Trump's legal battles and the 2022 Mid Terms

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
This piece says that Trump's upcoming legal battles -- whatever they are, assuming they happen -- will be a big drag on the GOP's electoral chances in 2022.

I don't buy it.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout. We know that the GOP will nominate and turn out to vote for the trumpiest candidates they can find. They will do this because, if they don't, they will lose America to the commies and the Hitlers, and we will all suffer and die. This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.

The Dems? Independents? Are they going to be scratching at the door to vote, as if their lives depended on it? Will some tax dodge conviction motivate them to vote in the mid terms more than they have historically? I sure could be wrong (again), but I don't see it.

Last edited:
This piece says that Trump's upcoming legal battles -- whatever they are, assuming they happen -- will be a big drag on the GOP's electoral chances in 2022.

I don't buy it.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout. We know that the GOP will nominate and turn out to vote for the trumpiest candidates they can find. They will do this because, if they don't, they will lose America to the commies and the Hitlers, and we will all suffer and die. This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.

The Dems? Independents? Are they going to be scratching at the door to vote, as if their lives depended on it? Will some tax dodge conviction motivate them to vote in the mid terms more than they have historically? I sure could be wrong (again), but I don't see it.

Surely they will craft the narrative as Trump v the deep state ?

I understand that Weaselberg was claiming for his grandchildren's education at a time that he didnt have grandchildren. Americans who pay taxes might find that distasteful.

I don't buy it.

Surely they will craft the narrative as Trump v the deep state ?

I understand that Weaselberg was claiming for his grandchildren's education at a time that he didnt have grandchildren. Americans who pay taxes might find that distasteful.
We're so polarized now that I just don't know. This is cultural, sociological. The degree of passion just isn't close.

I don't buy it.

Both sides of the political aisle, the establishment sewer dwellers, want Trump to move on. Both sides will try to blame any failure of the GOP on Trump.

Meanwhile, the best chance for the GOP is to nominate the most America First, Trump-like policies to succeed. If and when that happens, they won't give any credit to the resemblance. This is how much some despise America First.

It should be concerning to all Western citizens that strong, capitalist-driven leaders are constantly attacked in media. Worse, no Western leader has said a word when President Xi just gave the most dark and brooding view of their country vs America in particular in yesterdays speech.

Be it PM Johnson, East German Merkel or Biden/Trudeau, if the world believes that treading lightly in order to avoid costing the CCP "face" is the right approach, they are sadly mistaken.

Support capitalism, human rights and call out those who violate both principles. Partisan politics shouldn't superseed the global threat the West is facing. If Trump is right on an issue, don't be afraid to follow his approach.

TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!! AUUUUGGH!!! TRUMP!!!

I don't buy it.

I think we both know the answer....the turnout of the Democrats in most areas will be pathetic. The GOP voters simply take this more seriously than the DNC voters. If you put the polling place in many democrat's back yard, they'd complain about having to open the back door to get to the polling place.

I think we both know the answer....the turnout of the Democrats in most areas will be pathetic. The GOP voters simply take this more seriously than the DNC voters. If you put the polling place in many democrat's back yard, they'd complain about having to open the back door to get to the polling place.
That's my guess.

I don't buy it.

After Trump, I don't think that is the case anymore.

I don't buy it.

Do you think the Left is now more permanently engaged than it was before 2020?

I don't buy it.

I do, when folks turned out in record numbers in Georgia for a run off that was huge.

I don't buy it.

I wish you were right.

What is the old line? "Democrats want to fall in love...Republicans fall in line." I'm guessing right around the time the election heats up in a few months, the Bernie/AOC wing of the party (or those posing as supporters of them) will be on this board trashing Biden....as if there is no difference between he and the blob.

I don't buy it.

I do, when folks turned out in record numbers in Georgia for a run off that was huge.
Whatever the hell Abrams did there needs to be nationalized.

I don't buy it.

Fair point. I see the midterms differently from the 2024 election however. There is still the insane apathy but there is more, "oh no you don't" sentiment abound. As it stands right now, here is what I would say:

If the midterms were held today; the GOP would win both the House and the Senate.
If the General election was held tomorrow, Biden would trounce any GOP candidate running against him.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout.

Dems will make 2022 and 2024 about TRUMP
It worked in 2018 and 2020

Republicans are doing nothing to convince voters they are not THE PARTY OF TRUMP

Serious question... and I do not expect a genuine answer in any way.

Trump was less than ideal. We get it.
Now we have Biden. How in God's name do you guys possibly think this is good?
We have, as President, an elderly man who unarguably has diminished cognitive abilities. Thta is not debatable.
If any of you think his mental abilities are fine - then your head is buried 10 ft under the ground.
Besides simply saying something else about Trump - how can you possibly be good with Biden??

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout.

Dems will make 2022 and 2024 about TRUMP
It worked in 2018 and 2020

Republicans are doing nothing to convince voters they are not THE PARTY OF TRUMP
Yeah, I think the GQP vote totals are pretty much set in stone. Extremely high turnout, not much growth, maybe a little contraction.

I guess the question now is whether this ugly period really did wake up a sleeping giant on the Left.

We have, as President, an elderly man who unarguably has diminished cognitive abilities. Thta is not debatable.
If any of you think his mental abilities are fine - then your head is buried 10 ft under the ground.
Besides simply saying something else about Trump - how can you possibly be good with Biden??
Please feel free to start a thread on this.

This is not the topic of this thread.

Exactly what I thought

Exactly what I thought
I know.

We can come back to this next year. I say the election will revolve around the economy. If prices continue to climb the (D)'s can forget about any majorities.

Granted the GOP will likely go with the loons keeping it all close.

Forum List

Back