville and Murfreesboro.

http://www.digital-topo-maps.com/county-map/tennessee.shtml

Clearly you have not gone back and read the link I posted. Now go blow smoke up someone else's ass. I'm tired of you.

Last edited:
I followed this back aways and here's what's goin on.. The TSA is just justifying it's massive budget and reach with a bunch of Public Relations...

http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/20...ate-agencies-in-statewide-security-operation/

Officials talked to and distributed information about First Observer to all truck drivers who passed through the scale complexes on Tuesday.

Through the First Observer program, truck drivers are educated to observe their surroundings as they travel across the country to look for suspicious or unusual behavior. First Observer utilizes these transportation professionals to help protect the critical infrastructure that moves goods and services and people across the United States.

Handing out tips to truckers and enlisting them as partners in "keeping the roads safe". First Observer program really gets around tho.. Maybe you should worry about the OTHER places it shows up..

NASCAR Parking Pros Rev Up for Anti-terrorism Training - International Parking Institute

FREDERICKSBURG, VA - February 15, 2011 - NASCAR's managing director of security, Gerald Cavis, U.S. Secret Service (Ret.), has recommended that security and other staff at all NASCAR track facilities participate in the First Observer™ parking-specific, anti-terrorism training program that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration developed in partnership with the International Parking Institute.

The First Observer training program, which is entirely funded by the federal government and available at no cost, trains parking professionals to address five critical security areas: on-street, surface parking lots, garages/decks, special events, and shuttle operations. First Observers recognize and report potential threats using a concise, accurate and simple communications process.

Heck it's just like Boy Scouts... American as apple pie. Except that these clowns WILL NEVER go away. They will perpetuate themselves into a permanent agency if they have to INVENT new enemies to protect us from...

Heck it's just like Boy Scouts... American as apple pie

Boy Scouts?
14explorers_span.jpg

27878868.jpg

Explorer-Scouts Train in Post-9/11 Law Enforcement Methods - NYTimes.com

Metropolitan Davidson county is Metropolitan Nashville. Murfreesboro is in Rutherford County. Murfreesboro is not Nashville. I lived in Nashville 20 years. And I drove the drive to Murfreesboro many times. One drives through other small towns between Nashville and Murfreesboro.

Tennessee County Map - TN Counties - Map of Tennessee

Clearly you have not gone back and read the link I posted. Now go blow smoke up someone else's ass. I'm tired of you.

Well, Brentwood/Franklin is considered metropolitan Nashville, and they are mostly in Williamson Co.
You clearly dont' understand what "metropolitan" means.
M'boro is 45 minutes from Nashville, depending on where you start.
You are an ignorant twat. That much is certain.

Heck it's just like Boy Scouts... American as apple pie

Boy Scouts?
14explorers_span.jpg

27878868.jpg

Explorer-Scouts Train in Post-9/11 Law Enforcement Methods - NYTimes.com

:lol: :lol: Yeah -- just like that.. Didn't you play like that when you were a boy? Except why are they stalking a TSA BUS???

Last edited:

Forum List

Back