Thank the Good Lord!!!

The high 80s and 90s are very uncomfortable!

Says you ...

asian-women-relaxing-swimming-pool-summer-holiday-beach_45041-320.jpg

Says you ...

View attachment 507938
when in my 20s, Matt and I loved Beach Vacations, and cruising the Caribbean....90 degrees and hotter....great reason to have another frozen cocktail....

Then, in my early 30s, I was a dept store buyer, and won Buyer of the Year, out of 70 Buyers, and my award was an all inclusive vacation for 10 days with the hubby, where ever I wanted in the USA!!!!!

The hubby and I struggled in where to go.... Narrowed it, to either Alaska, or Hawaii.... From Florida....both were really long trips to get there....

We chose Hawaii....Maui.... Had a convertible....Mustang....the whole time there, paid for as well by the Company.....

Best decision we ever made!

And From THAT point on, we realized that we could have beaches and lounge chairs and cocktails on vacation without humidity, and sweating! Beach Vacations did not have to be sweltering! The high 70s as summertime temperatures was lovely!I

Laughs in Floridian!
Been there, done that...parents and sister are still in Florida, my hubby is a Floridian...born and bread there....I spent a few decades of my life there in the sweltering heat and will return, some day.... But not without also having a vacation/summer home, up here!!!

Laughs in Floridian!
Been there, done that...parents and sister are still in Florida, my hubby is a Floridian...born and bread there....I spent a few decades of my life there in the sweltering heat and will return, some day.... But not without also having a vacation/summer home, up here!!!

I am a fifth generation Floridian. However, in 1996 the company I worked for wanted me to take an assignment in Washington State. I moved and worked there for seven years before retiring. The first time I experienced real winters and months of cool weather.

It was interesting to experience four seasons and the springs and falls were great. The summers fine but the winters were brutal for a Florida boy.

The first Christmas we were there there was an ice storm on Christmas Eve. We went to Christmas Eve services at the church we had joined. The roads were terrible but we managed to slip and slide to church in our four wheel drive vehicle, We were use to Christmas Eve services being very crowded. However, there were only a handful of people in the church. As we were leaving the pastor told us only Floridians would be dumb enough to go out at night on icy roads.

Laughs in Floridian!

I am a fifth generation Floridian. However, in 1996 the company I worked for wanted me to take an assignment in Washington State. I moved and worked there for seven years before retiring. The first time I experienced real winters and months of cool weather.

It was interesting to experience four seasons and the springs and falls were great. The summers fine but the winters were brutal for a Florida boy.

The first Christmas we were there there was an ice storm on Christmas Eve. We went to Christmas Eve services at the church we had joined. The roads were terrible but we managed to slip and slide to church in our four wheel drive vehicle, We were use to Christmas Eve services being very crowded. However, there were only a handful of people in the church. As we were leaving the pastor told us only Floridians would be dumb enough to go out at night on icy roads.
Hahahahaha! The priest/pastor was right!!!

:lol:

The farther you move up north, the earlier they rise in the morning! That is something Matt and I both had to get used to....up here, they are early to bed, early to rise people....!!!!! In Florida, department stores didn't even open until 10am, up here they open at 9am.

I haven't been to a midnight service on Christmas Eve, since we left Florida....!

In summer, right now, it is daylight at around 4:15am....people get up early! We cherish every drop of sunshine that we can...about 16 hours a day right now...because in winter, we might have only 8 hours of daylight....it's completely dark by 4:30 pm!!!

We are sawing wood, long before Midnight service...

Care4all

No it's not. You godbotherers utter it continually on here as if your silly God helped.
There is no God and never has been.

fncceo

What can be asserted without evidence can dismissed without evidence.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Not one person can produce anything. There is no God and anyone who thinks there is is delusional.
Do you want to go on with this.

Forum List

Back