Trump said the economy would "snap back" in a big way months ago. The left roundly mocked him for that optimistic outlook.

It went where all money goes.
So what? They shouldn't have bailed out the little people? Or should they have just given them some kind of new money that can't be spent?

Do you have a point or are you just spinning your wheels?
You missed his point. That not only were the big guys bailed out, but instead of putting a moratorium on the little guys obligations, like rent, mortgage etc, they instead funneled federal money into their hands so they could continue to pay the big guys.
So you wanted the government to put a moratorium on rent, mortgage, etc? Just how would they do that?
Tell the private sector that they have to put a moratorium on rent, mortgage, etc? good grief :rolleyes-41:
Landlords and mortage companies are insured for such.
You pretending to know it all again?

So you wanted the government to put a moratorium on rent, mortgage, etc? Just how would they do that?
Tell the private sector that they have to put a moratorium on rent, mortgage, etc? good grief :rolleyes-41:
I'm sure they could come up with a tax credit for suspending the payments, and a deduction when the payments are made up for. They would only have to cover 20% of the loses to induce the private sector to participate.

Luckily none of my tenants were out of work with all this. But if they were, and didn't pay rent, I would be sunk.

I still have utilities to pay, still have house insurance to pay, still have water and sewer to pay, still have property tax to pay, still have to make mortgage payments, still have to do repairs to these units. And what would happen if a major expense come up like a roof or had to replace a sewer line?

Tax credit would do me no good, in fact it would boil down to virtually nothing.
Exactly!

I'm sure they could come up with a tax credit for suspending the payments, and a deduction when the payments are made up for. They would only have to cover 20% of the loses to induce the private sector to participate.
Not quite that easy for the private sector to play your game.
It would actually be a far better deal than they give to the hospitals that accept medicare. The government tells them they have to take emergency room patients (aka uninsured) irregardless of their ability to pay.

It turned hospitals into the primary healthcare provider for illegal aliens.
Oh brother, reality and you have never crossed paths I see.
It really doesn't work the way you think it works.

So what? They shouldn't have bailed out the little people? Or should they have just given them some kind of new money that can't be spent?

You missed his point. That not only were the big guys bailed out, but instead of putting a moratorium on the little guys obligations, like rent, mortgage etc, they instead funneled federal money into their hands so they could continue to pay the big guys.

We are not.
It's called "Fair Rental Income Protection" and is a available on a rider on your general liability.

We are not.
It's called "Fair Rental Income Protection" and is a available on a rider on your general liability.
Fair rental income protection is a type of coverage in a landlord insurance policy. It may help replace lost rent payments if the property you are renting out is temporarily uninhabitable after a covered claim.

Prove me wrong.

Prove me wrong.
I just did fool

Luckily none of my tenants were out of work with all this. But if they were, and didn't pay rent, I would be sunk.

I still have utilities to pay, still have house insurance to pay, still have water and sewer to pay, still have property tax to pay, still have to make mortgage payments, still have to do repairs to these units. And what would happen if a major expense come up like a roof or had to replace a sewer line?

Tax credit would do me no good, in fact it would boil down to virtually nothing.

Those are two of the expenses I suggested be suspended. The normal rule for a owner is that they represent no more than 30% of their income. Flipping that to the other side and that means if even half our tenants stopped paying rent, you would still be above water.

It would actually be a far better deal than they give to the hospitals that accept medicare. The government tells them they have to take emergency room patients (aka uninsured) irregardless of their ability to pay.

It turned hospitals into the primary healthcare provider for illegal aliens.
Oh brother, reality and you have never crossed paths I see.
It really doesn't work the way you think it works.
Educate me.

Prove me wrong.
I just did fool
No, the general insurance policy which the aforementioned is included.

Those are two of the expenses I suggested be suspended. The normal rule for a owner is that they represent no more than 30% of their income. Flipping that to the other side and that means if even half our tenants stopped paying rent, you would still be above water.

That all depends because expenses change every month. The past two months, I had two empty units. I had to paint (I only use Sherwin Williams which is expensive) several rooms in each, I had to pay the utilities while working on them, I had to pay my crooked city for their inspection fees, and of course I was not collecting rent. Like I said, I would be in real trouble if I didn't have the other renters paying their rent. Then the inspector found things he wanted rectified since new laws are added all the time.

We are not.

The insurance only covers things like empty units from fire or flooding. Outside of that, they have no pandemic clause.

The dow is also currently up a thousand points.

Yet again Trump looks to be the genius in the room.
The Dow was up when 40 million were unemployed. So the Dow is meaningless, except to investors.

I don't believe any jobs numbers coming out of this administration.
LOL...really, Synth? That's the best you've got? That you don't believe the numbers? Would you like compare how many times the Obama Administration's numbers ended up being adjusted after they were put out there in comparison to Trump's? Would you care to wager which way Obama's numbers were consistently skewed? Just think how much better those unemployment numbers would be if you liberals weren't in the midst of turning every major city into an economic wasteland!
Trump said unemployment was really north of 30% in the Fall of 2016. Obama's Dept. of Labor said 5%.

Who did you believe?
The Obama Administration was the one using "Jobs Created Or Saved" to hide how few jobs they created with the Obama Stimulus plan, Synth...one of the biggest con jobs in memory! Why anyone would put much trust in their numbers escapes me!

Haha, Trump looks like a genius?! That’s a good one. Of course the DOW is doing good. 5 trillion got injected into the economy. That doesn’t mean people on the ground aren’t hurting

Part of that injection of money were to the working people who lost their jobs because of the virus. In fact, between state unemployment and feds contribution, some were making more money sitting at home than they did working. The only people who are hurting are those making over 65K a year or those who didn't work to receive unemployment benefits.
Where did the stimulus money that went to the low income people go to... follow it for a few levels. It all ends up in the same hands

If you were low income and working, you got the same; state and federal unemployment. While most states base benefits on income, the fed contribution was 600 bucks a week regardless of your income. So those low income people also did much better not working than working.
Agreed, but you didn’t answer my question

Haha, Trump looks like a genius?! That’s a good one. Of course the DOW is doing good. 5 trillion got injected into the economy. That doesn’t mean people on the ground aren’t hurting

Part of that injection of money were to the working people who lost their jobs because of the virus. In fact, between state unemployment and feds contribution, some were making more money sitting at home than they did working. The only people who are hurting are those making over 65K a year or those who didn't work to receive unemployment benefits.
Where did the stimulus money that went to the low income people go to... follow it for a few levels. It all ends up in the same hands

Where does all money go?

If you were low income and working, you got the same; state and federal unemployment. While most states base benefits on income, the fed contribution was 600 bucks a week regardless of your income. So those low income people also did much better not working than working.

I'm sure much of it went back into the economy as intended. I can't speak on behalf of all poor people, but I'm sure they buy things too.

I'm sure much of it went back into the economy as intended. I can't speak on behalf of all poor people, but I'm sure they buy things too.
The economy? Who is that?

The economy? Who is that?

I really have no time to play semantics with you. Here is a list of where the money went:

Part A covers an expansion of unemployment benefits and federal business loans and authorizes $1,200 “recovery” checks to most Americans under a certain salary threshold.

Part B covers some $340 billion in coronavirus emergency supplemental appropriations, including some resources for agencies to implement “part A” of the massive stimulus package.

The Labor Department, for example, will receive an additional $15 million to implement new paid sick leave programs and expanded unemployment benefits.

The IRS will get at least $250 million more to respond to the costs of extending the tax filing season and to implement pieces of the stimulus bill itself. The agency’s employees will be responsible for processing recovery checks for the American public.

The IRS has the freedom to move these funds around among its taxpayer services, enforcement or operations support accounts.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development, Securities and Exchange Commission and Commodity Futures Trading Commission have the option to accept additional hiring flexibilities, if their agency heads determine they need to more quickly recruit new employees to respond to coronavirus loan or business needs as described in the stimulus.

The bill would also set up several layers of independent oversight for the rollout of more than $2 trillion in emergency spending.

First, the bill creates a new inspector general post inside the Treasury Department. The president would appoint and the Senate would confirm a Special Inspector General for Pandemic Recovery.

This IG would oversee a $500 billion Exchange Stabilization Fund. Oversight of this particular fund, which Treasury will use to provide some relief to the airline and other industries, was a sticking point for senators during legislative negotiations earlier this week.

The bill would also stand up a Pandemic Response Accountability Committee made up of agency inspectors general who would conduct audits and investigate claims of fraud, waste and abuse of coronavirus spending.

The bill would give the committee an $80 million budget, and would ensure IGs have access to documents and testimony from agency officials and private-sector recipients of funding. It would also require the committee to post its findings on Oversight.gov.

Members of the committee would include IGs from several agencies involved in coronavirus response.

Michael Horowitz, the Justice Department’s inspector general and chair of the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency, would consult with House and Senate leadership to name the executive director of the committee.

“I am very pleased that the bill includes important provisions to ensure that taxpayer dollars are used effectively and efficiently,” House Oversight and Reform Committee Chair Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) said in a statement Thursday.

The Government Accountability Office would receive an additional $20 million to audit agency coronavirus spending, and would receive authority to oversee and investigate private entities that receive funding.

GAO wouldn’t be the only legislative watchdog. The bill would also stand up a five-member Congressional Oversight Commission that would oversee spending from the Treasury Department and the Federal Reserve.

Forum List

Back