trump LIES about saving Ford plant

Honey, your article is about the Ford Focus-not the Lincoln suv in which Bill Ford, the ceo, that Trump spoke to just a few days ago about and which was confirmed in email from Ford, a few days ago, by Bloomberg.
Give it up.
I did not lie.
Did you see that Bloomberg asked them, in email and they responded they were GLAD Trumps policies would make it possible to REMAIN in the US rather than move to Mexico.
Reuters article is not recent and is not about a phone call between Bill Ford and Donald Trump just a few days ago, nor is it about the Lincoln suv plant in Kentucky.
Because you want to believe reuters over Bloomberg and Fords own answer to whether Bill and Trump spoke and their decision is up to you, but the facts are there.
Do you really think that any company's executives discusses their concerns and possible solutions publicly, when they are a private entity and know their solution might effect alot of people negatively, as well as their business Before they have made their decision?
If so, then I will sell ya this wonderful oasis in the desert, for real cheap.
They announce after their decision.
And Ford was considering moving its Lincoln suv to Mexico. They will keep it here now, according to Bill Ford after a talk with Trump a few days ago, according to Bloomberg. Obviously they were considering it, even if outsiders were unaware, whether you like it or not-

Ford confirmed late Thursday it has told Trump its Lincoln SUV made at the Louisville assembly plant will stay in Kentucky.

“We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the U.S.,” the automaker said in an e-mailed statement.

Trump Says Ford Called to Say It's Keeping SUV Plant in Kentucky

You lie:

Earlier this week, Ford CEO Mark Fields said Trump's election has not changed the company's plans. Reuters reports:

" 'We're going forward with our plan to move production of the Ford Focus to Mexico, and importantly that's to make room for two very important products we'll be putting back into Michigan plants,' Fields said in an interview on the sidelines of the Los Angeles Auto Show. 'There will be no job impact whatsoever with this move.'

"Ford Chairman Bill Ford Jr. said last month he met with Trump. Ford has countered Trump's criticism, saying the company, founded by his great-grandfather, makes more cars and trucks in the United States than any other automaker.

"Fields said with U.S. gasoline prices so low, 'it's very difficult for us to be able to make money on a vehicle produced in the U.S.' in the small car segment. If Ford decided to build the Focus small car line in the United States, and had to raise the price, 'we wouldn't sell the vehicle.' "

Trump Takes Credit For Saving A U.S. Ford Plant That Wasn't Planning To Move

I believe the verbatim quote I posted in post 90.

You are so dense. I posted a direct quote from Ford that said they had already made the decision NOT to close any U.S. plants already before talking to Trump because of the difficulties of doing so because of their contracts with the Autoworkers Union. I've already posted the articles along with the releases from Ford.

Wrong. I just posted in your other thread. From a reputable source.

...and this leaves out the fact that Ford had already said it never planned to move the Kentucky Lincoln plant to Mexico. It was going to move a single line... but it was simply going to shift the workers from that line to a different line, thus NOT costing any jobs. None of their American plants were closing, and it wasn't even announced where the line was going to be moving to.

In a statement on Thursday night, following Trump's tweet, the company said it had told Trump it would cancel a plan to shift production of a single model — the MKC — from Kentucky to Mexico. The company last year indicated it would be moving MKC production out of Louisville, though it did not announce where it was going. At the time, union leaders said the shift would not cost any jobs in Kentucky, because Escape production would replace lost MKC production.

Trump just took credit for stopping Ford from moving a plant to Mexico. But it wasn’t planning to.

So Trump took credit for something... that he didn't do and inserted Mexico when he actually didn't know that was where the line was moving.

From that same article:

This isn't the first time Trump has misstated facts about a Ford move. In October 2015, he tweeted that the company had halted plans to build a factory in Mexico and would locate in Ohio instead, and he claimed credit for the decision. The company said he was wrong, and that it was continuing to build its plant in Mexico.

Trump appeared to be relying on information gleaned from an article posted on a website of a shop that sells business cards and door hangers.

Trump just took credit for stopping Ford from moving a plant to Mexico. But it wasn’t planning to.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

You're spinning. The plan was going to stay and make other products, but they were going to move small car production to Mexico. I oppose Trump forcing Ford to stay here. It's in fact why I refused to vote for him. But factually, he's right and you're a liar, he did get the plant to stay here. You're only referring to that the building wasn't going to Mexico. No kidding

Lol.

"PoliticsUSA" is about as left as there is in news.

Try something more credible. Oh wait, I forget who I'm asking.

Funny because I have never even heard of PoliticsUSA until now.

I'm quite familiar with them. Not trustworthy. An all left, all the time news source.

They're nobodies.

Precisely.

It doesn't matter what you think about them, the story is true. The Ford big truck plant is going to Ohio instead of Mexico, but the deal was struck long before Trump became President. There was already a thread about this.
the funny thing is that it took them five years to perhaps finally move?

Forum List

Back