Trump again asks Pelosi to pass standalone $1,200 stimulus check legislation

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
President Trump took to Twitter Wednesday morning to reiterate to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi his desire to sign a standalone bill to provide $1,200 stimulus checks to Americans — as the federal government remains locked in a stalemate over coronavirus relief negotiations.

Just 10 hours after first mentioning Pelosi (D-Calif.) in a tweet Tuesday evening, when he expressed interest in a focused relief deal that would just cover the checks, the commander-in-chief circled back.

“Move Fast, I Am Waiting To Sign!” Trump wrote in a retweet of his earlier message, tagging the California Democrat’s account.

“If I am sent a Stand Alone Bill for Stimulus Checks ($1,200), they will go out to our great people IMMEDIATELY. I am ready to sign right now. Are you listening Nancy?” the president wrote late Tuesday in his initial post on the matter

n response to the move, Pelosi issued a lengthy statement slamming Trump and his response to the pandemic as a whole.

“Today, once again, President Trump showed his true colors: putting himself first at the expense of the country, with the full complicity of the GOP Members of Congress,” the House speaker said.

“Walking away from coronavirus talks demonstrates that President Trump is unwilling to crush the virus, as is required by the Heroes Act,” she continued, later accusing the commander-in-chief of abandoning his responsibility to meet “the needs of our children.”

Nancy does not compromise. She demands capitulation.

Is it possible that Republicans have gotten what they wanted from President Trump (judicial nominees to both Federal Courts and the Supreme Court) and now they are dumping him at, literally, the first opportunity?
Please don’t call me names, I mean this as a legitimate question and am curious what folks further to the right than I am think. In no way is it meant as an attack nor a judgement on either Republicans or President Trump.
Thanks

President Trump took to Twitter Wednesday morning to reiterate to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi his desire to sign a standalone bill to provide $1,200 stimulus checks to Americans — as the federal government remains locked in a stalemate over coronavirus relief negotiations.

Just 10 hours after first mentioning Pelosi (D-Calif.) in a tweet Tuesday evening, when he expressed interest in a focused relief deal that would just cover the checks, the commander-in-chief circled back.

“Move Fast, I Am Waiting To Sign!” Trump wrote in a retweet of his earlier message, tagging the California Democrat’s account.

“If I am sent a Stand Alone Bill for Stimulus Checks ($1,200), they will go out to our great people IMMEDIATELY. I am ready to sign right now. Are you listening Nancy?” the president wrote late Tuesday in his initial post on the matter

n response to the move, Pelosi issued a lengthy statement slamming Trump and his response to the pandemic as a whole.

“Today, once again, President Trump showed his true colors: putting himself first at the expense of the country, with the full complicity of the GOP Members of Congress,” the House speaker said.

“Walking away from coronavirus talks demonstrates that President Trump is unwilling to crush the virus, as is required by the Heroes Act,” she continued, later accusing the commander-in-chief of abandoning his responsibility to meet “the needs of our children.”

Nancy does not compromise. She demands capitulation.
Nancy does not care about anyone but herself and her own interests.

Economic hardship caused by the virus is affecting (what) 15% of the people? Trump's proposal of sending checks out willy-nilly makes no fiscal sense at all. Unless of course your agenda is to buy votes and prop up our trade imbalance.

U.S. trade deficit climbs in August to $67.1 billion and hits third highest level on record
Published: Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:49 a.m. ET

1602091906907.png

Is it possible that Republicans have gotten what they wanted from President Trump (judicial nominees to both Federal Courts and the Supreme Court) and now they are dumping him at, literally, the first opportunity?
Please don’t call me names, I mean this as a legitimate question and am curious what folks further to the right than I am think. In no way is it meant as an attack nor a judgement on either Republicans or President Trump.
Thanks
Your question will be answered on November 3rd.

Thanks
Why would real Americans dump a President who stands for American values?

Economic hardship caused by the virus is affecting (what) 15% of the people? Trump's proposal of sending checks out willy-nilly makes no fiscal sense at all. Unless of course your agenda is to buy votes and prop up our trade imbalance.

U.S. trade deficit climbs in August to $67.1 billion and hits third highest level on record
Published: Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:49 a.m. ET

Doesn't matter to me, I have a job.

Thanks
Your question will be answered on November 3rd.
Good answer, thanks.

Thanks
Not really thinking of folks who vote Republican but more of the party machinery, serving on positions of power McConnell and his ilk.

Trumpybear is having mood swings, didn't he say no to any relief for Americans just yesterday. Who know what he'll say by tonight.

What a goofy bastard.

Thanks
Not really thinking of folks who vote Republican but more of the party machinery, serving on positions of power McConnell and his ilk.
So who cares what those who hate America think or would do? There is only one person dedicated to keeping American values intact and he isn't Democrat. As to the DC machinery and lifer politicians on either side who view Trump as a threat to their cushy existence? Of course there are some who want Trump out but don't think the Republican base wants him to lose given the pathetic alternative.

Trumpybear is having mood swings, didn't he say no to any relief for Americans just yesterday. Who know what he'll say by tonight.

What a goofy bastard.
Awww does the President upset you? I know all that law and order stuff gets old to America haters doesn't it?

Forum List

Back