Trump ends Michelle Obama's effort to fight child hood obesity.

The low cal and low sodium restrictions do seem a bit harsh for growing teenagers. I remember when we were that age we could eat an enormous amount. And I was a little thing. Maybe starting with just more vegetables and fruit would have been a better idea.

So Mrs. Oblama cooked every meal and served it, what a bust lady..

I don't know about her tits, but it was her lunch program.

That was her "CAUSE".

school-lunches-5.jpg

This adminstration just doesn't stop, nor does it care. Childhood obesity and Type 2 diabetes is skyrocketing in this country. Parents should teach their kids good healthy eating habits, but it should also be reinforced in our public schools.

WASHINGTON – After only six days on the job, Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue moved to stall one of former First Lady Michelle Obama’s signature accomplishments: stricter nutritional standards for school breakfasts and lunches, which feed more than 31 million children.

Speaking at Catoctin Elementary School in Leesburg, Virginia, on Monday with Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kansas, and Patricia Montague of the School Nutrition Association, Perdue announced that his department would be slowing the implementation of aggressive standards on sodium, whole grains and sweetened milks that passed under the Obama administration.

“We know meals cannot be nutritious if they’re not consumed, if they’re thrown out,” Perdue told reporters after eating chicken nuggets and salad with a group of fifth graders. “We have to balance sodium and whole grain content with palatability.”

It was the second blow to the Obama administration’s nutritional legacy in less than a week. On Friday, the Food and Drug Administration signaled its intent to rewrite long-delayed menu-labeling rules passed as part of the Affordable Care Act. Republicans on the House Appropriations Committee also attached several nutrition-related riders to this week’s appropriations bill, including one that targeted voluntary industry sodium-reductions.

“I feel that we have made such progress in schools meals over the past five years,” said Miriam Nelson, a public health researcher who helped advise Michelle Obama’s nutrition initiatives. “This progress has contributed to reversing the trend in childhood obesity rates nationwide . . . We want to continue the progress we have made.”

School lunches have seen a radical makeover in the past five years. Since 2012, when the nutrition rules mandated by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act went into effect, cafeterias have had to slash the amount of calories, trans-fats, sodium and refined grains in their foods, replacing cafeteria staples like conventional pizza with salt-reduced, whole-grain versions. They are also required to serve fruit, a variety of vegetables, and low-fat or fat-free milk.
Trump ends Michelle Obama’s plan to fight childhood obesity – The Denver Post

Here is what the next generation of kindergardners will look like.

28156-fatkids.jpg
That's the parents problem. Every penny of mine that goes to these useless programs is money that I could better spend on my children. As for the erroneous supposition that such a program fosters, and reinforces good eating habits.... If there were good habits to reinforce, coming from the children's home life; there would be no "need" for such a program. The fact of the matter is the majority of eating takes place at home. And that's where the problem needs to be dealt with. Get out of my wallet parasite!

A lot of these programs a simply fronts to pay off cronies.

It's funny that LIbErals have long been fond of falsely accusing conservatives of wanting to starve children, but it's Michelle Obama that actually took steps to do so, and a Republican administration that is putting a stop to it.

It's funny that LIbErals have long been fond of falsely accusing conservatives of wanting to starve children, but it's Michelle Obama that actually took steps to do so, and a Republican administration that is putting a stop to it.
The kids at my youngest son's school have better lunches than we did in the 1960's and 1970's..

The low cal and low sodium restrictions do seem a bit harsh for growing teenagers. I remember when we were that age we could eat an enormous amount. And I was a little thing. Maybe starting with just more vegetables and fruit would have been a better idea.

or just let the locals handle it so parents can have an input on what their kids get fed.

Forum List

Back