trump Boasts $500 million Cash Reserve

The court was a joke, and I believe they will get their asses handed to them on appeal. That's why they are trying to require a bond to appeal.

FPOTUS#45 doesn't have to post a bond in order to appeal.

What the bond (or escrow) does is suspend ability to enforce the judgement during the appeal process.

WW

Thats false, as it’s already been reported …

They (FPOTUS#45's lawyers) have already filed the notice of appeal dtd 02/26/2024 and the bond hasn't been posted yet.

When the bond IS the judgement, then it’s unenforceable, IMHO.

No actually it's standard practice in civil judgements like this. The bond/escrow is to stay enforcement. It doesn't release the looser from having to come up with the judgement. Oh and here is another thing. If a stay is granted it only suspends enforcement, it doesn't suspend interest accumulation.

(To the tune of $114,000 per day.)

WW

trump Boasts $500 million Cash Reserve

“‘THROUGH HARD WORK, TALENT, AND LUCK, I CURRENTLY HAVE ALMOST FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS IN CASH, A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF WHICH I INTENDED TO USE IN MY CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENT,’ Trump wrote on Truth Social.”

Legal analyst and former Watergate prosecutor Nick Akerman stated, “‘That is the dumbest thing he could have possibly done, to put that on Truth Social, because that is a direct admission by him that he has the money.’”

In a recent filing to an appellate court trump claimed he has no means to post a $454 million bond.

If his brag on Truth Social is true, his filing to the appellate court is a lie.

Either way, the New York AG Tish James will soon be targeting trump’s property for liquidation. That
$500 million would certainly make the jobs of everyone involved in the collection process much easier.

View attachment 921198

No wonder you live in a trailer home LOL

You're just wrong. The appeal.continues regardless.
Ok, let’s play this out…

So, 1. James can’t just walk up to, say, Trump Tower today slap a chain across the door and claim it dummy

2. There’s a process, and she’s going to find out she can’t complete it before her shit ruling is overturned….

It‘s Lucy and the football, and you idiots are Charlie Brown.

"Eric Trump re-circulated the story initiated by Trump's team that they've been turned down by every lender they've reached out to regarding the bond, saying that they basically laughed in his face."
-------------------------------------------------------

Which, if we give credence to several of our more TDS'g posters here (TrumpDuped&Snookered)......well, that revelation of being laughed at is a puzzler.

I mean by that, how many times have we read on this venue that the banks involved in this fraud trial got all their money back with interest, that they were delighted to acquire such a big and important client as Don Trump. That they treasured his business. There was no harm, no fould.

And now Eric claims those banks are laughing in his face?

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Biden's just another spinning, bullshitting politician.

You don't know my politics. And thank goodness, I'm not like you, Trumpster.
Soo...it turns out President Trump, the world's top negotiator just did it again by cutting his bond by two-thirds. The great man just called the state's bluff on the bond that everyone knew was outrageous. I guess you think he should have just caved and paid it. Trump is too smart for that. Meanwhile you TDSers are griping that he's "lying". As I said, the guy is always three steps ahead of you people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, the real-world reality of that "toying" is that he is also involving -----a court of law.

And one that has already found him liable for fraud. And one that has already ruled that he must disgorge near $500 million in fraudulently acquired profits ('fruit of a poisoned tree'?)

So, seeing he was levied with a large 'disgorgement' ruling; and then officially filed in court that he intended to appeal that ruling; and then officially informed the court that he didn't have enough money to file an appeal; and then publicly said he did; well......

Well, that 'toying' may not turn out to be fun, after all.

And it may turn out that the reasonable and tolerant Judge Erdogan may be mildly skeptical of Don Trump's forthrightness?

Monday, the 25th comes.....and the end of the legally mandated 30-days 'to-file' deadline lurks.

Could be a mildly interesting day. No?
Yes, it was more than mildly interesting. Trump turned the tables on these leftwing clowns and got the bond cut by two-thirds.

Trump turned the tables on these leftwing clowns and got the bond cut by two-thirds.
Well, the good-faith guarantee of funds to pay a judgment if an appeal fails was reduced down to a measly $175 million. I mean by 'measly,' to Don Trump (the self professed billionaire x10) it is 'measly'....but to me, $175,000,000 seems like a lot of money to prove to folks that ones word can be good.
Still, it WAS cut. The 'guarantee' was cut.

NOT.....the judgement.
That remains now at something like $500 million.
And it sits out there still.
With the interest meter running at 9%....with some reports that meter ticks away at $112,000 a day.

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick -tock.

Forum List

Back