Trump's legal battles and the 2022 Mid Terms

We can come back to this next year. I say the election will revolve around the economy. If prices continue to climb the (D)'s can forget about any majorities.

Granted the GOP will likely go with the loons keeping it all close.

I don’t think 2022 will have any crisis one way or the other
No wars, no economic collapse, no pandemic

Dems will run on FEAR OF TRUMP
Republicans will claim Dems are Commies

If prices continue to rise the GOP will have a great platform to run on as long as they don't run candidates that want to run on "Dems are Commies".

If prices continue to rise, they won't have to but it seems some just can't stop themselves.

I don’t think inflation alone will do it.
The stock market is at record highs, GDP is rising, millions of new jobs……..more importantly, we are returning to normal after a year of COVID

All with millions not benefitting from any of that.
People are returning to work and their lives are returning to normal.
It will be difficult to stir up voter rage

You can bet $4.00 gas and increased food prices will indeed do that.

Let's note that they are returning to work without the promise of an increase in the minimum wage.
Well, let’s see where gas prices go. Right now they are at $3.00. But we went years with gas in the $3.00 - $4.00 range, there will not be shock like we had before.

Any outrage over minimum wage will be directed at Republicans

I see 2022 as a very boring midterm

Why Republicans? Everyone says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage. Maybe not to $15 but it's up to Nancy to get that ball rolling.

So you get $12 and then argue that if you want it higher you have to give the Dems more seats. Otherwise it's just another empty promise. Despite having majorities in the House and Senate under Obama and now Biden the (D)'s haven't raised the minimum wage even once.

Nancy is more interested in her useless Jan 6 commission. Raise the minimum wage and maybe I'll consider a (D). Otherwise it's back to third party.
Why?

Because Republicans have blocked minimum wage increases for 11 years

I have already addressed this. Even Joe Manchin says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage, just not to $15. If Nancy was smart (and she isn't) she would say fine and introduce a bill raising it to $13. Maybe we get $12. She can then brag about that and beat on the idea that if people want it higher they have to elect more Democrats.

What she is doing is presenting her own agenda by only talking about her 1/6 commission. We already know what happened and repeating it over and over does NOTHING to help those struggling.

Nancy already did that.

It's not the House or democrats that won't raise minimum wage.

It's the republicans in the Senate.

I wish people wouldn't blame this on democrats. They have been trying to increase the minimum wage for years.

It's the republicans who filibuster the legislation so that it dies in the Senate.

We can come back to this next year. I say the election will revolve around the economy. If prices continue to climb the (D)'s can forget about any majorities.

If prices continue to rise the GOP will have a great platform to run on as long as they don't run candidates that want to run on "Dems are Commies".

If prices continue to rise, they won't have to but it seems some just can't stop themselves.

The stock market is at record highs, GDP is rising, millions of new jobs……..more importantly, we are returning to normal after a year of COVID

Let's note that they are returning to work without the promise of an increase in the minimum wage.
Well, let’s see where gas prices go. Right now they are at $3.00. But we went years with gas in the $3.00 - $4.00 range, there will not be shock like we had before.

Why Republicans? Everyone says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage. Maybe not to $15 but it's up to Nancy to get that ball rolling.

So you get $12 and then argue that if you want it higher you have to give the Dems more seats. Otherwise it's just another empty promise. Despite having majorities in the House and Senate under Obama and now Biden the (D)'s haven't raised the minimum wage even once.

Nancy is more interested in her useless Jan 6 commission. Raise the minimum wage and maybe I'll consider a (D). Otherwise it's back to third party.
Why?

I have already addressed this. Even Joe Manchin says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage, just not to $15. If Nancy was smart (and she isn't) she would say fine and introduce a bill raising it to $13. Maybe we get $12. She can then brag about that and beat on the idea that if people want it higher they have to elect more Democrats.

What she is doing is presenting her own agenda by only talking about her 1/6 commission. We already know what happened and repeating it over and over does NOTHING to help those struggling.

Nancy already did that.

I wish people wouldn't blame this on democrats. They have been trying to increase the minimum wage for years.

It's the republicans who filibuster the legislation so that it dies in the Senate.

Negotiate. Manchin noted that the votes are there for an increase. Have we forgot that this is what politicians are supposed to do? Did Nancy take "no" for answer on the 1/6 commission?

Nancy didn't take no for an answer mostly because she could. She has the power to create a select committee.

Nancy can't do a damn thing about the republican filibuster.

Manchin is fooling himself if he thinks that there are 10 republicans who will vote to raise the minimum wage to override that non stop filibuster.

Manchin also said there was enough to get the commission too. That didn't turn out so well.

No he didn't. He said Republicans had no excuse to vote against it, not that they would vote for it.

No one wants to actually do the work to get anything passed in Washington any more. Granted, Nancy makes a poor spokesperson as she is another politician where people are going to say no just because it's Nancy. There is a reason she has lost seats each time she was the speaker.

It doesn't matter who is the democratic speaker of the house.

That person will be treated the same way Nancy is treated now. It's not the person. It's the party.

We have a very divided nation. The republicans hate the democrats so much that they are willing to do harm to our nation just so that democrats can't do anything to benefit our nation or in republican terms, have a win.

It's not about winning or losing. Or it shouldn't be.

It should be about doing what's best for our nation.

I have been a registered Independent since 1978. I've voted a variety of parties through the decades.

I don't have much faith in either party. The democrats have good intensions and ideas but they have no spine to implement them.

republicans have very bad ideas that harm our nation and they do have the spine to implement them. Which is why we have been on this roller coaster of bubbles and bursts since the reagan years.

I disagree. Nancy is an issue. It's like saying Trump wasn't the issue.
Nancy is an issue to Republicans
As it should be

The republicans would have an issue with any democratic speaker of the house.

This one just happens to be a woman from California.

Which adds to their issues with her.

This piece says that Trump's upcoming legal battles -- whatever they are, assuming they happen -- will be a big drag on the GOP's electoral chances in 2022.

I don't buy it.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout. We know that the GOP will nominate and turn out to vote for the trumpiest candidates they can find. They will do this because, if they don't, they will lose America to the commies and the Hitlers, and we will all suffer and die. This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.

The Dems? Independents? Are they going to be scratching at the door to vote, as if their lives depended on it? Will some tax dodge conviction motivate them to vote in the mid terms more than they have historically? I sure could be wrong (again), but I don't see it.

I think we both know the answer....the turnout of the Democrats in most areas will be pathetic. The GOP voters simply take this more seriously than the DNC voters. If you put the polling place in many democrat's back yard, they'd complain about having to open the back door to get to the polling place.
After Trump, I don't think that is the case anymore.
Do you think the Left is now more permanently engaged than it was before 2020?
I do, when folks turned out in record numbers in Georgia for a run off that was huge.
Whatever the hell Abrams did there needs to be nationalized.
I am not getting my race changed, a sex change, gain 100 pounds, get a huge gap between my teeth and half of my brain removed. That would put me on the same level as Abrams.

This piece says that Trump's upcoming legal battles -- whatever they are, assuming they happen -- will be a big drag on the GOP's electoral chances in 2022.

I don't buy it.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout. We know that the GOP will nominate and turn out to vote for the trumpiest candidates they can find. They will do this because, if they don't, they will lose America to the commies and the Hitlers, and we will all suffer and die. This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.

The Dems? Independents? Are they going to be scratching at the door to vote, as if their lives depended on it? Will some tax dodge conviction motivate them to vote in the mid terms more than they have historically? I sure could be wrong (again), but I don't see it.

You are absolutely right: It is all about turnout.

Will Dems be motivated to turnout in 2022? Historically for mid-terms and the party in power, I would say no; however, these may be unusual times and if Trump is the issue, all bets are off.
Yeah. 35+ million more people voted in 2020. Now it's up to the party to keep the momentum going.

Republicans have been working hard to cut down on early voting and mail in voting
Where is that guaranteed in the Constitution, and why do you lie? Georgia has less alleged voter suppression than Delaware, Xiden's home state! The media and you lie about it!

“What I do offer as a strong opinion: the Republican Party faces grave risks in the midterm elections in 2022 from current and potentially future indictments of individuals and organizations associated with Trump.” ibid

Disagree.

Not only will Trump’s legal issues not harm Republicans during the midterms, in some districts it will benefit Republicans.

There should be no doubt that Republicans will take control of Congress – both Houses – come 2023.

Nancy raised the federal minimum wage the last time it was raised, when she took power under Bush, I see no reason why she won't accomplish that, once again...now!

Which is what we are discussing. What will influence the 2022 election. If they get it done great. If not it's going to be a drag on them.

I don't think so.

Employers have been having a hard time finding people to work for slave wages.

While the legal minimum wage is still 7.25 at the federal level, employers are now forced to raise wages without the law changing.

What changed is people aren't willing to work for slave wages anymore and employers are now offering much higher starting wages and some are even offering hiring bonuses.

Some states have also raised their minimum wage.

So while the federal minimum wage has not increased, wages have increased because of either state law or employers are now being forced to offer much higher wages because people just refuse to work for the low federal minimum wage.

Here is a good article about this. You have to read a few paragraphs before you get to the part about employers offering higher wages, better benefits and signing bonuses.

The following article was written in May and it looks like employers are taking the advice:

Who is working for those slave wages? High school students in retail jobs, exactly as it should be.

My local fast food places are fast approaching $13.00 here in a relatively low cost of living state. The cost of breakfast at these restaurants is fast approaching $9.00 for a combo meal.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Negotiate. Manchin noted that the votes are there for an increase. Have we forgot that this is what politicians are supposed to do? Did Nancy take "no" for answer on the 1/6 commission?

Nancy didn't take no for an answer mostly because she could. She has the power to create a select committee.

Manchin is fooling himself if he thinks that there are 10 republicans who will vote to raise the minimum wage to override that non stop filibuster.

Manchin also said there was enough to get the commission too. That didn't turn out so well.

No he didn't. He said Republicans had no excuse to vote against it, not that they would vote for it.

No one wants to actually do the work to get anything passed in Washington any more. Granted, Nancy makes a poor spokesperson as she is another politician where people are going to say no just because it's Nancy. There is a reason she has lost seats each time she was the speaker.

That person will be treated the same way Nancy is treated now. It's not the person. It's the party.

We have a very divided nation. The republicans hate the democrats so much that they are willing to do harm to our nation just so that democrats can't do anything to benefit our nation or in republican terms, have a win.

I have been a registered Independent since 1978. I've voted a variety of parties through the decades.

I don't have much faith in either party. The democrats have good intensions and ideas but they have no spine to implement them.

republicans have very bad ideas that harm our nation and they do have the spine to implement them. Which is why we have been on this roller coaster of bubbles and bursts since the reagan years.
What are intensions?

I don't buy it.

I think we both know the answer....the turnout of the Democrats in most areas will be pathetic. The GOP voters simply take this more seriously than the DNC voters. If you put the polling place in many democrat's back yard, they'd complain about having to open the back door to get to the polling place.
I do, when folks turned out in record numbers in Georgia for a run off that was huge.
I am not getting my race changed, a sex change, gain 100 pounds, get a huge gap between my teeth and half of my brain removed. That would put me on the same level as Abrams.
:confused-84:

Who asked you to?

You're full of hate. Hate is based in fear.

Last edited:

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

I disagree. Nancy is an issue. It's like saying Trump wasn't the issue.

I can agree to disagree.

You are the utmost expert on your opinion. Facts are Nancy has lost seats both times she was speaker.

I don't buy it.

You are absolutely right: It is all about turnout.

Will Dems be motivated to turnout in 2022? Historically for mid-terms and the party in power, I would say no; however, these may be unusual times and if Trump is the issue, all bets are off.
Yeah. 35+ million more people voted in 2020. Now it's up to the party to keep the momentum going.

Republicans have been working hard to cut down on early voting and mail in voting
Where is that guaranteed in the Constitution, and why do you lie? Georgia has less alleged voter suppression than Delaware, Xiden's home state! The media and you lie about it!
The question is….why are Republicans making it harder to vote?
With mail in voting leading to record voter involvement, why are Republicans trying to stop it?

Georgia is allowing partisan legislatures to overturn the will of the voters……Delaware does not do that

I don't buy it.

What a stupid response
You are usually better than this

I don't buy it.

Who asked you to?

I am not full of hate. Liberals are simply stupid and you are a prime example.

I don't buy it.

Who asked you to?

You literally can't help yourself.

Your problem, not mine.

Nancy raised the federal minimum wage the last time it was raised, when she took power under Bush, I see no reason why she won't accomplish that, once again...now!

Which is what we are discussing. What will influence the 2022 election. If they get it done great. If not it's going to be a drag on them.

I don't think so.

Employers have been having a hard time finding people to work for slave wages.

While the legal minimum wage is still 7.25 at the federal level, employers are now forced to raise wages without the law changing.

What changed is people aren't willing to work for slave wages anymore and employers are now offering much higher starting wages and some are even offering hiring bonuses.

Some states have also raised their minimum wage.

So while the federal minimum wage has not increased, wages have increased because of either state law or employers are now being forced to offer much higher wages because people just refuse to work for the low federal minimum wage.

Here is a good article about this. You have to read a few paragraphs before you get to the part about employers offering higher wages, better benefits and signing bonuses.

The following article was written in May and it looks like employers are taking the advice:

Who is working for those slave wages? High school students in retail jobs, exactly as it should be.

My local fast food places are fast approaching $13.00 here in a relatively low cost of living state. The cost of breakfast at these restaurants is fast approaching $9.00 for a combo meal.

Why are they paying that much? The FMW is less than $8.

I don't buy it.

Who asked you to?

Your problem, not mine.
Agreed

Your problem is how to ensure that democrats hold on to political power in 2022 and beyond

No other topic other than narrow political partisanship interests you in the slightest

At least the Admiral can think outside your limited sphere even if I seldom agree with his conclusions

I don't buy it.

Who asked you to?

Your problem, not mine.
Agreed

Your problem is how to ensure that democrats hold on to political power in 2022 and beyond

No other topic other than narrow political partisanship interests you in the slightest

At least the Admiral can think outside your limited sphere even if I seldom agree with his conclusions
Your problem is peddling this lie about how the election was stolen and wanting Trump back in power.

Your problem is peddling this lie about how the election was stolen and wanting Trump back in power.
The election was stolen

Unfortunately it will not be overturned through the courts

But unlike Mac1958 I understand its not the only issue we need to consider

Last edited:
we’re so polarized now that I just don't know. This is cultural, sociological. The degree of passion just isn't close.
You should know since you are wallowing in this issue waist high

Why dont you try thinking about the looming political, cultural, economic and military threat from china sometimes?

Even senile old joe is making faint noises about it

I don't buy it.

Oh my, someone sure does get upset when a black woman is better than him in every important way.

Why dont you try thinking about the looming political, cultural, economic and military threat from china sometimes?

Oh, so this is now why you support and incompetent, corrupt moron woth no knowledge of foreign policy and no desire to govern anyway?

Fascinating. Cant wait to see the newest reason in 5 minutes that you invent.

Oh, so this is now why you support and incompetent, corrupt moron woth no knowledge of foreign policy and no desire to govern anyway?

Fascinating. Cant wait to see the newest reason in 5 minutes that you invent.
I will assume that at least you know what you are trying to say even if no one else does

Last edited:

Forum List

Back