Trump Taxing Americans to Death Continues

LOL, always with the dishonesty. I replied to a reply that went and I quote "Yet when dems call for higher taxes .......".

Now if you wish to be more specific, be more specific. Not that you can be specific with your made up vast generalizations.

Sorry for assuming you were smart enough to figure out what I was referring to.
Why anyone would think personal income tax would affect the price of goods and services is beyond me.....but than there are some stupid MFers out there.

If you are offering up a vast generalization and someone replies to your vast generalization and then you have to say "well, you should have known I mean .................." whose fault is that?

If you have a point make it. Most can not without using vast generalizations.

So you think personal income taxes affect the price of goods?
You're a special kind of stupid.

That was your argument, not mine.

Where did I say that?

I already explained.

Putting more people out of work. When does the next bail out start?
You can bet it won't be for the American consumer. Trump and his minions are so stupid, they actually think China is the one paying these taxes. WRONG!!!!!! Bigly!!!
I'm an American consumer. I understand that if we have less china shit more American companies will step up and replace the china shit Thereby putting more Americans to work.
ain't it great?

That isn't what is happening. Thailand, Pakistan, Indonesia, is replacing it.
\so you say just like Trump is taxing me to death lol pathetic pos liars you leftist are.

Watch. Imports will continue to rise.
and yet I am paying less taxes which was the topic of this thread
SO STOP LYING

Sorry for assuming you were smart enough to figure out what I was referring to.
Why anyone would think personal income tax would affect the price of goods and services is beyond me.....but than there are some stupid MFers out there.

If you are offering up a vast generalization and someone replies to your vast generalization and then you have to say "well, you should have known I mean .................." whose fault is that?

Where did I say that?

I already explained.

No...you assumed.

You can bet it won't be for the American consumer. Trump and his minions are so stupid, they actually think China is the one paying these taxes. WRONG!!!!!! Bigly!!!
I'm an American consumer. I understand that if we have less china shit more American companies will step up and replace the china shit Thereby putting more Americans to work.
ain't it great?

That isn't what is happening. Thailand, Pakistan, Indonesia, is replacing it.
\so you say just like Trump is taxing me to death lol pathetic pos liars you leftist are.

Watch. Imports will continue to rise.
and yet I am paying less taxes which was the topic of this thread
SO STOP LYING

Sorry, what exactly (please be specific) did I lie about? What did I say that was wrong?

Also, the thread is not about you.

Where did I say that?

I already explained.

No...you assumed.

Yes, that is what one has to do when another argues vast generalizations. Nothing I said was wrong. If you have an argument, make it.

Where did I say that?

I already explained.

No...you assumed.

Yes, that is what one has to do when another argues vast generalizations. Nothing I said was wrong. If you have an argument, make it.

Who in their right mind thinks personal income taxes affects the price of products?

Where did I say that?

I already explained.

No...you assumed.

Who in their right mind thinks personal income taxes affects the price of products?

If that had been the argument, I would not have replied. It was not.

Where did I say that?

I already explained.

No...you assumed.

If that had been the argument, I would not have replied. It was not.

Well yeah it was.

Raising certain taxes (now we do have to be specific what kind of taxes we are talking about) and enacting tariffs do the very same thing. You can say tariffs are not taxes and in the end it's really arguing with your shadow. They both do the same thing when applied to a product.

Raise the sales tax 2% and prices go up. Enact a tariff and the prices go up. Arguing they are not the same thing is really a waste as they do the same thing.
That's disingenuous blather. One of these things, a tax or a rising consumer cost due to tariff, is not required by law to be paid by the taxpayer.
Which one do you think it is?

If the price of certain watches at WalMart goes up because of tariffs I don't have to
buy one of those watches, if I don't want to.
I don't have those options when it comes to a tax.

But of course you already know all this but persist in telling lies.
Why do you do that?

Raising certain taxes (now we do have to be specific what kind of taxes we are talking about) and enacting tariffs do the very same thing. You can say tariffs are not taxes and in the end it's really arguing with your shadow. They both do the same thing when applied to a product.

Raise the sales tax 2% and prices go up. Enact a tariff and the prices go up. Arguing they are not the same thing is really a waste as they do the same thing.
That's disingenuous blather. One of these things, a tax or a tariff, is not required by law to be paid by the taxpayer.
Which one do you think it is?

My argument is both raise prices. You can also quit your job and avoid paying the tax.

If the price of certain watches at WalMart goes up because of tariffs I don't have to
buy one of those watches, if I don't want to.
I don't have those options when it comes to a tax.

But of course you already know all this but persist in telling lies.
Why do you do that?

I never argued you had to buy a watch. I argued both raise prices. You arguing that you are now not going to buy the watch will only cause people to lose their jobs I suppose.

My argument is both raise prices. You can also quit your job and avoid paying the tax.
I know you are saying both raise prices. So in that one specific and exact regard taxes and tariffs are the same.
But of course that's not all there is to the issue. So when some shitbag starts a thread saying Trump is raising taxes
that is a big blatant lie and an offense to thinking people. It sounds like you support the OP. That's on you.

I never argued you had to buy a watch. I argued both raise prices. You arguing that you are now not going to buy the watch will only cause people to lose their jobs I suppose.
You know what else causes people to lose their jobs? When China sponsors their watch makers so prices can be kept artificially low and when they make cheap knock offs of higher priced non Chinese brands.
I wonder how much money Rolex loses to Chinese rip off watches?

Also when they close their markets to foreign goods. That causes businesses here to go under and people lose their jobs. I don't hear any whining about that however.

Trump is looking for reciprocity from China. If Obama did this, not that he ever did or seemed to care, I doubt people
would be snapping at the Great Man's ankles over the issue. It's not what Trump does so much as he is the one doing a thing that can be disingenuously attacked as a tax and political capital can be gained no matter how insincerely.

I know you are saying both raise prices. So in that one specific and exact regard taxes and tariffs are the same.
But of course that's not all there is to the issue. So when some shitbag starts a thread saying Trump is raising taxes
that is a big blatant lie and an offense to thinking people. It sounds like you support the OP. That's on you.

Of course that is not all there is to an issue. I appreciate the way you replied and I would hope we could keep it this way.

Did Trump raise taxes? No. Did his actions do the very same thing to a large number of people? Yes. His actions raised the cost of living for many. Now to argue you are not going to buy a watch is irrelevant (you as in the big picture argument) as none of this is about any specific individual. It's about how it affect the country.

Is it really important if you call something a tax or a tariff when they do the same thing?

You know what else causes people to lose their jobs? When China sponsors their watch makers so prices can be kept artificially low and when they make cheap knock offs of higher priced non Chinese brands.
I wonder how much money Rolex loses to Chinese rip off watches?

Rolex loses nothing as the person shopping for a $5000 watch is not going to say "hey, here is one for $25". But while not a good example this is true. A Chinese $30 knock off of a $50 item can have an affect.

Here is the problem. A company making the $50 item makes it in China. They agree to all sorts of things to move production to China. China gets all the technology to undercut that business. That business doesn't initially care because we only think short term. After awhile the company that screwed American workers to move production to China now wants America to stand up and protect it.

Screw that.

Also when they close their markets to foreign goods. That causes businesses here to go under and people lose their jobs. I don't hear any whining about that however.

Trump is looking for reciprocity from China. If Obama did this, not that he ever did or seemed to care, I doubt people
would be snapping at the Great Man's ankles over the issue. It's not what Trump does so much as he is the one doing a thing that can be disingenuously attacked as a tax and political capital can be gained no matter how insincerely.

Would many be hypocrites here? Absolutely. If Obama had the farmers howling about how they are being harmed and he took from the taxpayers to bail them out, the right would also be complaining endlessly.

Last edited:
Trump announces new 10% tariff on another $300B worth of Chinese goods

I'm going to say this again: Trump is taxing Americans to death. I hope Americans and Trump supporters realize that tariff is just another word for TAX, paid by Americans collected by their government. Since the Chinese Tariffs Trump is forcing on American importers who will pass the cost down to American consumers as higher prices affects 70 PERCENT OF ALL CONSUMER GOODS then household expenses are going to skyrocket. With over 40 million Americans already living in poverty (more than the entire population of Canada) I see a disaster in the making. Trump doesn't care though.

Don't shop at Walmart.... Don't you guys hate the smell there anyway?

Jo
So, you think only Walmart sells goods made in China?

Everyone acknowledged that China was taking advantage of trade with the U.S. for decades but nobody wanted to do anything about it. Now that President Trump has shown the willingness to get a better deal the angry left has become a willing agent of Chinese (and Russian?) propaganda designed to undermine Trump's efforts. Deranged lefties hate the President so much that they will do anything and engage in propaganda to try to undermine the administration and damn the Country.

Starting a trade war was not the answer.

Trump knows nothing about international trade & was so stupid as to be surprised when we were hit with retaliatory tariffs.

He is hurting farmers. He is hurting US manufacturers, Trucking companies hurting because lower export business. Deficits climbing, trade deficit climbing. Tariffs are hurting other countries economies & they buy less US products.

Tariffs are not working & he is too stupid to know it. And evidently, so are you.

Trump is av liar, fraud, business cheat, amoral piece of shit. That is why most people donlt like him.

I guess those are traits you favor.

I'm going to say this again: Trump is taxing Americans to death. I hope Americans and Trump supporters realize that tariff is just another word for TAX, paid by Americans collected by their government. Since the Chinese Tariffs Trump is forcing on American importers who will pass the cost down to American consumers as higher prices affects 70 PERCENT OF ALL CONSUMER GOODS then household expenses are going to skyrocket. With over 40 million Americans already living in poverty (more than the entire population of Canada) I see a disaster in the making. Trump doesn't care though.
30 billion? That ought to cause pause to the American public.

:whatsign: Well, we can fix that little problem, Neil. Buy American! :texflag::texflag::texflag:

Of course that is not all there is to an issue. I appreciate the way you replied and I would hope we could keep it this way.

Did Trump raise taxes? No. Did his actions do the very same thing to a large number of people? Yes. His actions raised the cost of living for many. Now to argue you are not going to buy a watch is irrelevant (you as in the big picture argument) as none of this is about any specific individual. It's about how it affect the country.

Is it really important if you call something a tax or a tariff when they do the same thing?
Yes. Of course it's important. Is it important to distinguish between a suicide and a murder? The end result is all the same.

Rolex loses nothing as the person shopping for a $5000 watch is not going to say "hey, here is one for $25".
True but what is Rolex losing when a Chinese knock off Rolex is selling for $3,999 ? And undiscerning people are snapping up that bargain.

But while not a good example this is true. A Chinese $30 knock off of a $50 item can have an affect.

Here is the problem. A company making the $50 item makes it in China. They agree to all sorts of things to move production to China. China gets all the technology to undercut that business. That business doesn't initially care because we only think short term. After awhile the company that screwed American workers to move production to China now wants America to stand up and protect it.

Screw that.
Also a good point. But this issue is much larger than the fate of a company that skipped out
so they could make a larger profit. China has been getting away with murder. You admit China pirates American technology and other business practices and atrocities. But China has it's eyes on bigger prizes.

US Officials: China Tops List of Security Threats

A get tough with China policy is good not only for business (despite wailing about paying more for sandals at Wal Mart) but it presents a stark message to Bejing that the days of Nixon, Clinton, Bush, Obama are over.
China is our frenemy and more enemy than friend right now. They will be the number one global threat for the foreseeable future.
And I think the Chinese admire strength and despise weaklings. This business of tariffs are good in principle
and good that China realizes we are not going to roll over and bare our throats in a gesture of submission
any longer.

Forum List

Back