Trump's legal battles and the 2022 Mid Terms

We can come back to this next year. I say the election will revolve around the economy. If prices continue to climb the (D)'s can forget about any majorities.

Granted the GOP will likely go with the loons keeping it all close.

I don’t think 2022 will have any crisis one way or the other
No wars, no economic collapse, no pandemic

Dems will run on FEAR OF TRUMP
Republicans will claim Dems are Commies

If prices continue to rise the GOP will have a great platform to run on as long as they don't run candidates that want to run on "Dems are Commies".

If prices continue to rise, they won't have to but it seems some just can't stop themselves.

I don’t think inflation alone will do it.
The stock market is at record highs, GDP is rising, millions of new jobs……..more importantly, we are returning to normal after a year of COVID

All with millions not benefitting from any of that.
People are returning to work and their lives are returning to normal.
It will be difficult to stir up voter rage

You can bet $4.00 gas and increased food prices will indeed do that.

Let's note that they are returning to work without the promise of an increase in the minimum wage.
Well, let’s see where gas prices go. Right now they are at $3.00. But we went years with gas in the $3.00 - $4.00 range, there will not be shock like we had before.

Any outrage over minimum wage will be directed at Republicans

I see 2022 as a very boring midterm

Why Republicans? Everyone says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage. Maybe not to $15 but it's up to Nancy to get that ball rolling.

So you get $12 and then argue that if you want it higher you have to give the Dems more seats. Otherwise it's just another empty promise. Despite having majorities in the House and Senate under Obama and now Biden the (D)'s haven't raised the minimum wage even once.

Nancy is more interested in her useless Jan 6 commission. Raise the minimum wage and maybe I'll consider a (D). Otherwise it's back to third party.
Why?

Because Republicans have blocked minimum wage increases for 11 years
As it should be. Why should I, who's had a couple DECADES of experience as a Commercial driver end up being paid equal to that of a burger flipper?

We can come back to this next year. I say the election will revolve around the economy. If prices continue to climb the (D)'s can forget about any majorities.

If prices continue to rise the GOP will have a great platform to run on as long as they don't run candidates that want to run on "Dems are Commies".

If prices continue to rise, they won't have to but it seems some just can't stop themselves.

The stock market is at record highs, GDP is rising, millions of new jobs……..more importantly, we are returning to normal after a year of COVID

Let's note that they are returning to work without the promise of an increase in the minimum wage.
Well, let’s see where gas prices go. Right now they are at $3.00. But we went years with gas in the $3.00 - $4.00 range, there will not be shock like we had before.

Why Republicans? Everyone says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage. Maybe not to $15 but it's up to Nancy to get that ball rolling.

So you get $12 and then argue that if you want it higher you have to give the Dems more seats. Otherwise it's just another empty promise. Despite having majorities in the House and Senate under Obama and now Biden the (D)'s haven't raised the minimum wage even once.

Nancy is more interested in her useless Jan 6 commission. Raise the minimum wage and maybe I'll consider a (D). Otherwise it's back to third party.
Nancy raised the federal minimum wage the last time it was raised, when she took power under Bush, I see no reason why she won't accomplish that, once again...now!

Which is what we are discussing. What will influence the 2022 election. If they get it done great. If not it's going to be a drag on them.

I don't think so.

Employers have been having a hard time finding people to work for slave wages.

While the legal minimum wage is still 7.25 at the federal level, employers are now forced to raise wages without the law changing.

What changed is people aren't willing to work for slave wages anymore and employers are now offering much higher starting wages and some are even offering hiring bonuses.

Some states have also raised their minimum wage.

So while the federal minimum wage has not increased, wages have increased because of either state law or employers are now being forced to offer much higher wages because people just refuse to work for the low federal minimum wage.

Here is a good article about this. You have to read a few paragraphs before you get to the part about employers offering higher wages, better benefits and signing bonuses.

The following article was written in May and it looks like employers are taking the advice:

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout.

Dems will make 2022 and 2024 about TRUMP
It worked in 2018 and 2020

Republicans are doing nothing to convince voters they are not THE PARTY OF TRUMP
Yeah, I think the GQP vote totals are pretty much set in stone. Extremely high turnout, not much growth, maybe a little contraction.

I guess the question now is whether this ugly period really did wake up a sleeping giant on the Left.

I think you are ignoring one very big factor.

The republicans have been purging their party of sane and intelligent people.

People, especially in the suburbs, women and Independents, have been running from the republicans in horror since 2018. They also have not expanded their party by adding new people.

Millions of republican voters are now Independents and aren't going to run out to vote for republicans like they used to.

One very important factor is the voting suppression reform many red states have passed into law. It will be harder to vote for almost everyone. Republicans used to have a very high number of mail in voters, they don't anymore and it will decrease even more because of the new mail in voting laws in red states. It won't be as easy for those in rural areas to vote either.

History shows that the party in the White House loses seats in congress in non presidential voting years so that will be a factor.

I don't think anyone can predict what will happen in the election next year.

Anyone who thinks they can is only fooling themselves.

I could be wrong but it's never a good idea to count chickens before they hatch.
-2020 census redistricting/ GOP Gerrymandering alone, is suppose to give the Republicans 30 plus seats in the house IN 2022.

-NEW voting restrictions that will affect dems more than repubs.

Those two things alone, are a mountain the size of Everest, to get over!

I still have hope, though.
Thank God. Democunts need to be eliminated.
:cuckoo:
I say it all the time: You may as well be trying to communicate with a wild-eyed jihadi on the streets of Damascus.

Why?

I have already addressed this. Even Joe Manchin says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage, just not to $15. If Nancy was smart (and she isn't) she would say fine and introduce a bill raising it to $13. Maybe we get $12. She can then brag about that and beat on the idea that if people want it higher they have to elect more Democrats.

What she is doing is presenting her own agenda by only talking about her 1/6 commission. We already know what happened and repeating it over and over does NOTHING to help those struggling.

Nancy raised the federal minimum wage the last time it was raised, when she took power under Bush, I see no reason why she won't accomplish that, once again...now!

Which is what we are discussing. What will influence the 2022 election. If they get it done great. If not it's going to be a drag on them.

I don't think so.

Employers have been having a hard time finding people to work for slave wages.

While the legal minimum wage is still 7.25 at the federal level, employers are now forced to raise wages without the law changing.

What changed is people aren't willing to work for slave wages anymore and employers are now offering much higher starting wages and some are even offering hiring bonuses.

Some states have also raised their minimum wage.

So while the federal minimum wage has not increased, wages have increased because of either state law or employers are now being forced to offer much higher wages because people just refuse to work for the low federal minimum wage.

Here is a good article about this. You have to read a few paragraphs before you get to the part about employers offering higher wages, better benefits and signing bonuses.

The following article was written in May and it looks like employers are taking the advice:

While some places offer like $10 and hour to get people, if the minimum wage was raised to even $12.50 all would have to offer that and the places now offering $10 would have to offer $15.

Why?

As it should be. Why should I, who's had a couple DECADES of experience as a Commercial driver end up being paid equal to that of a burger flipper?

You wouldn't be.

Why?

You wouldn't be.
Yes, I would. and let's not forget inflation WILL occur with every increase in the Min. Wage

This piece says that Trump's upcoming legal battles -- whatever they are, assuming they happen -- will be a big drag on the GOP's electoral chances in 2022.

I don't buy it.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout. We know that the GOP will nominate and turn out to vote for the trumpiest candidates they can find. They will do this because, if they don't, they will lose America to the commies and the Hitlers, and we will all suffer and die. This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.

The Dems? Independents? Are they going to be scratching at the door to vote, as if their lives depended on it? Will some tax dodge conviction motivate them to vote in the mid terms more than they have historically? I sure could be wrong (again), but I don't see it.

Republicans and Democrats will win, the American people will lose. Until we start finding good candidates we will continue down the same road of fiscal irresponsibility. That is the main take away from all the elections.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout.

Republicans are doing nothing to convince voters they are not THE PARTY OF TRUMP
Yeah, I think the GQP vote totals are pretty much set in stone. Extremely high turnout, not much growth, maybe a little contraction.

I guess the question now is whether this ugly period really did wake up a sleeping giant on the Left.

People, especially in the suburbs, women and Independents, have been running from the republicans in horror since 2018. They also have not expanded their party by adding new people.

Millions of republican voters are now Independents and aren't going to run out to vote for republicans like they used to.

One very important factor is the voting suppression reform many red states have passed into law. It will be harder to vote for almost everyone. Republicans used to have a very high number of mail in voters, they don't anymore and it will decrease even more because of the new mail in voting laws in red states. It won't be as easy for those in rural areas to vote either.

History shows that the party in the White House loses seats in congress in non presidential voting years so that will be a factor.

I could be wrong but it's never a good idea to count chickens before they hatch.
I'm not assuming anything. But I do know that the Trumpster turnout will be sky high.

As for the pro-Dem/anti-Trump turnout, I surely don't know.

But you're going on the assumption that the republicans have not been purging their party of sane and intelligent people.

You also are ignoring the fact that people have been running from the republican party in horror since 2018.

Yes the trump crazy people will run as fast as they can to a voting place to vote.

But you are forgetting that the numbers of them are declining. Especially since the insurrection.

Not as many people will run out to vote or vote for a republican as they have in past years.

I'm not saying that democrats will win in mid terms.

I'm saying it's not a good idea to make any predictions. Especially since that election is a year and a half away.

I'm saying it's best to wait and see what happens.

Why?

You wouldn't be.
Yes, I would. and let's not forget inflation WILL occur with every increase in the Min. Wage

Inflations occurs anyway because we pump billions into the markets and those at the bottom fall further and further behind.

If you are making $12 an hour now you are going to get a raise also or otherwise those doing higher wage jobs will simply take the easy jobs and your employer is SOL.

I'm not assuming anything. But I do know that the Trumpster turnout will be sky high.

But you're going on the assumption that the republicans have not been purging their party of sane and intelligent people.

You also are ignoring the fact that people have been running from the republican party in horror since 2018.

Yes the trump crazy people will run as fast as they can to a voting place to vote.

But you are forgetting that the numbers of them are declining. Especially since the insurrection.

Not as many people will run out to vote or vote for a republican as they have in past years.

I'm saying it's not a good idea to make any predictions. Especially since that election is a year and a half away.

Well, as I've mentioned multiple times, I don't know. I'm not one for predictions.

There may be some Republicans who voted for Trump before who will change their vote, or not vote at all.

I don't know.

This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.
How odd

Thats exactly how it is for you too

You are wound just as tight as the trump supporters you are attacking every day, all day, morning noon and night
But it isn't.

So you're just making things up. Again.
I dont have to make anything up

Liberals typically cannot see themselves the way othets see them

You are used to attacking others but since you committed to biden now you are subject to attack also

Yet you continue to act as if trump were still president

Meanwhile you totally ignore leftwing violence in tje streets, the riding threat from china, as well as the invasion on our southern border

All that matters to you is your pet peeve over trump

This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.
How odd

Thats exactly how it is for you too

You are wound just as tight as the trump supporters you are attacking every day, all day, morning noon and night
But it isn't.

So you're just making things up. Again.
I dont have to make anything up

Liberals typically cannot see themselves the way othets see them

You are used to attacking others but since you committed to biden now you are subject to attack also

Yet you continue to act as if trump were still president

Meanwhile you totally ignore leftwing violence in tje streets, the riding threat from china, as well as the invasion on our southern border

All that matters to you is your pet peeve over trump
And you do it again. You literally can't help yourself.

I don't understand this need you have. But I don't have to.

Why?

I have already addressed this. Even Joe Manchin says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage, just not to $15. If Nancy was smart (and she isn't) she would say fine and introduce a bill raising it to $13. Maybe we get $12. She can then brag about that and beat on the idea that if people want it higher they have to elect more Democrats.

What she is doing is presenting her own agenda by only talking about her 1/6 commission. We already know what happened and repeating it over and over does NOTHING to help those struggling.

Nancy already did that.

It's not the House or democrats that won't raise minimum wage.

It's the republicans in the Senate.

I wish people wouldn't blame this on democrats. They have been trying to increase the minimum wage for years.

It's the republicans who filibuster the legislation so that it dies in the Senate.

you do it again. You literally can't help yourself.

I don't understand this need you have. But I don't have to.
We represent the great political and cultural divide in America

I respect America for what it is and what it used to be

And I think you once did also

But you’ve thrown in your lot with the left that wants to tear America down and thats unacceptable to me

Well, as I've mentioned multiple times, I don't know. I'm not one for predictions.

There may be some Republicans who voted for Trump before who will change their vote, or not vote at all.

I don't know.

I have met many republicans who have told me their last straw was the insurrection and the fact that trump won't stop saying the 2020 election was fraud.

A lot of people have had enough of trump. I have friends who were trump people but now, they wouldn't vote for trump or a trump politician if their lives depended on it.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who knows people like that.

Trump is doing more rallies and spending 90 minutes on stage at his rallies whining about the 2020 election and that he will be reinstated in August.

People are getting very sick and tired of it. It's turning people away.

The handful of trump people I know have all rejected trump and any politician who has the same policies as trump.

I think there are factors involved that many aren't considering.

I do know that anyone who thinks they can predict what will happen in the fall of 2022 is very foolish.

Intelligent people will not make predictions. They will wait to see the actual results of the election.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

I wish people wouldn't blame this on democrats. They have been trying to increase the minimum wage for years.

It's the republicans who filibuster the legislation so that it dies in the Senate.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Negotiate. Manchin noted that the votes are there for an increase. Have we forgot that this is what politicians are supposed to do? Did Nancy take "no" for answer on the 1/6 commission?

Two things Republicans need to continue to hammer:

Dimocrats will continue an effort to tear down our police depts all across this country.

Dimocrats will continue to allow the third-world to flood our country.

I don't know.

I have met many republicans who have told me their last straw was the insurrection and the fact that trump won't stop saying the 2020 election was fraud.

A lot of people have had enough of trump. I have friends who were trump people but now, they wouldn't vote for trump or a trump politician if their lives depended on it.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who knows people like that.

Trump is doing more rallies and spending 90 minutes on stage at his rallies whining about the 2020 election and that he will be reinstated in August.

People are getting very sick and tired of it. It's turning people away.

The handful of trump people I know have all rejected trump and any politician who has the same policies as trump.

I think there are factors involved that many aren't considering.

I do know that anyone who thinks they can predict what will happen in the fall of 2022 is very foolish.

Intelligent people will not make predictions. They will wait to see the actual results of the election.

The only way I would vote for Trump, is if it's him vs ANY Dimocrat.

Yeah. 35+ million more people voted in 2020.
That is the biggest percentage increase in the history of humanity.

So, yes, a whole shit ton of new voters came out and voted for Joe Biden. Listen to how that sounds.

Or maybe there's another explanation…

:dunno:

Either way, if that level of voter turn out is ever replicated I will be damn surprised.

Forum List

Back