Trump asked Comey for his loyalty.

COMEY is now SUBJECT TO PROSECUTION.

President Trump's legal team shot back Thursday at James Comey's Senate testimony, defending the president in a brawny statement against the fired FBI director's more damaging claims and asserting Comey himself could now be in legal jeopardy for his admission he'd leaked details of "privileged" conversations.

Trump's personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, also said Comey's testimony backed up Trump on key points -- affirming that the president "never sought to impede" the Russia probe, and that while he was FBI director, Comey told Trump several times he wasn't the subject of an investigation

Kasowitz also cast doubt on Comey’s explanation as to why he decided to leak a memo describing the Flynn conversation after Trump had fired him as FBI director.

“Although Mr. Comey testified he only leaked the memos in response to a tweet, the public record reveals that the New York Times was quoting from these memos the day before the referenced tweet, which belies Mr. Comey's excuse for this unauthorized disclosure of privileged information and appears to be entirely retaliatory,” the statement said.

Comey testimony: Trump team denies accusations, tries to turn tables on ex-FBI boss

AND NOW HE CAN BE TRIED FOR PERJURY TOO.
Yeah lol right after they put the moron trump away A man of honor of service to America like comey VS the lying pos who worked only for himself the vile Trump

You're so uninformed, Comey said Trump encouraged him to look into his associates.

You constantly come here woefully ill informed
I've lost confidence in you sassy you're in disarray Your moron said that about the FBI

My dear Edward, Comey said Trump encouraged him to investigate, it's in rhe link I graciously provided and evidently you refuse to read.

Run along now, you're floundering...again
OK I'm going to hang out with Pence far far away from trump who btw NO ONE wants to work for

He's still POTUS..and will continue to be. It's over
Yes he is and if he continues you repubs are going to get the blame

Blame for what?

I've lost confidence in you sassy you're in disarray Your moron said that about the FBI

My dear Edward, Comey said Trump encouraged him to investigate, it's in rhe link I graciously provided and evidently you refuse to read.

Run along now, you're floundering...again
OK I'm going to hang out with Pence far far away from trump who btw NO ONE wants to work for

He's still POTUS..and will continue to be. It's over
Yes he is and if he continues you repubs are going to get the blame

Blame for what?
Blame for treating the russians with kid gloves after they hacked our election and will do it again Blame for being a world class liar ,,,,,How's that for starters?

The topic is a joke
The President being called a liar at a publicly held Senate Hearing by a former high-ranking government official is not a joke. It is a serious topic. The OP asked if this had ever been done before. So far, no one has found an example of it happening before.

It has. It happened at Black Jesus's state of the union adress and it turned out he was indeed a liar.
A State of the Union Address is not the same as a Senate Hearing where the witness testifies under oath under penalty of perjury. Presidents tell lies during State of the Union address often and frequently. The State of the Union Addresses are political speeches filled with promises. Remember when Bush claimed Iraq was providing support and protection as a reason for the invasion of Iraq. That was done during a State of the Union Address.

So was the "yellowcake from Niger" scandal.
Yeah....who fucking cares that they found tons of yellowcake in Iraq. Joe fucking Wilson said it never happened.

Uhhhmmmm.... there's no Q in "Niger"....

This has started out interesting, and it looks like it's gonna keep going.

Gotta love Trump and his presidency. Never seen so much scandal in the first 1/2 year before.

There you go, deflection. A lame one, but still, a deflection.

Did Comey ever comment on Hillary's claim to have landed under sniper fire in a war zone? Why yes I am mocking you, Bill, Hillary, Obama, all confirmed liars. Not one lie a pattern of lying multiple times. You people have no cred.

Pogo's Law strikes again. "Quick! Change the subject!!"

toilet_claw[1].gif

Pointing out the blatant double standards and hypocrisy of the left is relevant. You don't like it because it undermines your credibility.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnope. It's desperation. You can't handle the topic so you seek to change it.

You ain't dealing here with a rube so gullible he like, ever believed a word out of the Orange Mouth yanno. So yeah credibility is being undermined but ---- it ain't mine.

As I have stated I'm fine with Trump lying, you people spew lies like a fire hose so now you can have a taste of your own medicine here's hoping you choke on it. :eusa_clap:

"You people"?

Link to whatever you're yammering incoherently about in all your fallacy-crutch glory then?

Did Comey ever comment on Hillary's claim to have landed under sniper fire in a war zone? Why yes I am mocking you, Bill, Hillary, Obama, all confirmed liars. Not one lie a pattern of lying multiple times. You people have no cred.

toilet_claw[1].gif

Pointing out the blatant double standards and hypocrisy of the left is relevant. You don't like it because it undermines your credibility.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnope. It's desperation. You can't handle the topic so you seek to change it.

You ain't dealing here with a rube so gullible he like, ever believed a word out of the Orange Mouth yanno. So yeah credibility is being undermined but ---- it ain't mine.

As I have stated I'm fine with Trump lying, you people spew lies like a fire hose so now you can have a taste of your own medicine here's hoping you choke on it. :eusa_clap:

"You people"?

Link to whatever you're yammering incoherently about in all your fallacy-crutch glory then?

Clear I hit a raw nerve, sorry. No not really it was intentional.

This has started out interesting, and it looks like it's gonna keep going.

Gotta love Trump and his presidency. Never seen so much scandal in the first 1/2 year before.

More like made up BS...all that was accomplished today was revealing Lynch was in it neck deep...oh wait THAT is scandal

toilet_claw[1].gif

"You people"?

Clear I hit a raw nerve, sorry. No not really it was intentional.

So you don't have one. You made it up. Pulled it out of your ass.
Wonderful. Here's hoping you choke on it ramming it back in.

What Comey actually said was that Flynn was investigated for failure to disclose meetings, but it's possible he'd be flipped if he had information on something else.
Trump is scared shitless that FBI will find his connection to russian hacking into our election AND is doing all in his power to save Flynn ,the guy who can bury him and many more if he testifies
Pretty sad, really. Trump isn't scared shitless, and if he were, you'd not know it.

Tell Me, which year did you convict this Republican President? 2016? 2015? 1999?

What Comey actually said was that Flynn was investigated for failure to disclose meetings, but it's possible he'd be flipped if he had information on something else.
Trump is scared shitless that FBI will find his connection to russian hacking into our election AND is doing all in his power to save Flynn ,the guy who can bury him and many more if he testifies
Real funny you Trumpovitch backers Trump and russia are in cahoots and you find that funny ?? Are you all traitors ? Republicans ? But I repeat myself

Pretty sad, really. Trump isn't scared shitless, and if he were, you'd not know it.

Tell Me, which year did you convict this Republican President? 2016? 2015? 1999?
Dark I voted for GWB in 2000 my last repub vote

Dark I voted for GWB in 2000 my last repub vote
Okay, so since what? 2001, 2002, 2004? You made up your mind at that time that any Republican President is guilty of something and you'll support the rhetoric that convicts them and in addition, you'll close your mind to any information that runs counter to what you believe.

My point is, your stance that Trump is guilty isn't an honest opinion. You were planning on finding any Republican guilty, regardless of any evidence, or lack thereof.

It will take a few weeks for the media and the dems to figure it out but today is the day that Trump was vindicated 100%....Live it Love it Learn it....The Russian / Trump story dies today...It's over dems.

It's not proper for the president to ask for loyalty from the FBI director. One swears loyalty to the US, not the president.
Seeing Comey obviously biased for the left but still wanting to give the guy a fair chance, Trump allowed him to keep his job after his inauguration. Also he feared given all the rabid frothing at the mouth by biased media and vitriol of the left, firing Comey was not going to end well. I mean even if he had done it from the start, it wouldn't have been any better. The left would have pounced on it saying he was just trying to obstruct justice and avoid an indictment and therefore he must be guilty. So it was a catch 22 situation with no way to avoid the inevitable.

Trump knew the only possible way around all of this would be to try and win Comey over and therefore asked him for his loyalty. In other words, he was asking the slime not to stab him in the back. But Comey kept doing it anyway and Trump probably found out he was the one leaking information hence the reason he had no choice but to let him go. And it also explains why he didn't do it face to face and it was done so harshly. Trump was clearly disgusted with the backstabbing jerk who was completely DISLOYAL and was doing all he could to undermine his presidency.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back