Trump was right again...New York Attorney General files lawsuit to dissolve NRA

one day, sooner rather than later, America will remove the NRA's boot off innocent people's knecks!

The 2nd amendment is as strong as ever. My hunting rifles and shotguns are still safe in my house. I don't need to find their vacations.
/——/ I don't need to find their vacations, either. And you libtards are chipping away at the 2nd Amendment every day. Just go to a Blue State and try and buy a gun.

If I want a gun, I can walk into any gunsshop or pawnshop, pick out the one I want, pay for it and after the background check, walk out with it with 5 boxes of ammo for it. Before Covid, I could buy a gun faster than I could buy a loaf of bread. The breakdown now is that the background checks are backlogged and you can't take the gun out of the "Shop" until it passes. It's taking 1 to 3 days. When things get back to normal, we'll go back to the 10 minute gun buy IN A BLUE STATE. Please stop lying.

Background checks are taking up to a week now. And very few places will sell you 5 boxes of premium clean ammo, if you can find it!
As usual, you're talking shit!

No "They" aren't. If they were trying as hard as you bleet, it would have been done long ago.
Dems have certainly tried

but so far too many voters disagree

I know you couldn't tell me who "They" are. I know a number of Democrats with guns and not once have they tried to take someone else's guns. Okay, I will admit I have "Coveted" a few guns in my time but never taken without permission. You are using the word "Dem" in the place of "They" and you still haven't given a concrete answer who "They " are.
Its not necessary for you to agree with me

I know the democrates represent a threat to the 2nd amendment whether yo7 admit it or not
Nonsense.

This is a lie – as ridiculous as it is wrong.

In fact, Democrats support and defend Second Amendment jurisprudence, unlike most on the right.

LaPierre, in charge of the NRA’s day-to-day operations for nearly three decades, stands accused of spending millions of dollars on luxury black car services and private jet trips, including eight visits to the Bahamas, as well as accepting expensive gifts such as African safaris, hair and makeup for his wife and use of a 107-foot yacht. He also engineered a $17m post-employment contract for himself, according to the lawsuit.

All of this suggests an organisation that thinks it is above the law. Contributions are meant to promote Gun ownership and not Yachts and safaris. It all suggests a culture where top execs enrich themselves at the expense of the members. Those members should be pleased that their interests are being protected and the pigs are being removed from the trough.

This isn't about getting corrupt officials.....this is all about the democrat party targeting a group that was about to spend millions of dollars in political ads in battleground states........

It also reveals the that the democrats are going to do everything they can to take power in the United States...which should worry you tommy......once they wrech the U.S. there won't be anyone to support your welfare state....
Or...an alternative theory...and hear me out...is that it's about getting corrupt officials.
That's plausible right?
No, because the person making these charges is a Cuomo lackey in the NY DA office and this is nothing more than a political hit job to clear the NRA from obstructing their gun grabbing plans.

The NRA is NOT a government agency.
I don't understand the importance of your last sentence.
Can't private organisaions be guilty of fraud?

LaPierre, in charge of the NRA’s day-to-day operations for nearly three decades, stands accused of spending millions of dollars on luxury black car services and private jet trips, including eight visits to the Bahamas, as well as accepting expensive gifts such as African safaris, hair and makeup for his wife and use of a 107-foot yacht. He also engineered a $17m post-employment contract for himself, according to the lawsuit.

All of this suggests an organisation that thinks it is above the law. Contributions are meant to promote Gun ownership and not Yachts and safaris. It all suggests a culture where top execs enrich themselves at the expense of the members. Those members should be pleased that their interests are being protected and the pigs are being removed from the trough.

This isn't about getting corrupt officials.....this is all about the democrat party targeting a group that was about to spend millions of dollars in political ads in battleground states........

It also reveals the that the democrats are going to do everything they can to take power in the United States...which should worry you tommy......once they wrech the U.S. there won't be anyone to support your welfare state....
Or...an alternative theory...and hear me out...is that it's about getting corrupt officials.
That's plausible right?

Nope, cause if it was they would have gone after planned parenthood......selling dead baby parts...
Why would they do that?
One is a thing...the other is not.

That's plausible right?
No, because the person making these charges is a Cuomo lackey in the NY DA office and this is nothing more than a political hit job to clear the NRA from obstructing their gun grabbing plans.

Have members of the NRA brought the complaint of fraud to the DA, or is it just the DA making a baseless allegation?

That's plausible right?

Have members of the NRA brought the complaint of fraud to the DA, or is it just the DA making a baseless allegation?
You've already decided it's baseless?
Why are you so quick to give them a pass on corruption...is it because they represent your side?

That's plausible right?

And...I'm no law expert but...I think the basis of the claim is that the NRA has special requirements under its tax-free status to manage its finances correcetly.
That's where the NYAG jurisdiction comes from.

I have no idea what any of this is about. I heard one remark concerning the NRA but I have no idea what it is concerning. What are we supposed to take from this?

This is a better source:

New York AG seeks to dissolve NRA in new lawsuit

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Thursday that her office has filed a lawsuit against the National Rifle Association and its leadership, including Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, looking to dissolve the organization.

James accused the organization of having "a culture of self-dealing," taking millions of dollars for personal use and granting contracts that benefited leaders' family and associates.

"The NRA's influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets," James said in a statement. "The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law."

Thank you. This helps. She is wasting the taxpayers money. If they are taking millions for personal use (which I agree they do) that is an internal and member issue.
You need to read statements like this with a jaundiced eye! James accuses top executives at the NRA of funneling millions of dollars into their own pockets over "decades"? How many executives are we talking about? Dozens? Hundreds? So what would the salaries for all of these executives be over the course of at least twenty years? It would be shocking quite frankly if those salaries DIDN'T add up to "millions"! So what James is attempting to do is retroactively attack the NRA for doing what every OTHER group like them has been doing for that same amount of time! The executives at MOST political action groups get paid just like the ones at the NRA! So why is James targeting them? It's obviously political. The NRA spends millions on ads against liberal candidates. THAT is their crime in James' eyes!
How stupid. Do you REALLY think a career white collar crime investigator doesn't know the difference between illegally allocated funds and normal compensation? Good grief, listen to yourself.

we don't want to take the 2nd amendment away, we just want an assault weapons ban. we're not fucking nazis. we're just people who don't want their kids to get shot!

i was a 2nd Amendment absolutist before Parkland. i don't think the NRA has the best interest of gun owners at heart. gun owners don't want their kids mowed down at school

They don’t and they’ll be going the same way as Trump’s bogus “charity”

Ee3MwC2WoAEE5z9

Last edited:
I have no idea what any of this is about. I heard one remark concerning the NRA but I have no idea what it is concerning. What are we supposed to take from this?

This is a better source:

New York AG seeks to dissolve NRA in new lawsuit

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Thursday that her office has filed a lawsuit against the National Rifle Association and its leadership, including Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, looking to dissolve the organization.

James accused the organization of having "a culture of self-dealing," taking millions of dollars for personal use and granting contracts that benefited leaders' family and associates.

"The NRA's influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets," James said in a statement. "The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law."

Thank you. This helps. She is wasting the taxpayers money. If they are taking millions for personal use (which I agree they do) that is an internal and member issue.
You need to read statements like this with a jaundiced eye! James accuses top executives at the NRA of funneling millions of dollars into their own pockets over "decades"? How many executives are we talking about? Dozens? Hundreds? So what would the salaries for all of these executives be over the course of at least twenty years? It would be shocking quite frankly if those salaries DIDN'T add up to "millions"! So what James is attempting to do is retroactively attack the NRA for doing what every OTHER group like them has been doing for that same amount of time! The executives at MOST political action groups get paid just like the ones at the NRA! So why is James targeting them? It's obviously political. The NRA spends millions on ads against liberal candidates. THAT is their crime in James' eyes!
How stupid. Do you REALLY think a career white collar crime investigator doesn't know the difference between illegally allocated funds and normal compensation? Good grief, listen to yourself.

Where are you seeing "white collar crime"? The NRA paid it's executives millions over several decades? How is THAT a crime of any kind? This isn't about a crime taking place...this is about a State Attorney General using the power of her office to attack the political opposition!

i got something NY should investigate!

EeyXlJUWoAAlo5Q

this is just a lawsuit to "get" a conservative organization during an election year...the NY AG ran on "get Trump"

the politicians in washington and the NRA are lying to us about mass shootings, and it seems us Parkland kids are the only ones who have noticed. WE CALL BS! They live in their gilded House and Senate seats, telling us nothing could be done to prevent this. WE CALL BS! they say tougher gun laws do not decrease gun violence. WE CALL BS! They say a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun. WE CALL BS! they say guns are tools like knives and are as dangerous as cars. WE CALL BS! They say no laws could have prevented the senseless tragedies that have happened. WE CALL BS!

WE CALL BS!
WE CALL BS!
WE CALL BS!
WE CALL BS!
Another one who never read the Constitution

it reminds me how they went after Eric Trump's foundation...it was totally political!

Forum List

Back