Zone1 Traditional "sects" of the Catholic Church versus "regular" (novus ordo)

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
I can't remember where on the internet I got this article or the last name of the person who wrote it. Her name was Jean something.

I read through it once but didn't get half as much out of it as I did the 2nd reading. I don't know why... just a mood I was in, but the 2nd reading kind of hit me like a ton of bricks... strange how that goes but anyhow..

She listened to the Sedevacantists (those who say the Chair of St Peter [at the Vatican] is vacant and has been since Pius XII died) and went along with everything they said because it was so logical. That's where I myself am at... it is VERY logical, everything they say. But she and yours truly believe they are nonetheless in error. (I know: Who isn't?)

Well, I wish I had the highlighted copied version with me but I don't. I'll try to remember what really struck me the most.

She says, for one, that the Trad Mass or Mass of All Times codified by St Pius V around the time (era) of the Council of Trent was not always THE Mass that Catholics faithfully adhered to. I did not know that. That was not one of the biggest reasons, however, for leaving the novus ordo Church (for me, anyway). I mean, that Mass WAS codified by a SAINT pope... so I have ZERO problem with the Sedes sticking to that Mass.

So apparently this, following, is what caused her to finally leave the Sede Church: Some Cardinals at the time of Vatican II put together some statement and took it to the other Cardinals at V2, asking them to sign it. It said that the "pope" (Paul VI, I believe) was a heretic and (if I recall) the V2 Council should be renounced.

Not one of the Cardinals signed it.

I didn't know that either (and had not focused on it the first time reading through her story).

That is or appears to be a big deal, but I am not sure it is. If all 100 of 100 people believe something, that does not make it true, obviously. Or as the old rock song put it "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong."

She says that the Sedes don't produce good fruit, their priests don't answer the phone or emails, and this knowing that many people live nowhere near their churches. She says they don't evangelize, are "exclusive" and uncharitable and think themselves superior to others who don't understand what they understand. I have had the same thoughts but that also is no reason to leave the Church (Sede or novus ordo) IMO.

The reason I always thought I had to leave the modern Church was that the Vatican was taken over some 65 years ago by anti-Christs and installed fake popes or popes who could be molded into their liberal image. And yet maybe that is not even a reason to leave? After all, Jesus promised to NEVER abandon his Church, even if freaks take over the Vatican. Mt 28:20

Frankly, I feel I am missing some of the proverbial puzzle pieces needed to make sense of it all----- but I do know the Vatican was taken over by anti-Christian people. I've read plenty of books on this, written by reliable people.

Last edited:
This Jean person does mention the infiltration of the Church by anti-Christs.

I guess that was the reason she became Sede

This is the confusing part: If that happend and we know it did

we KNOW that

Then... well, again, Christ said his church would NOT fail... I guess that's the end of the problem?

There is a TLM about 45 miles from me but it's getting near impossible to find a Sede, SSPX or FFSP in less than a three hour drive.

Bummer.

There is a TLM about 45 miles from me but it's getting near impossible to find a Sede, SSPX or FFSP in less than a three hour drive.

Bummer.

Well, I am not sure it is necessary to go to such trouble, especially since it looks like the Real PResence is still there in NO Churches. OK, wait... I KNOW the RP is there in some Churches, just not sure of all of them. God knows. But I suspect the RP is there in all of them to one degree or another.

That said, I myself would prefer to go to one of those more orthodox (generically speaking) Churches.

There is some missing piece of the puzzle... can't put it into words yet... but all this division is not good (is all I know w/ certainty). There was to be ONE Church. Jesus prayed to the Father right b4 His Passion, that we would all be ONE.

And we see how "one" we are, don't we?

:uhoh3: :(

Well, I am not sure it is necessary to go to such trouble, especially since it looks like the Real PResence is still there in NO Churches. OK, wait... I KNOW the RP is there in some Churches, just not sure of all of them. God knows. But I suspect the RP is there in all of them to one degree or another.

That said, I myself would prefer to go to one of those more orthodox (generically speaking) Churches.

There is some missing piece of the puzzle... can't put it into words yet... but all this division is not good (is all I know w/ certainty). There was to be ONE Church. Jesus prayed to the Father right b4 His Passion, that we would all be ONE.

And we see how "one" we are, don't we?

:uhoh3: :(

Don't know if you saw this. On Bergoglio's birthday, lightning struck the statue of St. Peter in Bergoglio's diocese in Buenos Aires.

This says something.

Don't know if you saw this. On Bergoglio's birthday, lightning struck the statue of St. Peter in Bergoglio's diocese in Buenos Aires.

This says something.

There's a message in a square that blocks one from reading the whole article.

But yeh, that's weird.

The only One who can control lightning is God (but the dims are working on stuff) :uhoh3: :rolleyes:

I can't remember where on the internet I got this article or the last name of the person who wrote it. Her name was Jean something.

I read through it once but didn't get half as much out of it as I did the 2nd reading. I don't know why... just a mood I was in, but the 2nd reading kind of hit me like a ton of bricks... strange how that goes but anyhow..

She listened to the Sedevacantists (those who say the Chair of St Peter [at the Vatican] is vacant and has been since Pius XII died) and went along with everything they said because it was so logical. That's where I myself am at... it is VERY logical, everything they say. But she and yours truly believe they are nonetheless in error. (I know: Who isn't?)

Well, I wish I had the highlighted copied version with me but I don't. I'll try to remember what really struck me the most.

She says, for one, that the Trad Mass or Mass of All Times codified by St Pius V around the time (era) of the Council of Trent was not always THE Mass that Catholics faithfully adhered to. I did not know that. That was not one of the biggest reasons, however, for leaving the novus ordo Church (for me, anyway). I mean, that Mass WAS codified by a SAINT pope... so I have ZERO problem with the Sedes sticking to that Mass.

So apparently this, following, is what caused her to finally leave the Sede Church: Some Cardinals at the time of Vatican II put together some statement and took it to the other Cardinals at V2, asking them to sign it. It said that the "pope" (Paul VI, I believe) was a heretic and (if I recall) the V2 Council should be renounced.

Not one of the Cardinals signed it.

I didn't know that either (and had not focused on it the first time reading through her story).

That is or appears to be a big deal, but I am not sure it is. If all 100 of 100 people believe something, that does not make it true, obviously. Or as the old rock song put it "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong."

She says that the Sedes don't produce good fruit, their priests don't answer the phone or emails, and this knowing that many people live nowhere near their churches. She says they don't evangelize, are "exclusive" and uncharitable and think themselves superior to others who don't understand what they understand. I have had the same thoughts but that also is no reason to leave the Church (Sede or novus ordo) IMO.

The reason I always thought I had to leave the modern Church was that the Vatican was taken over some 65 years ago by anti-Christs and installed fake popes or popes who could be molded into their liberal image. And yet maybe that is not even a reason to leave? After all, Jesus promised to NEVER abandon his Church, even if freaks take over the Vatican. Mt 28:20

Frankly, I feel I am missing some of the proverbial puzzle pieces needed to make sense of it all----- but I do know the Vatican was taken over by anti-Christian people. I've read plenty of books on this, written by reliable people.
Well the friend of Malachi Martin (3 PhDs for MM) did not leave the Church, Dr Wolfgang Smith. The Roman law that was the basis for Canon Law contains the principle that a ruler cannot bind his successor. So, one can not 'like' Pope Francis and yet still acknowledge him as legitimate Pope. After 2000 years there really are few secret innovations :)

Forum List

Back