Trump tells court he had no duty to 'support' the Constitution as president

Former President Donald Trump is arguing to a judge in Colorado that he was not required to "support" the Constitution as president, reported Brandi Buchman from Law & Crime.

The argument came as he seeks to dismiss a lawsuit filed in the state by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), seeking to have him disqualified from the ballot in the state under the 14th Amendment. The Insurrection Clause of the amendment prohibits those who have "engaged in insurrection" against the United States from holding a civil, military, or elected office without unless a two-thirds majority of the House and Senate approve.

But Trump's lawyers are arguing that the specific language of the Constitution argues that this requirement only applies to people in offices who are bound to "support" the Constitution — and the presidency is not one of those offices.

This is totally bizarre! If the President of the United States isn't required to support the Constitution - then who is? What do you think?
The President is to Protect and Defend the Constitution. They have a good point.

Any lie to stop Trump.

Russia collusion.
Stormy daniels
Hunters laptop is a fake
GLOBAL WARMING...for the love of God GLOBAL WARMING.
Top secret documents
Trump falsified the value of mara lago to get a loan

When will they ever learn?..when willllll they eeeeever learn?
How stupid are you ? Listing global warming belief as a reason to be stupid. In the real world of non buffoons, the opposite is true.

With his hand on the Bible, Trump swore the following oath:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

I think Trump may have a case. He says ; “ to the best of my ability”. He’s right. He had no ability whatsoever to do the job. He could argue that because he’s so incompetent, stupid and ill prepared, he is absolved from all responsibility in “protecting, preserving and defending” anything. . Agree ?

I think Trump may have a case. He says ; “ to the best of my ability”. He’s right. He had no ability whatsoever to do the job. He could argue that because he’s so incompetent, stupid and ill prepared, he is absolved from all responsibility in “protecting, preserving and defending” anything. . Agree ?
This oath has no legal force, dumbass.

This oath has no legal force, dumbass.
So much for your military experience…..the commander in chief takes a fking oath as do other govt officials, service men and women to defend the constitution dufus.

So much for your military experience…..the commander in chief takes a fking oath as do other govt officials, service men and women to defend the constitution dufus.
You didn't prove it has legal force, moron.

Former President Donald Trump is arguing to a judge in Colorado that he was not required to "support" the Constitution as president, reported Brandi Buchman from Law & Crime.

The argument came as he seeks to dismiss a lawsuit filed in the state by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), seeking to have him disqualified from the ballot in the state under the 14th Amendment. The Insurrection Clause of the amendment prohibits those who have "engaged in insurrection" against the United States from holding a civil, military, or elected office without unless a two-thirds majority of the House and Senate approve.

But Trump's lawyers are arguing that the specific language of the Constitution argues that this requirement only applies to people in offices who are bound to "support" the Constitution — and the presidency is not one of those offices.

This is totally bizarre! If the President of the United States isn't required to support the Constitution - then who is? What do you think?
More leftist bullshit.

We are talking about the law, nimrod. Complying with an oath is purely voluntary.
Hey humper. It’s not voluntary. You can’t serve in the gov. in positions where one is required unless you take the oath. The president YOU RETARD like a witness in court, puts his hand in a Bible and swears to SERVE. Typically, as long as Trump says it’s unnecessary to support the constitution, you buffoon go right along and hump his leg.

Hey humper. It’s not voluntary. You can’t serve in the gov. in positions where one is required unless you take the oath. The president YOU RETARD like a witness in court, puts his hand in a Bible and swears to SERVE. Typically, as long as Trump says it’s unnecessary to support the constitution, you buffoon go right along and hump his leg.
Show us the law that forces compliance with the oath.

Forum List

Back