Trump Indictment Would Probably Be Overturned on Appeal: Dershowitz

There is simply no case against Trump. Bragg knows it. He banked on hate propelling the case where is was never able to go.

There is simply no case against Trump. Bragg knows it. He banked on hate propelling the case where is was never able to go.

There is a case…

But the end result is at best, an admonition …..you shouldn’t have done that

A made-up charge that the NY Times says is a 'novel legal theory'.

Democrats turning America into a 🍌 republic. (A huge cadre of military-aged men decamped near our southern border recently).

If former President Donald Trump is indicted, he’ll probably be convicted but an appeal would likely lead to the conviction being thrown out, legal expert Alan Dershowitz said on March 18.​
“I don’t think there will be a motion to dismiss that succeeds. This is New York justice. In New York, of course you can indict a ham sandwich. But in New York, you can also convict a ham sandwich because the jury pool will be very much against Trump and the judges will be very much against Trump,” Dershowitz, professor emeritus at Harvard Law School, said during an appearance on Fox News.​
“So, if I were him, I would be worried today. He’ll probably ultimately win on appeal, but do judges today have the courage … to do something favorable to Trump in a city which overwhelmingly despises Trump? That’s what’s wrong with this justice system.”​
Trump is reportedly set to face an indictment for a payment made to Stormy Daniels, an adult actress who has made the contested claim that he had an affair with her. The payment was made by Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, and Trump reimbursed the lawyer. Trump has said the allegations were “debunked.”​
Dershowitz, who was part of Trump’s impeachment defense team in 2020, agreed. “There is no crime here,” he said.​

‘Used His Own Money’​

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said in a statement that most campaign finance violations involve spending other people’s money illegally or accepting money that you should not.​
“Trump did neither. He used his own money to resolve a private dispute, irrespective of any campaign. The impending indictment is based on an untested, tortured legal theory. This is an absurd abuse of the criminal process in our politics. It must be seen for the partisan pathetic ploy it is,” Gaetz, a Trump supporter, said.​
...​

Alan can be paid to say anything.

Democrats turning America into a 🍌 republic. (A huge cadre of military-aged men decamped near our southern border recently).

If former President Donald Trump is indicted, he’ll probably be convicted but an appeal would likely lead to the conviction being thrown out, legal expert Alan Dershowitz said on March 18.​
“I don’t think there will be a motion to dismiss that succeeds. This is New York justice. In New York, of course you can indict a ham sandwich. But in New York, you can also convict a ham sandwich because the jury pool will be very much against Trump and the judges will be very much against Trump,” Dershowitz, professor emeritus at Harvard Law School, said during an appearance on Fox News.​
“So, if I were him, I would be worried today. He’ll probably ultimately win on appeal, but do judges today have the courage … to do something favorable to Trump in a city which overwhelmingly despises Trump? That’s what’s wrong with this justice system.”​
Trump is reportedly set to face an indictment for a payment made to Stormy Daniels, an adult actress who has made the contested claim that he had an affair with her. The payment was made by Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, and Trump reimbursed the lawyer. Trump has said the allegations were “debunked.”​
Dershowitz, who was part of Trump’s impeachment defense team in 2020, agreed. “There is no crime here,” he said.​

‘Used His Own Money’​

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said in a statement that most campaign finance violations involve spending other people’s money illegally or accepting money that you should not.​
“Trump did neither. He used his own money to resolve a private dispute, irrespective of any campaign. The impending indictment is based on an untested, tortured legal theory. This is an absurd abuse of the criminal process in our politics. It must be seen for the partisan pathetic ploy it is,” Gaetz, a Trump supporter, said.​
...​

It will never go to court. Georgia and the DOJ will go first. Indictments coming...

‘Used His Own Money’​

...​

The number of elderly senile lawyers, who will say anything in service of Trump is indeed sad. But Dershowitz lost all credibility when he defended OJ.

Imagine that, Trumps plan to never go to jail is to keep being released to attend his next trial. Kind of a novel approach.

Well, the original plan to stay in office until he’s until he dies, and therefore be immune from prosecution, has failed utterly.

Plan B: announcing he’s running for office again, and then claim any arrest is interfering in an election, has also failed to protect him from prosecution.

Somethings gotta work to keep him out of jail. He’s an overweight, 76 year old with heart disease, and he’s a Covid survivor. How long is he really going to live? Trump is the master of delay in deflect in his legal matters so he might be able to drag this out until he’s too senile or too sick to continue.

Bear in mind that Trump’s father died of Alzheimer’s. There’s also a fairly substantial body of evidence emerging the covid accelerates Alzheimer’s, and that subsequent generations will develop the disease at an earlier age, if both parents carry the gene.

Crazy, paranoid with a loose grip on reality, and a 5th grade vocabulary, it appears that the dementia already has its hooks into Trump.

Last edited:
Somethings gotta work to keep him out of jail. He’s an overweight, 76 year old with heart disease, and he’s a Covid survivor.

Biden has repeatedly said, I do not have to beat the Almighty, I have to beat the Alternative.

In this case, Republicans warn about Biden being an 80 year old.
Their “alternative” is running a 76 year old

The number of elderly senile lawyers, who will say anything in service of Trump is indeed sad. But Dershowitz lost all credibility when he defended OJ.

How did he "defend" Trump? He voted against him every single election. He lost credibility because he's actually going by the law?

I would not play the game if I were Trump, come and get me would be my posture, make SS kill any fascist democrat who attempts to approach him, further Florida will not play the game either, they might well arrest or kill any NYC fascist democrats who enter state with intention of subduing the lawful president!

One other thing, its clear as a bell Biden is behind this, Biden and its utterly illicit administration, which includes the DOJ/FBI, that is the enemy of America, its time to treat them all as we would have Bin Laden, no safe harbor to a one of them, Americans outgun these fascists and their jackboots by hundreds to one, we are the armed forces, if they push I fully support going to a hot war upon them all!

Well, sure. Trump wants to overturn the election and suspend the US Constitution.

Why? OJ deserved to be defended as much as every other defendant, guilty or innocent. We do not have the authority to look at someone, and based on a few headlines in the press, say they do not deserve representation. Here's one that will chap your drawers, TRUMP! deserves the best defense he can buy, just as much as you would if you got in trouble.

Well, the original plan to stay in office until he’s until he dies, and therefore be immune from prosecution, has failed utterly.

Plan B: announcing he’s running for office again, and then claim any arrest is interfering in an election, has also failed to protect him from prosecution.

Somethings gotta work to keep him out of jail. He’s an overweight, 76 year old with heart disease, and he’s a Covid survivor. How long is he really going to live? Trump is the master of delay in deflect in his legal matters so he might be able to drag this out until he’s too senile or too sick to continue.

Bear in mind that Trump’s father died of Alzheimer’s. There’s also a fairly substantial body of evidence emerging the covid accelerates Alzheimer’s, and that subsequent generations will develop the disease at an earlier age, if both parents carry the gene.

Crazy, paranoid with a loose grip on reality, and a 5th grade vocabulary, it appears that the dementia already has its hooks into Trump.
That’s Trump ‘ s appeal to the lunatic fringe.

His entire family suffers from prenatal dementia. Seems like they were all born crazy.

Forum List

Back