Trump ends Michelle Obama's effort to fight child hood obesity.

Thanks-Michelle-Obama-school-lunch.jpg
Michelle didn't create the meal and serve it....
She created the guidelines.

Liberals are still defending the indefensible.

So Mrs. Oblama cooked every meal and served it, what a bust lady..

I don't know about her tits, but it was her lunch program.

That was her "CAUSE".

school-lunches-5.jpg

And her pot kids never had to eat that. You should see the nutritional value of wthe whitehouse meals. The Bamma's were typical political elites. They see them selves as perfect and us as misguided plebs who need the guidance of half black jesus. Here we would call them pompous turds.

I walked to school, took a lunch from home, after school I was outside playing, mowing the lawn, bucking hay, feeding the farm animals, weeding the garden, picking strawberries, beans, cherries to make extra money.

The secret is I was always moving and doing something, I ate a lot of food because I was active. My parents wouldn't give us carbonated beverages very often, nor did we get a lot of candy. Great child life.

This adminstration just doesn't stop, nor does it care. Childhood obesity and Type 2 diabetes is skyrocketing in this country. Parents should teach their kids good healthy eating habits, but it should also be reinforced in our public schools.

WASHINGTON – After only six days on the job, Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue moved to stall one of former First Lady Michelle Obama’s signature accomplishments: stricter nutritional standards for school breakfasts and lunches, which feed more than 31 million children.

Speaking at Catoctin Elementary School in Leesburg, Virginia, on Monday with Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kansas, and Patricia Montague of the School Nutrition Association, Perdue announced that his department would be slowing the implementation of aggressive standards on sodium, whole grains and sweetened milks that passed under the Obama administration.

“We know meals cannot be nutritious if they’re not consumed, if they’re thrown out,” Perdue told reporters after eating chicken nuggets and salad with a group of fifth graders. “We have to balance sodium and whole grain content with palatability.”

It was the second blow to the Obama administration’s nutritional legacy in less than a week. On Friday, the Food and Drug Administration signaled its intent to rewrite long-delayed menu-labeling rules passed as part of the Affordable Care Act. Republicans on the House Appropriations Committee also attached several nutrition-related riders to this week’s appropriations bill, including one that targeted voluntary industry sodium-reductions.

“I feel that we have made such progress in schools meals over the past five years,” said Miriam Nelson, a public health researcher who helped advise Michelle Obama’s nutrition initiatives. “This progress has contributed to reversing the trend in childhood obesity rates nationwide . . . We want to continue the progress we have made.”

School lunches have seen a radical makeover in the past five years. Since 2012, when the nutrition rules mandated by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act went into effect, cafeterias have had to slash the amount of calories, trans-fats, sodium and refined grains in their foods, replacing cafeteria staples like conventional pizza with salt-reduced, whole-grain versions. They are also required to serve fruit, a variety of vegetables, and low-fat or fat-free milk.
Trump ends Michelle Obama’s plan to fight childhood obesity – The Denver Post

Here is what the next generation of kindergardners will look like.

28156-fatkids.jpg

What a good little collectivist you are, totalitarian to your core.

Wow, those lunches look awful, even worse from when I was a kid. I thought the idea was to get fresh fruit and vegetables in there or something? Where are all the fruits and veggies?

This adminstration just doesn't stop, nor does it care. Childhood obesity and Type 2 diabetes is skyrocketing in this country. Parents should teach their kids good healthy eating habits, but it should also be reinforced in our public schools.

WASHINGTON – After only six days on the job, Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue moved to stall one of former First Lady Michelle Obama’s signature accomplishments: stricter nutritional standards for school breakfasts and lunches, which feed more than 31 million children.

Speaking at Catoctin Elementary School in Leesburg, Virginia, on Monday with Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kansas, and Patricia Montague of the School Nutrition Association, Perdue announced that his department would be slowing the implementation of aggressive standards on sodium, whole grains and sweetened milks that passed under the Obama administration.

“We know meals cannot be nutritious if they’re not consumed, if they’re thrown out,” Perdue told reporters after eating chicken nuggets and salad with a group of fifth graders. “We have to balance sodium and whole grain content with palatability.”

It was the second blow to the Obama administration’s nutritional legacy in less than a week. On Friday, the Food and Drug Administration signaled its intent to rewrite long-delayed menu-labeling rules passed as part of the Affordable Care Act. Republicans on the House Appropriations Committee also attached several nutrition-related riders to this week’s appropriations bill, including one that targeted voluntary industry sodium-reductions.

“I feel that we have made such progress in schools meals over the past five years,” said Miriam Nelson, a public health researcher who helped advise Michelle Obama’s nutrition initiatives. “This progress has contributed to reversing the trend in childhood obesity rates nationwide . . . We want to continue the progress we have made.”

School lunches have seen a radical makeover in the past five years. Since 2012, when the nutrition rules mandated by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act went into effect, cafeterias have had to slash the amount of calories, trans-fats, sodium and refined grains in their foods, replacing cafeteria staples like conventional pizza with salt-reduced, whole-grain versions. They are also required to serve fruit, a variety of vegetables, and low-fat or fat-free milk.

28156-fatkids.jpg

Kids never got fat from school lunches. They get fat from the food stamp program. If the wife of halfblack Jesus really wanted to stop the fat kids she would have Taken a look at the food stamp program.

you know when I was a kid I ate bologna on Wonder bread, chips, whole milk, a banana or apple and a couple Oreo cookies every day for school lunch and most kids had some semblance of the same and none of us were fat

We ate Frosted Flakes and Apple Jacks for breakfast with whole milk or even half and half, drank cherry Kool aid and none of us were fat

so tell me what's changed that so many kids are fat these days

and FYI it ain't what they eat for lunch

you know when I was a kid I ate bologna on Wonder bread, chips, whole milk, a banana or apple and a couple Oreo cookies every day for school lunch and most kids had some semblance of the same and none of us were fat

We ate Frosted Flakes and Apple Jacks for breakfast with whole milk or even half and half, drank cherry Kool aid and none of us were fat

Video Games.

28156-fatkids.jpg
Who Gives a fucking shit? The federal government fucks everything up they touch… fact

If that were true, your country must be a Third World shithole, where all white people need armed guards to fend off the hungry, and poor, and guerrilla warfare results in daily casualty reports.

If you are living in the wealthiest country in the world with clean drinking water, safe public spaces and falling crime rates, where anyone can get a free education, and have all of the First World luxuries, then the government must have done a WHOLE lot of things right.

When did things start to change for the worse: When Ronald Reagan engineered the transfer of the wealth of the nation from the working class to the 1% using the tax code.

Personal wealth peaked in 1980. That's when Americans, across the board, had some level of savings and equity. From 1981 to date, the tax code changes have steadily siphoned off the wealth of the working and middle class in favour of the nation's wealthy and large corporations.

Now Trump is going to give massive tax breaks to the wealthy and eliminate the inheritance tax just as Baby Boomers (the richest generation ever) starts dying off and transferring their wealth to their children.

This will not end well for the US economy.

Wow, those lunches look awful, even worse from when I was a kid. I thought the idea was to get fresh fruit and vegetables in there or something? Where are all the fruits and veggies?

reduced calories/fruit n veggies.

Starvin' the chilluns is what it amounted to.

School lunch when I was a kid:

f22e6abc1f02002f925898cd9cbe7bf5.jpg
f22e6abc1f02002f925898cd9cbe7bf5.jpg

Last edited:

People aren't hearing it but I will say it again, toxic substances are a cause of obesity. Bodies store toxins in fat.

Chemicals and Obesity: the Link downloadable PDF

Obesity is a major and growing problem in the United States. Shockingly, about one in three adults is obese, and today’s children and teens are three times as likely today to be obese as they were 30 years ago.

Changes in diet and exercise in the last several decades are generally believed to be at the root of the problem. But what if it’s not as simple as calories in, calories out? A growing body of research is finding that toxic chemicals may be affecting our metabolism and frustrating efforts to maintain a healthy weight.

Many synthetic chemicals are known to impact the hormonal system. Now, researchers are uncovering effects on metabolic function that can lead to weight gain, insulin resistance (a prediabetic condition), heart disease, and obesity.

Chemicals found in our food, home and work environments, and products we buy have been implicated in effects on metabolism. Presented here are four brief case studies to illustrate how increased exposure to toxic chemicals may be the other major societal shift leading to today’s obesity epidemic.

Phthalates
Phalates are plasticizers and fragrance carriers found in many products and building materials, including PVC/vinyl items such as flooring and shower curtains, as well as in cleaners and personal care products.

Phthalates impair testosterone production in animal studies, and low testosterone is strongly associated with obesity and metabolic syndrome in men.

• Analyses of phthalate levels in U.S. residents found that men with higher exposure to certain phthalates had higher body mass index, waist circumference, and insulin resistance, all measures of obesity and metabolic syndrome.
  • Laboratory studies indicate that phthalates directly affect key regulators of fat metabolism.
Bisphenol A
Bisphenol A (BPA) is a building block of polycarbonate plastic and a component of food can linings. It is known to be estrogenic and to affect thyroid function, and laboratory research suggests exposure may result in weight gain.

• Some laboratory research has found that particularly in female animals, BPA exposure can lead to higher weight gain and greatly increased fat deposits. Exposed animals ate no more food, but gained more weight than unexposed animals.
  • Cell culture studies show that BPA can suppress hormones that protect from insulin resistance and even trigger other types of cells to become fat cells.
  • Analyses of BPA in U.S. residents have linked higher exposure to a greater likelihood of diabetes and heart disease.
Persistent, Bioaccumulative, and Toxic Chemicals
Chemicals that last a long time in the environment and build up in our bodies are known as persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic chemicals (also called PBTs or POPs). Some of these chemicals, such as PCBs and DDT, have been banned for many years but are still commonly found in the environment, in food, and in people. Others, like some flame retardants and “Teflon chemicals,” are still in use. Studies have associated persistent toxic chemicals with obesity and diabetes.

• An analysis of data collected by the CDC on more than 2000 U.S. adults found a very strong association between exposure to these chemicals and diabetes: people with the highest concentrations were 37 times more likely to have diabetes than those with the lowest concentrations.
  • A study of the adult daughters of women who ate PCB- and DDT-contaminated fish from Lake Michigan found that the daughters with greater prenatal exposure to DDT breakdown product DDE were more likely to be overweight or obese.
Perfluorinated Compounds, or “Teflon Chemicals” (PFCs)
PFCs are used to make stain-resistant coatings for clothing, furniture, carpets, paper packaging, and cookware. They are extremely long lasting in people and the environment.

• PFCs have been linked to lower birth weight in some studies, and low birth weight is a risk factor for obesity and diabetes.
  • A number of studies have associated PFC exposure with higher cholesterol. Most recently, researchers found that American adults with higher levels of any of three PFCs in their bodies had higher total cholesterol and non-HDL cholesterol.
What’s the Solution?
Toxic chemicals that can cause obesity, cancer, reproductive problems, and learning disabilities are in the products we use every day. That’s because federal law on chemicals takes a “don’t ask, don’t tell” approach: EPA can’t require companies to test chemicals for safety, nobody’s telling what chemicals are even in products, and chemicals with known hazards can be used in places we live, work, or play......................more at link and all the studies

Often the kids were forced to take a fruit (not necessary very fresh). Many if not most of the kids would simply throw the fruit away in a trashcan simply feet away from the end of the lunch line.

Often the kids were forced to take a fruit (not necessary very fresh). Many if not most of the kids would simply throw the fruit away in a trashcan simply feet away from the end of the lunch line.

In other news, pig farmers had a bigger supply of slop while Michelle Obama school lunches were in effect.

Pennsylvania School Lunch Improves, Makes Money After Dropping Michelle Obama’s Lunch Program | Weasel Zippers

#ThanksMichelleObama - Twitter Search

Last edited:

kids are fat because there is LOTS MORE REALLY DELIGHTFUL
food------all over the place at all times ------FOOD COURTS IN MALLS---
FOOD TRUCKS ------all kinds of food advertisements ----we live in a
FOOD CULTURE-----I watch cooking shows incessantly-----no one got
fat on JULIA CHILD recipes-------no one could reproduce them. Used
to be a big celebration or a LONG sporting event was accompanied by
a three ounce box of cracker jacks------now the snack counter serves
up foot long sausage sandwiches. I used to swim ALL DAY on the strength
of one bag of salty popcorn --two cents. No butter--that was three cents extra

Forum List