trump Boasts $500 million Cash Reserve

This board is not a representation of dems in real life.
/---/ As a widower, I met a local woman who seemed 100% rational and pleasing to be with. The conversation drifted towards politics, and I said I'm conservative and choose not to discuss politics. We met for dinner, and she went on about the Jan 6 hearing and how Schift was a national hero BLAH BLAH BLAH. She became so obsessed with the hearings that she was unbearable. I broke things off. She texted me a few times about breaking news after that, but eventually she left me alone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, the real-world reality of that "toying" is that he is also involving -----a court of law.
Engoron and his court are a joke. Judges don’t get to violate rights.
And one that has already found him liable for fraud. And one that has already ruled that he must disgorge near $500 million in fraudulently acquired profits ('fruit of a poisoned tree'?)

So, seeing he was levied with a large 'disgorgement' ruling; and then officially filed in court that he intended to appeal that ruling; and then officially informed the court that he didn't have enough money to file an appeal; and then publicly said he did; well......

Well, that 'toying' may not turn out to be fun, after all.
The ruling, as well as the fine was a clown show from the start.
And it may turn out that the reasonable and tolerant Judge Erdogan may be mildly skeptical of Don Trump's forthrightness?

Monday, the 25th comes.....and the end of the legally mandated 30-days 'to-file' deadline lurks.

Could be a mildly interesting day. No?
“Reasonable”? Come on. Even you can’t believe that….Engoron had decided the outcome before he donned his robe the first day.

It was a spectacle for the fake news outlets.

Engoron and his court are a joke. Judges don’t get to violate rights.
Tell it to the judge.
Write him a letter with your observations and complaints.
Please, if you would, share the contents of your message.....and his response....with the forum.
--------------------------------------------------

"... the fine was a clown show from the start."
Not a "fine".
A disgorgement of fraudulently acquired profits.
Fruit from a poisoned tree, so to speak.

Engoron had decided the outcome before he donned his robe the first day.

Got a link?
Or just an unsupported opinion from a disgruntled supporter?

Got a link?

He's talking about the fact that BOTH FPOTUS#45 and the State requested Summary Judgement without a trial to the 7 claims against FPOTUS#45. The judge granted the motions on 1 of the 7 claims, the other 6 were adjudicated at trial, and ruled against FPOTUS#45.

Here is a thought, if you don't want the Judge to rule based on pre-trial motions and evidence submitted - DON'T ask the Judge to rule on pre-trial motions and evidence submitted.

WW

Tell it to the judge.
Write him a letter with your observations and complaints.
Please, if you would, share the contents of your message.....and his response....with the forum.
--------------------------------------------------
I don't have to. Trump has competent attorneys that'll make the case for him. Or are you too dumb to know how this works?
Not a "fine".
A disgorgement of fraudulently acquired profits.
Fruit from a poisoned tree, so to speak.
It's a serious mistake, brought by a biased judge, and prosecutor that ran on getting Trump. This is a joke, and you only love it because you hate.
Got a link?

trump Boasts $500 million Cash Reserve

“‘THROUGH HARD WORK, TALENT, AND LUCK, I CURRENTLY HAVE ALMOST FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS IN CASH, A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF WHICH I INTENDED TO USE IN MY CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENT,’ Trump wrote on Truth Social.”

Legal analyst and former Watergate prosecutor Nick Akerman stated, “‘That is the dumbest thing he could have possibly done, to put that on Truth Social, because that is a direct admission by him that he has the money.’”

In a recent filing to an appellate court trump claimed he has no means to post a $454 million bond.

If his brag on Truth Social is true, his filing to the appellate court is a lie.

Either way, the New York AG Tish James will soon be targeting trump’s property for liquidation. That
$500 million would certainly make the jobs of everyone involved in the collection process much easier.

That is obviously wrong because if Trump were to pay the bond, then he could not afford the appeals or the campaign.
And that clearly is extortion by the state of NY.
All real estate is always inflated.
Its called "puffing".
There is absolutely NOTHING remotely illegal about that.

That is obviously wrong because if Trump were to pay the bond, then he could not afford the appeals or the campaign.
And that clearly is extortion by the state of NY.
All real estate is always inflated.
Its called "puffing".
There is absolutely NOTHING remotely illegal about that.
Is that what you call it for everyone in that position or just the turd yer polishing?

Or are you too dumb to know how this works?
Oh, I really don't wanna hafta to explain my dumbness or lack thereof.

Rather, I would prefer to stay on the thread topic.

Meaning, the court found Don Trump was deceitful with his financial institutions. That, in itself, is a crime; however, the State's Attorney's office chose to prosecute it as a civil offense rather than a criminal one.

But the key here is: Deceit, or intention to deceive, a financial institution.. And that, in New York, and likely every state in the United States, is discouraged. And when found to have occurred, there are several remedies, e.g., cancel the loan and require immediate payback; or, in the case, of Don Trump, return ill-gotten gains derived from the deception.

And thus, here we are.

------------------------------------------------------

I don't consider it a lie if he says he has money, but doesn't have the money to waste on a frivolous award that he projects will be overturned.

Well, that settles it. Case closed. Everybody go home.
Earnest poster Mashmont writing anonymously under a fake name has decided that if one intentionally offers a deception to a court, he ---Mashmont ----simply does not consider it to be a lie.

Why didn't poster Mashmont file an amicus brief with the Engoran court that would lay out that reasoning?

Or, it may not be too late even now.

So, how 'bout it good poster Mashmont?
You gonna put your money with your mouth is?
Keep the forum informed.
Thanks in advance.

Oh, I really don't wanna hafta to explain my dumbness or lack thereof.
Of course not, because you always lose in that debate.
Rather, I would prefer to stay on the thread topic.
Great, you should try and see if you can without saying something inflamatory, or stupid.
Meaning, the court found Don Trump was deceitful with his financial institutions. That, in itself, is a crime; however, the State's Attorney's office chose to prosecute it as a civil offense rather than a criminal one.
The court was a joke, and I believe they will get their asses handed to them on appeal. That's why they are trying to require a bond to appeal.
But the key here is: Deceit, or intention to deceive, a financial institution.. And that, in New York, and likely every state in the United States, is discouraged. And when found to have occurred, there are several remedies, e.g., cancel the loan and require immediate payback; or, in the case, of Don Trump, return ill-gotten gains derived from the deception.
Nonsense, the banks do their own due diligence before giving ANY loan.
And thus, here we are.

------------------------------------------------------
Yes, here we are....Dems showing America that they are really totalitarian authoritarians who want to crush and jail any opposition. You should be ashamed.

Trump has competent attorneys that'll make the case for him. Or are you too dumb to know how this works?

OK, once again quickly moving beyond the question of my dumbness, or thought-to-be dumbness, let us go to this 'competent attorney' assertion.

So, prolific poster 'j-mac'....how have Don Trump's attorneys done so far?
You know, with the two Carroll cases with Trump as the defendant?
With forestalling any indictments in the four jurisdictions that have filed them against Don Trump?
Or, for that matter, how'd his counsel do in this Engoran court?

Hate to sound snarky, but.......but Don Trump's attorneys must be tired of all this winning?

Or, cashing their check for legally representing him in court?

I dunno. Just askin'.

OK, once again quickly moving beyond the question of my dumbness, or thought-to-be dumbness, let us go to this 'competent attorney' assertion.

So, prolific poster 'j-mac'....how have Don Trump's attorneys done so far?
You know, with the two Carroll cases with Trump as the defendant?
With forestalling any indictments in the four jurisdictions that have filed them against Don Trump?
Or, for that matter, how'd his counsel do in this Engoran court?

Hate to sound snarky, but.......but Don Trump's attorneys must be tired of all this winning?

Or, cashing their check for legally representing him in court?

I dunno. Just askin'.
I see, so you think all of this ends at the moment you get the outcome you desire? Not how it works dummy.

I see, so you think all of this ends at the moment you get the outcome you desire? Not how it works dummy.
Oh, are the trump lawyers going to suddenly find a winning strategy they could not think of, during or before the trials?

Like a magic rabbit in a hat?

Hold onto that.

Forum List

Back