Trump tells Lester Holt: Don’t fact-check debates

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
"Donald Trump says NBC's Lester Holt should not correct his or Hillary Clinton's facts while moderating the first presidential debate.
"I think he has to be a moderator," Trump said on "Fox & Friends" Thursday.
"I mean, if you're debating somebody and if she makes a mistake or I make a mistake ... we'll take each other on," he added. "But I certainly don't think you want Candy Crowley again."
Crowley interjected during an October 2012 debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney, after Romney said it took Obama two weeks to refer to the Benghazi, Libya, attacks as terrorism.
"He did call it an act of terror," Crowley told Romney, though she added that he was "correct" that it took that long for the White House to acknowledge the attack was not related to an anti-Islamic video.
Trump on Thursday ripped Crowley's handling of the incident, urging Holt not to follow suit.
"She turned out to be wrong," he said. "I really don't think you want that. That was a very pivotal moment in that debate. And it really threw the debate off and it was unfair. No, I think you have to have somebody that's just - let them argue it out.""

===========================================================================
Now that is a classic. It doesn't surprise me one bit. A proven pathological liar, doesn't want to be fact checked during a debate. Trump won the "Liar of the Year" award primarily for his huge amount of falsehoods in the GOP debates.
2015 Lie of the Year: Donald Trump's campaign misstatements
Donald Trump's file
And doesn't Hillary Clinton also have an honesty problem?
I for one, would love to have both candidate, fact check throughout all three debates.
It's fair to the candidates and even more important, it would be great for the American voters. It would also a nice break from all the negative and typically false advertisements that dumb down voters.
WHO'S WITH ME?

It's not the moderator's job to fact check during the debate. Some of the moderator's would not know a fact if it bit them in the ass.

"Donald Trump says NBC's Lester Holt should not correct his or Hillary Clinton's facts while moderating the first presidential debate.
"I mean, if you're debating somebody and if she makes a mistake or I make a mistake ... we'll take each other on," he added. "But I certainly don't think you want Candy Crowley again."
Crowley interjected during an October 2012 debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney, after Romney said it took Obama two weeks to refer to the Benghazi, Libya, attacks as terrorism.
"He did call it an act of terror," Crowley told Romney, though she added that he was "correct" that it took that long for the White House to acknowledge the attack was not related to an anti-Islamic video.
Trump on Thursday ripped Crowley's handling of the incident, urging Holt not to follow suit.
"She turned out to be wrong," he said. "I really don't think you want that. That was a very pivotal moment in that debate. And it really threw the debate off and it was unfair. No, I think you have to have somebody that's just - let them argue it out.""

Now that is a classic. It doesn't surprise me one bit. A proven pathological liar, doesn't want to be fact checked during a debate. Trump won the "Liar of the Year" award primarily for his huge amount of falsehoods in the GOP debates.
Donald Trump's file
I for one, would love to have both candidate, fact check throughout all three debates.
It's fair to the candidates and even more important, it would be great for the American voters. It would also a nice break from all the negative and typically false advertisements that dumb down voters.
WHO'S WITH ME?

...So says a Candy Crowley fan: Heads I win, tails you lose. Moderators are not participants, and should not interject their personal opinions or beliefs. Unless your are a left wing fascist who wants to control discussion and muzzle the opposition.

P.S. Would you like the moderators recite each of Hillary's deleted emails and ask why her facilitators are taking the 5th?

Last edited:

Donald Trump's file
WHO'S WITH ME?

...So says a Candy Crowley fan: Heads I win, tails you lose. Moderators are not participants, and should not interject their personal opinions or beliefs. Unless your are a left wing fascist who wants to control discussion and muzzle the opposition.

if a moderator know that an obvious lie has been said, then he or she should call the candidate out on it. period. if they can't do that, then they should at the very least ask follow up questions 9which they do already) & have the candidate 'expand' on the lie, so they can dig an even deeper hole.

It's not the moderator's job to fact check during the debate. Some of the moderator's would not know a fact if it bit them in the ass.

Yeah, we don't need no facts in america, we run on emotional diarrhea.

Donald Trump's file
WHO'S WITH ME?

P.S. Would you like the moderators recite each of Hillary's deleted emails and ask why her facilitators are taking the 5th?

Yes, please.

Donald Trump's file
WHO'S WITH ME?

When you revert to partisanshithead crap like "left wing fascist", you clearly have no desire for an open discussion.

Looks like Trump is getting ready to tell some Whoppers

Of course it is a moderators job not to accept a response with an obvious mistruth to it and to demand an accurate answer

Looks like Trump is getting ready to tell some Whoppers

Of course it is a moderators job not to accept a response with an obvious mistruth to it and to demand an accurate answer
Well that will be the end of a debate--Trump and the moderator will be going back and forth all night.

Anyone who believes the media is able to handle "facts" is delusional.
Having a moderator to do the fact-check is akin to appointing a thief as a treasurer.

if a moderator know that an obvious lie has been said, then he or she should call the candidate out on it. period. if they can't do that, then they should at the very least ask follow up questions 9which they do already) & have the candidate 'expand' on the lie, so they can dig an even deeper hole.

Followup questions are appropriate for clarification, but moderators should not contradict a candidate with their own opinions or beliefs, which may themselves be factually inaccurate. Did you see the recent episode of Jeopardy! where the guest MSM talking heads couldn't answer simple questions about politics and government? Candy Crowley isn't the only self-assured idiot "journalist" out there.

Donald Trump's file
WHO'S WITH ME?

He doesn't want the "moderator" lying on behalf of the democrat?

You must be OUTRAGED, OUTRAGED I TELLS YA.

Donald Trump's file
WHO'S WITH ME?

If there is an obvious lie, then the other candidate should be the one to point it out. Then let the American people, most of which know how to google, decide.

Patrick Moynihan said it best........You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts

Moderators need to stay on top of the debate and not allow obvious distortions to go unchallenged

Anyone who believes the media is able to handle "facts" is delusional.
Having a moderator to do the fact-check is akin to appointing a thief as a treasurer.

Then have no debates at all, it's only pageantry anyway, like the entire election process.

It's odd that Trump was able to find Twitter, but he's unfamiliar with Google. :dunno:

Followup questions are appropriate for clarification, but moderators should not contradict a candidate with their own opinions or beliefs, which may themselves be factually inaccurate. Did you see the recent episode of Jeopardy! where the guest MSM talking heads couldn't answer simple questions about politics and government? Candy Crowley isn't the only self-assured idiot "journalist" out there.

The moderator asks a question and listens to the response

Unacceptable responses get a follow-up question. Responses that avoid the question or contain distortions or outright lies deserve a follow-up

Libs are pissed off at Jimmy Fallon for "humanizing" Trump by tousling Trump's hair on his talk show.

Jimmy is an entertainer. To burden him with injecting himself into politics is focking stupid.

Just based on the numbers, a large portion of his audience are Trump supporters, it would not be smart to alienate a large part of his audience.

Forum List

Back