Trump's legal battles and the 2022 Mid Terms

Yeah. 35+ million more people voted in 2020.
That is the biggest percentage increase in the history of humanity.

So, yes, a whole shit ton of new voters came out and voted for Joe Biden. Listen to how that sounds.

Or maybe there's another explanation…

:dunno:

Either way, if that level of voter turn out is ever replicated I will be damn surprised.
You have any data showing 35 million new voters voted for Biden or are you just making shit up?

So, yes, a whole shit ton of new voters came out and voted for Joe Biden. Listen to how that sounds.

Either way, if that level of voter turn out is ever replicated I will be damn surprised.
You have any data showing 35 million new voters voted for Biden or are you just making shit up?
Ask Mac. He posted it.

2022 is shaping up to be communist democrat sound defeat. Then we wipe out the administration in 2024.

Republicans will probably take the House. Recent Gerrymandering will allow them to carve out new seats.

In the Senate, Republicans are defending 20 seats vs 14 for the Dems. Five Republican Senators are retiring.
Look for Dems to pick up two seats.

Republicans will probably take the House. Recent Gerrymandering will allow them to carve out new seats.

In the Senate, Republicans are defending 20 seats vs 14 for the Dems. Five Republican Senators are retiring.
Look for Dems to pick up two seats.
I think the seats in AZ and GA go back to the GOP challengers. PA seat goes to a GOP replacement and Wisconsin flips Dem. 51-49 if others hold as expected, but I doubt it.

That's the plan. It has always been the plan. Keep Trump tied up in legal battles and cut back his agenda. Trump built things and created good jobs for workers before he became president and they punish him for it. Barry Hussein was a second rate lawyer who may have made a living by extorting money from an endowment fund along with his partner and former domestic terrorist Bill Ayers. He had a lack luster career as senator but left the White House as a multi millionaire.

This piece says that Trump's upcoming legal battles -- whatever they are, assuming they happen -- will be a big drag on the GOP's electoral chances in 2022.

I don't buy it.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout. We know that the GOP will nominate and turn out to vote for the trumpiest candidates they can find. They will do this because, if they don't, they will lose America to the commies and the Hitlers, and we will all suffer and die. This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.

The Dems? Independents? Are they going to be scratching at the door to vote, as if their lives depended on it? Will some tax dodge conviction motivate them to vote in the mid terms more than they have historically? I sure could be wrong (again), but I don't see it.

I think we both know the answer....the turnout of the Democrats in most areas will be pathetic. The GOP voters simply take this more seriously than the DNC voters. If you put the polling place in many democrat's back yard, they'd complain about having to open the back door to get to the polling place.
After Trump, I don't think that is the case anymore.
Do you think the Left is now more permanently engaged than it was before 2020?
I do, when folks turned out in record numbers in Georgia for a run off that was huge.
And Buffalo elects a hardcore Communist Kunt in India Walton over Byron Brown this year.
WTF is India Walton or Byron Brown? Wait I know a Bryon Brown, I didn't know he was running for office.

This piece says that Trump's upcoming legal battles -- whatever they are, assuming they happen -- will be a big drag on the GOP's electoral chances in 2022.

I don't buy it.

Seems to me that the mid terms are going to be about one (1) thing: Democratic turnout. We know that the GOP will nominate and turn out to vote for the trumpiest candidates they can find. They will do this because, if they don't, they will lose America to the commies and the Hitlers, and we will all suffer and die. This is literally Good vs. Evil for them. They'll show up. They HAVE to.

The Dems? Independents? Are they going to be scratching at the door to vote, as if their lives depended on it? Will some tax dodge conviction motivate them to vote in the mid terms more than they have historically? I sure could be wrong (again), but I don't see it.

I think we both know the answer....the turnout of the Democrats in most areas will be pathetic. The GOP voters simply take this more seriously than the DNC voters. If you put the polling place in many democrat's back yard, they'd complain about having to open the back door to get to the polling place.
After Trump, I don't think that is the case anymore.
Do you think the Left is now more permanently engaged than it was before 2020?
I do, when folks turned out in record numbers in Georgia for a run off that was huge.
And Buffalo elects a hardcore Communist Kunt in India Walton over Byron Brown this year.
WTF is India Walton or Byron Brown? Wait I know a Bryon Brown, I didn't know he was running for office.
He is the 4 term incumbent mayor.

We can come back to this next year. I say the election will revolve around the economy. If prices continue to climb the (D)'s can forget about any majorities.

Granted the GOP will likely go with the loons keeping it all close.

I don’t think 2022 will have any crisis one way or the other
No wars, no economic collapse, no pandemic

Dems will run on FEAR OF TRUMP
Republicans will claim Dems are Commies

If prices continue to rise the GOP will have a great platform to run on as long as they don't run candidates that want to run on "Dems are Commies".

If prices continue to rise, they won't have to but it seems some just can't stop themselves.

I don’t think inflation alone will do it.
The stock market is at record highs, GDP is rising, millions of new jobs……..more importantly, we are returning to normal after a year of COVID

All with millions not benefitting from any of that.
People are returning to work and their lives are returning to normal.
It will be difficult to stir up voter rage

You can bet $4.00 gas and increased food prices will indeed do that.

Let's note that they are returning to work without the promise of an increase in the minimum wage.
Well, let’s see where gas prices go. Right now they are at $3.00. But we went years with gas in the $3.00 - $4.00 range, there will not be shock like we had before.

Any outrage over minimum wage will be directed at Republicans

I see 2022 as a very boring midterm

Why Republicans? Everyone says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage. Maybe not to $15 but it's up to Nancy to get that ball rolling.

So you get $12 and then argue that if you want it higher you have to give the Dems more seats. Otherwise it's just another empty promise. Despite having majorities in the House and Senate under Obama and now Biden the (D)'s haven't raised the minimum wage even once.

Nancy is more interested in her useless Jan 6 commission. Raise the minimum wage and maybe I'll consider a (D). Otherwise it's back to third party.
Why?

Because Republicans have blocked minimum wage increases for 11 years

I have already addressed this. Even Joe Manchin says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage, just not to $15. If Nancy was smart (and she isn't) she would say fine and introduce a bill raising it to $13. Maybe we get $12. She can then brag about that and beat on the idea that if people want it higher they have to elect more Democrats.

What she is doing is presenting her own agenda by only talking about her 1/6 commission. We already know what happened and repeating it over and over does NOTHING to help those struggling.

Nancy already did that.

It's not the House or democrats that won't raise minimum wage.

It's the republicans in the Senate.

I wish people wouldn't blame this on democrats. They have been trying to increase the minimum wage for years.

It's the republicans who filibuster the legislation so that it dies in the Senate.

We can come back to this next year. I say the election will revolve around the economy. If prices continue to climb the (D)'s can forget about any majorities.

If prices continue to rise the GOP will have a great platform to run on as long as they don't run candidates that want to run on "Dems are Commies".

If prices continue to rise, they won't have to but it seems some just can't stop themselves.

The stock market is at record highs, GDP is rising, millions of new jobs……..more importantly, we are returning to normal after a year of COVID

Let's note that they are returning to work without the promise of an increase in the minimum wage.
Well, let’s see where gas prices go. Right now they are at $3.00. But we went years with gas in the $3.00 - $4.00 range, there will not be shock like we had before.

Why Republicans? Everyone says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage. Maybe not to $15 but it's up to Nancy to get that ball rolling.

So you get $12 and then argue that if you want it higher you have to give the Dems more seats. Otherwise it's just another empty promise. Despite having majorities in the House and Senate under Obama and now Biden the (D)'s haven't raised the minimum wage even once.

Nancy is more interested in her useless Jan 6 commission. Raise the minimum wage and maybe I'll consider a (D). Otherwise it's back to third party.
Why?

I have already addressed this. Even Joe Manchin says there is a consensus to raise the minimum wage, just not to $15. If Nancy was smart (and she isn't) she would say fine and introduce a bill raising it to $13. Maybe we get $12. She can then brag about that and beat on the idea that if people want it higher they have to elect more Democrats.

What she is doing is presenting her own agenda by only talking about her 1/6 commission. We already know what happened and repeating it over and over does NOTHING to help those struggling.

Nancy already did that.

I wish people wouldn't blame this on democrats. They have been trying to increase the minimum wage for years.

It's the republicans who filibuster the legislation so that it dies in the Senate.

Negotiate. Manchin noted that the votes are there for an increase. Have we forgot that this is what politicians are supposed to do? Did Nancy take "no" for answer on the 1/6 commission?

Nancy didn't take no for an answer mostly because she could. She has the power to create a select committee.

Nancy can't do a damn thing about the republican filibuster.

Manchin is fooling himself if he thinks that there are 10 republicans who will vote to raise the minimum wage to override that non stop filibuster.

Manchin also said there was enough to get the commission too. That didn't turn out so well.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Negotiate. Manchin noted that the votes are there for an increase. Have we forgot that this is what politicians are supposed to do? Did Nancy take "no" for answer on the 1/6 commission?

Nancy didn't take no for an answer mostly because she could. She has the power to create a select committee.

Manchin is fooling himself if he thinks that there are 10 republicans who will vote to raise the minimum wage to override that non stop filibuster.

Manchin also said there was enough to get the commission too. That didn't turn out so well.

No he didn't. He said Republicans had no excuse to vote against it, not that they would vote for it.

No one wants to actually do the work to get anything passed in Washington any more. Granted, Nancy makes a poor spokesperson as she is another politician where people are going to say no just because it's Nancy. There is a reason she has lost seats each time she was the speaker.

A rhetorical question, I assume :laugh:

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

No he didn't. He said Republicans had no excuse to vote against it, not that they would vote for it.

No one wants to actually do the work to get anything passed in Washington any more. Granted, Nancy makes a poor spokesperson as she is another politician where people are going to say no just because it's Nancy. There is a reason she has lost seats each time she was the speaker.

It doesn't matter who is the democratic speaker of the house.

That person will be treated the same way Nancy is treated now. It's not the person. It's the party.

We have a very divided nation. The republicans hate the democrats so much that they are willing to do harm to our nation just so that democrats can't do anything to benefit our nation or in republican terms, have a win.

It's not about winning or losing. Or it shouldn't be.

It should be about doing what's best for our nation.

I have been a registered Independent since 1978. I've voted a variety of parties through the decades.

I don't have much faith in either party. The democrats have good intensions and ideas but they have no spine to implement them.

republicans have very bad ideas that harm our nation and they do have the spine to implement them. Which is why we have been on this roller coaster of bubbles and bursts since the reagan years.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

That person will be treated the same way Nancy is treated now. It's not the person. It's the party.

We have a very divided nation. The republicans hate the democrats so much that they are willing to do harm to our nation just so that democrats can't do anything to benefit our nation or in republican terms, have a win.

I have been a registered Independent since 1978. I've voted a variety of parties through the decades.

I don't have much faith in either party. The democrats have good intensions and ideas but they have no spine to implement them.

republicans have very bad ideas that harm our nation and they do have the spine to implement them. Which is why we have been on this roller coaster of bubbles and bursts since the reagan years.

I disagree. Nancy is an issue. It's like saying Trump wasn't the issue.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Nancy is an issue to Republicans
As it should be

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

As it should be

I'm not a Republican and I say she is an issue also.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

As it should be

Is Mitch an issue?
How about Kevin McCarthy?

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

As it should be

Is Mitch an issue?
How about Kevin McCarthy?

Mitch most certainly is. I rarely hear anything from McCarthy.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

Why?

Nancy already did that.

I can agree to disagree.

Forum List

Back