TRUMP to Sign executive order on social media, their attacks on free speech!

This oughta be good. His staff, lawyers, and DOJ will be up all night trying to figure out something he can do to stop Twitter from attaching a fact check to his tweets.
It has to be done.. we need fair elections. We need the conservative message out
Are you idiots incapable of thinking for yourselves? Trump declares something and you blindly rollover.

[Q
If liablous commentary on social media can be grounds for a lawsuit, then USMB will be exposed to lawsuits they were once protected from by federal law.
So I can sue USMB for allowing a poster to post an OP full of lies against Obama? Or does Obama have to do that? Is that how it works? Posters can't libel each other, because we're anonymous.
Supposedly, the EO allows for liable suits to be filed whereas now, these platforms are protected from such lawsuits. If someone liables Obama, you can't sue for him, he would have to do that and be able to prove the text(s) are false and prove damages. It's also more difficult for him to file such a lawsuit since he's a public figure and public figures are fair game for the most part.

However, if I'm reading it right, us non-public posters will be able to sue for liablous false claims made against us. And such claims are made here every minute of every day.

This oughta be good. His staff, lawyers, and DOJ will be up all night trying to figure out something he can do to stop Twitter from attaching a fact check to his tweets.
It has to be done.. we need fair elections. We need the conservative message out
Are you idiots incapable of thinking for yourselves? Trump declares something and you blindly rollover.
That 5th Avenuer was doing cartwheels over it before he even knew what was in it.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Well...the reality of the criminal justice system is this: finite resources. Do you go after every crime equally with the same intensity? No. That doesn't happen. When it comes to voter fraud, I'm guessing more resources and effort go into the types of fraud that are more likely to have an impact.
I agree.

Most of the time, when it is a person voting illegally it is someone who didn't realize they could not vote, didn't realize they were in the wrong precinct etc. One person voting illegally isn't a game changer.

If it's someone altering ballots or - deliberately not counting ballots, that could be a game changer I would think.
I disagree... The foundation of the country is one person, one vote. People can refuse to vote... Cool. Whatever. That's a vote in itself.

But what I'm suggesting here with having more than one vote... It's really not illegal. They signed their name to that ballet, and someone else took the time to fill it out for them. That's how it's going to come out at any rate. Some people will vote, and not truly know who they voted for however.

There is no evidence to suggest that mail in ballots are any less secure than other systems - expats and military members have been using it for ages.
I disagree... Example: The government pays attention to military deaths. They absolutely know who is dead with the mail ins on those. Easy catch... I bet my Grandpa gets to vote this year, and he's dead.

There is something to be said for you have to show up to vote if you aren't in the military. Lot harder to cheat it, and you can't vote for other people doing that. Not this easy anyway.

IMO it's more secure than online voting (which frankly scares the hell out of me with the way things get hacked these days).
So you make it to where it doesn't matter if they hack it.
Ted talk on the subject

It's not perfect... But it would be really easy for a recount. They can't change votes without people knowing about it. AND other countries can cross check it.

I don't think I'd agree Trump supporters are the majority. I think most of America actually falls in neither camp, but is rather of the "lesser of two evils" category.
I agree. Do you think Hillary is more evil than Biden? It was already decided that Trump was less evil than Hillary. I don't understand how anyone can logically think Biden can beat Trump.

Hell, Tulsi is out of the picture.. I don't have another option... Even the Libertarians aren't making any waves. I mean there isn't anything in Biden's platform that would entice them.
"The foundation of the country is one person, one vote."

WTF? The country was founded on only white, male, property owners could vote.
And we've grown. Even your ex-wife can vote now. That must really suck for you.
Ex-wife?? She's still my current wife.
thumbsup.gif

You programmed NPC! Without email and the news, you wouldn't know what to think!

1truwv646rt11.png

Last edited:
You programmed NPC! Without email and the news, you wouldn't know what to think!
Even if that were true, I would still have a range of options. Your dumbass listens to Trump and only Trump and it is so goddamn embarrassing.

We need the conservative message out

For the fourth time in 35 years a Republican fucked-up the economy.
Huh
Again; For the fourth time in 35 years a Republican fucked-up the economy. Are you an ignorant foreigner?
Huh

ITS ABOUT Time! Time
For free speech online!

So, Trump is going to forbid Twitter from calling him a liar, and that will guarantee "free speech", although not, of course, for Twitter. But, never mind. What he is claiming that he will do is blatantly unconstitutional anyway. It is just another of Trump's wet dreams.
No they will allow trump to speak and let the people decide, Milo will come back, Gavin McGinnis, etc... I cant wait to hear freedom
Again

You “hear freedom”. On Twitter - a print medium. You think “freedom” is the right to make false accusations, lies, smears, and dangerously wrong information about the corona virus.

I believe true freedom, would be that everyone be required to tell the truth in the public spaces. The freedom from fact checking the 16,000 times Trump has lied would be the ultimate freedom.
It’s already proven fact checking is just biased bullshit.
Federal law protects Twitter, AND its users to say what they want.

Federal law doesn’t allow either to say “what they want“. “Freedom of speech” in the first amendment, prevents the government from prosecuting you for criticizing the government. That is the only speech that is protected.

If you tell lies about your neighbours, they can sue you for slander, so you are not free to lie about your neighbours.

If you lie to the FBI, you will go to jail. No freedom of speech there.

If you yell fire in a crowded theatre and there is no fire, you will go to jail. No free speech there.

Twitter is a private company. You agree to their terms of use, when you signed up for the service. Trump can’t shit them down, nor can he force them to let him lie without consequences.

Trump can like it or leave.
I said within guidelines, your point is moot. The draft EO says they are to follow their TOS and not censor anyone who doesn’t violate them. Why is that such a horrible thing for you Leftards?

Twitter played right into Trumps hands. The law that protects Twitter to do as they please (obscenity etc excluded) equally protects its users to say as they wish.
Do you even realize Impeached Trump's executive order impacts this website as it will Twitter?
Oh? That would be great but since you’re pulling your statement out of your ass I’ll hold my golf clap until it’s made public.
Imbecile, the contents of the EO have already been reviewed and reported on by the media? Are you too drunk to notice?

And this platform is the same as Twitter. Whatever effects his EO has on Twitter, will have the same effects here on USMB. If liablous commentary on social media can be grounds for a lawsuit, then USMB will be exposed to lawsuits they were once protected from by federal law.

If Impeached Trump's intent is to shutdown Twitter with a flood of lawsuits, USMB won't be far behind. Then where will you go for your daily fix?
That’s great news. I will enjoy suing USMB should they attempt to censor my posts that don’t violate TOS and its some Leftard Moderator controlling debate.

Twitter played right into Trumps hands. The law that protects Twitter to do as they please (obscenity etc excluded) equally protects its users to say as they wish.
Do you even realize Impeached Trump's executive order impacts this website as it will Twitter?
Oh? That would be great but since you’re pulling your statement out of your ass I’ll hold my golf clap until it’s made public.
Imbecile, the contents of the EO have already been reviewed and reported on by the media? Are you too drunk to notice?

And this platform is the same as Twitter. Whatever effects his EO has on Twitter, will have the same effects here on USMB. If liablous commentary on social media can be grounds for a lawsuit, then USMB will be exposed to lawsuits they were once protected from by federal law.

If Impeached Trump's intent is to shutdown Twitter with a flood of lawsuits, USMB won't be far behind. Then where will you go for your daily fix?
Just have commons sense rules,, post what you want just don’t plan a terrorist bombing, regulate shit like that.. if trump says something, people can research if it’s true or not.. we don’t need democrats linking left wing deranged web sites saying trump is wrong

Just have commons sense rules,, post what you want just don’t plan a terrorist bombing, regulate shit like that.. if trump says something, people can research if it’s true or not.. we don’t need democrats linking left wing deranged web sites saying trump is wrong
LOLOL

Slobbers the Russian bot who was cheering about it before knowing what's in it. That shows you were going to agree with it no matter what Impeached Trumo put in it.

If Twitter wants to do that...then they should apply it equally towards both sides.......they don't.
Why? Are conservatives just too stupid to develop their own social media websites?
That suggests that Twitter is a liberal media website. True?
I don't know if it is or isn't as I see plenty of content from the right; but rightwingnuts cry that it is. So other than a lack of intelligence, what reason is there that conservatives don't build their own social media platforms and stop whining about Twitter and Facebook?
They... Kind of have. They just don't seem to want to use them... Minds... for example, but... It's not FOR conservatives... It's just for free speech. Or... Is that conservative now?

CNN and Washington Compost are not fact checkers and the referenced articles in the attached links were to opinion articles. Opinions aren't facts for fucks sake. And there's countless examples of mail in voter fraud. Trump stated an opinion and did not cite facts so twitter has no standing whatsoever. Damn, you go with any stupid shit you're told by the echo chamber.

Countless examples of voter mail fraud? You must have been too much in a hurry to post a link on that. BTW, Down here in Arizona, we have been voting by mail for decades, with no voter fraud.
With no found voter fraud. Which doesn't mean it exists... Not to be a dick... But.. It's Arizona.

Edit: Full disclosure... I'm from Iowa, they wouldn't care about my state doing it either for the most part.

So, voter fraud exists, even if none is ever found?
Um... Did you not read my post? It's... Right up there.. You quoted it.

You do understand that "doesn't" is a contraction word. It means the same as "does not"

But not found is not the same as doesn't exist. It doesn't mean that it does exist. Only that it's not found.

Don't get me wrong... I think you are an idiot if you think it doesn't exist. That's absolutely true. Here... One second.

Edit: The Heritage Foundation
That's just the first one on the first page. You can do more if you like.
Wow, 20 whole cases spanning 3 election cycles covering some 350 million votes. That's a real problem, huh?
You said none... I said think you are an idiot if you think it's none. I just grabbed the first link to the first site listed.. I don't even know if it's updated anymore...

LOLOL

Slobbers the Russian bot who was cheering about it before knowing what's in it. That shows you were going to agree with it no matter what Impeached Trumo put in it.
Hey as long as Milo comes back daddy is happy

LOLOL

Calling people Russian bots, you should be censored.

LOLOL

Calling people Russian bots, you should be censored.
iu

Forum List

Back