Trump: "If we didn't test, we wouldn't have cases."

We are expanding testing and getting a lot of asymptomatic cases that would never have been recorded as COVD19 because they would not have sought medical help.
Asymptomatics can spread the disease.
It *can* but according to WHO it is very rare to happen.

I heard somewhere that many asymptomatics develop the disease a few days later.

Really, there is a lot we don't know.

Yes, SOME asymptomatic cases do develop the full symptoms later, but many do not.

Tests in LA show a much larger percentage of people had COVID19 than anyone realized because there was so much asymptomatic spread, which is rare but on a scale fifty times that of symptomatic cases does happen.

Not sure, but I think that is how we develop herd immunity.

Yes, SOME asymptomatic cases do develop the full symptoms later, but many do not.

Tests in LA show a much larger percentage of people had COVID19 than anyone realized because there was so much asymptomatic spread, which is rare but on a scale fifty times that of symptomatic cases does happen.

Not sure, but I think that is how we develop herd immunity.
I think that you probably get trace amounts even if you wear a mask and wash your hands, which can strengthen your immunity over time. All at once it may be too much.

But I'm not an expert or anything, just my opinion.

We're living in a time where the President's sycophants have to translate what he says into adult.
No, we're living in a time where the President's attackers insist on misquoting him and believing the most asinine interpretation of their misquotes that they can possibly devise.
Hey, there's one of them now.

Hey, coming from you, that means as little as everything else coming from you.

Testing is vital. If you test positive you have no business spreading it around. Time to stay home for a few weeks. That's not such an evil thing.
I think a lot of these cases are asymptomatic people who do not spread the disease, or they simply have the antibodies.

The real measure of success with regard to COVID is the deaths/million, not the simplistic case count which is heavily skewed by how much testing we do.

I think it's very significant that the media are never clear on whether the tests they're talking about are for active viruses or for antibodies. Also, we already know that the majority of positive tests are for people who are asymptomatic. And I've heard at least one report that "Covid-related hospitalizations" are including people who are actually going into the hospital for other things, such as elective surgeries which were postponed due to lockdowns, and then testing positive for asymptomatic Covid-19 while they're there.

Trump actually said that in Wisconsin. And he went on to say, "Because we test, we have cases."

This is absolute lunacy. It's the same as saying, "If we don't test people for cancer, no one will have cancer." This is wishful thinking on a stupefying scale. And people are dying because of it. You can't magically make Covid-19 disappear. You have to work at it. And that includes social distancing, wearing a mask in public, all that stuff that shouldn't be political but somehow has become political. Just look at the data and ask yourself: Why are many areas of the world reducing their infection rate, but in the U.S. it's going up?
We're living in a time where the President's sycophants have to translate what he says into adult.

I hope we learn from this time as a cautionary tale. We can't let ourselves be conned like this again.

No, we're living in a time where the President's attackers insist on misquoting him and believing the most asinine interpretation of their misquotes that they can possibly devise.

I hope you do learn from this time as a cautionary tale, because you really shouldn't let yourself be conned like that again.
How did I misquote Trump? I used his exact words, and just the other day in another context, he said (and again, I quote), "I don't kid." Should I not take him at his word? I realize that his word is pretty much worthless, but he still might accidentally tell the truth once in a while. Anyway, Trump doesn't have the wit to speak in metaphors or anything like that, and he sure as hell has NO sense of humor. So I have to assume that he meant what he said.
It doesn't matter. They don't like it when we quote him directly, using his exact words, even showing video of him saying it.

And, if they don't like something, it's fake news.

This is how bad it's gotten. This is a group psychosis. We've seen this before in world history, 80-90 years ago. We'll get past it.

Yes, how DARE we point out that your "direct quotes" are clipped and edited to destroy any context, so that you can attribute the most insane, extreme interpretation you can think of to it? How very silly of us to point out what a delusional, dishonest crowd of liars that makes you, instead of slurping down your bullshit with a spoon like the sheep you want us to be?

This is how bad it's gotten, this group psychosis of "We should be trusted, no matter HOW untrustworthy we are". We've seen this before in world history, every damned time an evil group of wanna-be dictators crops up. And we WILL get past it, and past you.

CNN's Brianna Keilar said it best: "I have a two-year-old son. If I hadn't taken a pregnancy test - I'd still have a two-year-old son."
Wow, the ignorance and inability of the herd to grasp meaning is unparalleled. Obviously, he wasn't saying that testing causes the disease or not testing prevents the disease. Good grief, you people are idiots if you believe that. It would appear that the derangement syndrome has its sufferers projecting their own stupidity onto the president. Maybe because they can't comprehend what he's saying, they have to insist he's saying something completely different from what he's actually saying.

I hope we learn from this time as a cautionary tale. We can't let ourselves be conned like this again.

No, it has to be translated from common sense to liberal-speak.
Common sense for an eight year old. Your level, evidently.

So you're telling us that the common sense of an 8-year-old is STILL out of your reach?

CNN's Brianna Keilar said it best: "I have a two-year-old son. If I hadn't taken a pregnancy test - I'd still have a two-year-old son."
Wow, the ignorance and inability of the herd to grasp meaning is unparalleled. Obviously, he wasn't saying that testing causes the disease or not testing prevents the disease. Good grief, you people are idiots if you believe that. It would appear that the derangement syndrome has its sufferers projecting their own stupidity onto the president. Maybe because they can't comprehend what he's saying, they have to insist he's saying something completely different from what he's actually saying.

I believe he even actually SAID the phrase "confirmed cases" at the beginning, and they just breezed right on past that.

The problem is not that Trump says stupid things, he basically doesnt.

The problem is that Dimocrats deliberately ignore the plain meaning of what he says and tries to spin it to look ridiculous.

View attachment 355289

Lol, clean your lungs out with some bleach and swallow a light bulb. Ewe will be fine!!!

"LOL" I think if you're really stupid enough to think that's what he said, then you should feel free to act on that stupidity.

He is right. That's why the more people who are tested the higher the case count gets.
One dimensional thinking... what about the rise in hospital cases?? is that because of testing as well?
My grandson works in a hospital. Everyone that comes in has wuflu. Everyone. Break a leg and the record is broken tibia and wuflu as a contributing factor.
Ohh ok so the case numbers are high because Trump is doing more testing and the hospitalizations are high because all the hospitals are lying about the cases. Got it. I’m sure the same is true for deaths right? Guy dies in a car accident and they are marking COVID? Is this how the brainwashed are thinking now a days?

This is exactly 100% how the tRumptards are thinking. No bullshit, have heard it from several conservative friends and all I can do is bust out laughing when they come with this drivel.

I'm guessing that any friends of yours are far less a representation of conservatives in general, and far more a representation of the inferior sort of person you are in general.

He never said that. That's the angry emotional left's interpretation of the fact that testing positive without being sick causes a statistical spike (which lefties love) but does not indicate actual infections or hospitalization.

Trump actually said that in Wisconsin. And he went on to say, "Because we test, we have cases."

This is absolute lunacy. It's the same as saying, "If we don't test people for cancer, no one will have cancer." This is wishful thinking on a stupefying scale. And people are dying because of it. You can't magically make Covid-19 disappear. You have to work at it. And that includes social distancing, wearing a mask in public, all that stuff that shouldn't be political but somehow has become political. Just look at the data and ask yourself: Why are many areas of the world reducing their infection rate, but in the U.S. it's going up?

Yes. Many have already decided this '*leader' sucks out loud. We've been warning about the consequences of this stupid vote for a long time. Do we need to provide illustrations?

I believe he even actually SAID the phrase "confirmed cases" at the beginning, and they just breezed right on past that.
It simply doesn't matter what he actually says any more. If one of the hate merchants says he said something, that's all they need. They don't bother to find out what he actually said or meant.

COVIDTesting.GIF

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/full-list-total-tests-for-covid-19

We are expanding testing and getting a lot of asymptomatic cases that would never have been recorded as COVD19 because they would not have sought medical help.
Asymptomatics can spread the disease.

On the other hand, I think there can also be too much testing, and people can get it from the hospital or people doing the testing. Sure you can disinfect and wash your hands or whatever, but it's not foolproof.

For example, I don't see any reason to test low risk people like elderly folks with no symptoms who only go out once a month to get groceries.

I do. Have you taken a gander at your local supermarket? Sure, everyone's wearing a mask, but half the customers and at least a third of the employees are wearing them wrong, and blowing out damned near as many germs as if they weren't wearing them at all.

Granted, the elderly people you hypothesize aren't running the risk very often, but if they only shop once a month, they're spending an awfully long time in that store while they're there.

It is a stupid statement but no one is dying because of it. That is an equally stupid statement

The problem is not that Trump says stupid things, he basically doesnt.

The problem is that Dimocrats deliberately ignore the plain meaning of what he says and tries to spin it to look ridiculous.

View attachment 355289

Lol, clean your lungs out with some bleach and swallow a light bulb. Ewe will be fine!!!

"LOL" I think if you're really stupid enough to think that's what he said, then you should feel free to act on that stupidity.

ROTFLMFAO, it is exactly what the stable genius said and waiting for you to go first.

He is right. That's why the more people who are tested the higher the case count gets.
One dimensional thinking... what about the rise in hospital cases?? is that because of testing as well?
My grandson works in a hospital. Everyone that comes in has wuflu. Everyone. Break a leg and the record is broken tibia and wuflu as a contributing factor.
Ohh ok so the case numbers are high because Trump is doing more testing and the hospitalizations are high because all the hospitals are lying about the cases. Got it. I’m sure the same is true for deaths right? Guy dies in a car accident and they are marking COVID? Is this how the brainwashed are thinking now a days?

This is exactly 100% how the tRumptards are thinking. No bullshit, have heard it from several conservative friends and all I can do is bust out laughing when they come with this drivel.

I'm guessing that any friends of yours are far less a representation of conservatives in general, and far more a representation of the inferior sort of person you are in general.

From a turd like you, nah makes me know they maybe save able.

Forum List

Back