Trump said the economy would "snap back" in a big way months ago. The left roundly mocked him for that optimistic outlook.

The dow is also currently up a thousand points.

Yet again Trump looks to be the genius in the room.
The Dow was up when 40 million were unemployed. So the Dow is meaningless, except to investors.

I don't believe any jobs numbers coming out of this administration.

People in the know invest in the market when they see favorable conditions for growth. If they thought the numbers were fudged, they wouldn't be putting in their money right now.

Haha, Trump looks like a genius?! That’s a good one. Of course the DOW is doing good. 5 trillion got injected into the economy. That doesn’t mean people on the ground aren’t hurting

Part of that injection of money were to the working people who lost their jobs because of the virus. In fact, between state unemployment and feds contribution, some were making more money sitting at home than they did working. The only people who are hurting are those making over 65K a year or those who didn't work to receive unemployment benefits.
Where did the stimulus money that went to the low income people go to... follow it for a few levels. It all ends up in the same hands

Haha, Trump looks like a genius?! That’s a good one. Of course the DOW is doing good. 5 trillion got injected into the economy. That doesn’t mean people on the ground aren’t hurting

Part of that injection of money were to the working people who lost their jobs because of the virus. In fact, between state unemployment and feds contribution, some were making more money sitting at home than they did working. The only people who are hurting are those making over 65K a year or those who didn't work to receive unemployment benefits.
Where did the stimulus money that went to the low income people go to... follow it for a few levels. It all ends up in the same hands

If you were low income and working, you got the same; state and federal unemployment. While most states base benefits on income, the fed contribution was 600 bucks a week regardless of your income. So those low income people also did much better not working than working.

The Dow was up when 40 million were unemployed. So the Dow is meaningless, except to investors.

Of course you wouldn't, it's okay. TDS is a degenerative disease that starts in the mind.
Time will tell on the numbers with employment, but the disease is progressive, sick bastard.
They've lied about everything. All of a sudden they're going to tell a truth? Only the weak-minded fall for con men.

Of course you wouldn't, it's okay. TDS is a degenerative disease that starts in the mind.
Time will tell on the numbers with employment, but the disease is progressive, sick bastard.

You guys really have beat that TDS thing to death. Such little imagination.
All the while being sucked into the Donald cult....Glaze-eyed, with drool running down your chins as you nod your bobble-heads up and down at his every utterance.

I guess the patriots who threw the tea bales into Boston Harbor had KGDS (King George Derangement Syndrome), right?

I guess the Repubican senators who told Nixon he must resign had NDS (Nixon Derangement Syndrome), right?

Did the American soldiers who freed the French from Hitler have HDS?

A tinpot dictator can become dangerous when idiots like you become a cult.
Not only that, they just recycled it from Bush Derangement Syndrome. Because they're not very bright.

LOL...really, Synth? That's the best you've got? That you don't believe the numbers? Would you like compare how many times the Obama Administration's numbers ended up being adjusted after they were put out there in comparison to Trump's? Would you care to wager which way Obama's numbers were consistently skewed? Just think how much better those unemployment numbers would be if you liberals weren't in the midst of turning every major city into an economic wasteland!
Trump said unemployment was really north of 30% in the Fall of 2016. Obama's Dept. of Labor said 5%.

Who did you believe?

I mean he is doing it without new york or California's economy.
Such a dumbass.
4i6Ckte.gif

Stock Markets and Job Markets respond to policy. When COVID or another economy killer hits us under a Biden Presidency, don’t expect such a rapid gain that we have seen under Trump. At the behest of his handlers, Biden, like Obama, will use the pain to drag out economic misery and blame Republicans and Trump.

It went where all money goes.
So what? They shouldn't have bailed out the little people? Or should they have just given them some kind of new money that can't be spent?

Do you have a point or are you just spinning your wheels?

So what? They shouldn't have bailed out the little people? Or should they have just given them some kind of new money that can't be spent?

You missed his point. That not only were the big guys bailed out, but instead of putting a moratorium on the little guys obligations, like rent, mortgage etc, they instead funneled federal money into their hands so they could continue to pay the big guys.

You missed his point. That not only were the big guys bailed out, but instead of putting a moratorium on the little guys obligations, like rent, mortgage etc, they instead funneled federal money into their hands so they could continue to pay the big guys.
So you wanted the government to put a moratorium on rent, mortgage, etc? Just how would they do that?
Tell the private sector that they have to put a moratorium on rent, mortgage, etc? good grief :rolleyes-41:

So you wanted the government to put a moratorium on rent, mortgage, etc? Just how would they do that?
Tell the private sector that they have to put a moratorium on rent, mortgage, etc? good grief :rolleyes-41:
I'm sure they could come up with a tax credit for suspending the payments, and a deduction when the payments are made up for. They would only have to cover 20% of the loses to induce the private sector to participate.

I'm sure they could come up with a tax credit for suspending the payments, and a deduction when the payments are made up for. They would only have to cover 20% of the loses to induce the private sector to participate.
Not quite that easy for the private sector to play your game.

Let's really look at those jobs numbers, shall we? How many of them were listed as "employed but not working" ie laid off? How many people are. It counted because they aren't looking for work right now either because their state is still quarantined or because they are scared to go out? White unemployment went down, black and brown went up. There's also the revision game the tRump administration seems to play. Last month the first release had unemployment about where it is now and then it went up by more than a little. Wanna be these numbers are revised downwards after the market gets it's bump?

And the markets are completely disconnected from reality these days. The market going up despite from news is a sign the wealthy folks are so we insulated that tragedies here don't affect them there.

Not quite that easy for the private sector to play your game.
It would actually be a far better deal than they give to the hospitals that accept medicare. The government tells them they have to take emergency room patients (aka uninsured) irregardless of their ability to pay.

It turned hospitals into the primary healthcare provider for illegal aliens.

Landlords and mortage companies are insured for such.

Landlords and mortage companies are insured for such.

We are not.

Luckily none of my tenants were out of work with all this. But if they were, and didn't pay rent, I would be sunk.

I still have utilities to pay, still have house insurance to pay, still have water and sewer to pay, still have property tax to pay, still have to make mortgage payments, still have to do repairs to these units. And what would happen if a major expense come up like a roof or had to replace a sewer line?

Tax credit would do me no good, in fact it would boil down to virtually nothing.

Forum List

Back