"Lordy Lordy, I hope there were tapes", Comey may get his wish, Trump may have TAPED conversations..

centerleftFL

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2018
Remember when Comey was fired and then came back to the Hill and testified. One the Congressional questioners asked about tapes (after TRUMP tweeted Comey better NOT have any tapes) whether HE had taped the conversation when Trump asked him to back off of Michael Flynn. Comey responded with the above.

Well it turns out, there might have been, assuming they would still exist of course! (They might have suffered the fate of Rosemary Woods moment accidentally erasing the 'tape').

Democrats have ‘a good faith reason’ to believe ‘there are tapes’ of Trump’s meetings with Comey: report
NOOR AL-SIBAI
13 MAR 2018 AT 21:10 ET
Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee released a status report on the Russia investigation — and buried within it is a revelation that may aide investigations into whether the president obstructed justice early in his administration.

In their report on the committee’s all-but-closed Russia probe, the Democrat minority said it “has a good faith reason to believe that the White House does in fact possess” documents or recordings of conversations between President Donald Trump and former FBI Director James Comey.

The minority laid out the timeline and reasoning behind its conclusion, starting with the president’s apparent threat on Twitter that “Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press” to their numerous letters to White House counsel Don McGahn requesting any and all information about the alleged recordings.

Despite receiving two letters from the White House, the minority concluded that the administration’s responses were “woefully inadequate” and did not prove to them that any “recordings, memoranda or other documents” currently or formerly existed.

During Comey’s testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee, he remarked that he would welcome the release of such recordings.

“Lordy, I hope there are tapes,” Comey told the committee.

You can read the entire report below:

Democrats have 'a good faith reason' to believe 'there are tapes' of Trump's meetings with Comey: report

^Check out this Nutter Butter grasping at straws.

d-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n
Actually your 'read' is totally off. A--I'm old enough to remember Watergate well and history repeating itself would just be too 'delicious' to watch. B--Projection!! Since Trump's every waking minute is spent in 'projection', this could be more of the same. (Look it up if you don't know what it means). Trump accusing Comey of taping the conversation and he might have tapes of the conversation?? Get real, that would be a fucking hoot!

MeekPeskyCockroach-size_restricted.gif

d-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n
Actually your 'read' is totally off. A--I'm old enough to remember Watergate well and history repeating itself would just be too 'delicious' to watch. B--Projection. Look it up if you don't know what it means. Trump accusing Comey of taping the conversation and he might have tapes of the conversation??

Get real, that would be a fucking hoot!
Yeah, if it had ary a base in reality whatsoever.

Speaking of reality...

How's Reality Winner doing?

d-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n
Actually your 'read' is totally off. A--I'm old enough to remember Watergate well and history repeating itself would just be too 'delicious' to watch. B--Projection. Look it up if you don't know what it means. Trump accusing Comey of taping the conversation and he might have tapes of the conversation??

Get real, that would be a fucking hoot!
Yeah, if it had ary a base in reality whatsoever.

Speaking of reality...

How's Reality Winner doing?
What? Trump? Obviously you can't have meant him. I feel quite sure Comey is grounded in reality.

Forum List

Back