Zone1 The Catholic Church is not evil.. not part of the anti-Christ system to come

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
OK, we have to define Catholic Church. There's the novus ordo branch and the SSPX and the Sedevacantists. I am a sede, which means I say the Chair of St Peter is vacant (has been for decades) but that doesn't mean that the novus ordo is totally sold out to Satan...

Oh, wait... maybe it is at the top, at the Vatican? I don't know. All I know is there are a lot of really hideous things going on in the Church, but Jesus promised He would never leave us an that the gates of Hell would NOT prevail over His Church.

People who act like the CC has some huge part in the Antichrist prophesized... they just don't know what they're talking about. I do believe that there will be a confederation of "churches" in that time period.. and some members will be Catholics, maybe even a fake pope..

Which Catholics murdered Protestants? ... because that's Satanic ... now I didn't say they are the Devil, just they do devilish things ... I believe the correct allegory is the Catholic Church is the Great Whore Babylon, selling the Word of God much like a prostitute sells her body ...

I forgive Catholics ... as I need so much forgiveness from them ...

The Catholic Church stands against ”gay marriage” and abortion, while most Protestants promote that Satanic crap.

OK, we have to define Catholic Church. There's the novus ordo branch and the SSPX and the Sedevacantists. I am a sede, which means I say the Chair of St Peter is vacant (has been for decades) but that doesn't mean that the novus ordo is totally sold out to Satan...

Oh, wait... maybe it is at the top, at the Vatican? I don't know. All I know is there are a lot of really hideous things going on in the Church, but Jesus promised He would never leave us an that the gates of Hell would NOT prevail over His Church.

People who act like the CC has some huge part in the Antichrist prophesized... they just don't know what they're talking about. I do believe that there will be a confederation of "churches" in that time period.. and some members will be Catholics, maybe even a fake pope..
The problem is in your interpretation of Christ's Church that was left to Peter. Satan would never prevail in the long run. But, that doesn't mean the Catholic Church is any part of the Church that Jesus gave for Peter to be the Prophet and President of the Church on the earth. See, the Church actually is ran in Heaven with Christ still. So, when the people and leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ apostasicized, the Church was taken from the earth and kept in heaven until the times of restitution of all things, which is these latter days. All churches established during that time are not of the Church of Jesus Christ. They are churches of men and women.

Which Catholics murdered Protestants? ... because that's Satanic ... now I didn't say they are the Devil, just they do devilish things ... I believe the correct allegory is the Catholic Church is the Great Whore Babylon, selling the Word of God much like a prostitute sells her body ...

I forgive Catholics ... as I need so much forgiveness from them ...
I've known a lot of Catholics in my time. Their sins (evil) are virtually nothing compared to those of non-Catholics. I had nothing but problems w/ the parent who was not Catholic. The one who was happened to be fairly NORMAL

The problem is in your interpretation of Christ's Church that was left to Peter. Satan would never prevail in the long run. But, that doesn't mean the Catholic Church is any part of the Church that Jesus gave for Peter to be the Prophet and President of the Church on the earth. See, the Church actually is ran in Heaven with Christ still. So, when the people and leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ apostasicized, the Church was taken from the earth and kept in heaven until the times of restitution of all things, which is these latter days. All churches established during that time are not of the Church of Jesus Christ. They are churches of men and women.
The Catholic Church is the ONLY Church that can be traced back to the FIRST century (not the 16th century when Luther came along or the 18th when Joseph Smith came along)

Try disputing history. Good luck with that one

The Catholic Church is the ONLY Church that can be traced back to the FIRST century (not the 16th century when Luther came along or the 18th when Joseph Smith came along)

Try disputing history. Good luck with that one
No it can't. Heck, every Protestant Church on the Planet could do the same thing as well as the Greek Orthodox church as well. Heck, with your definition, any offshoot of the apostles or Mary could start their own church and call it the true church. And, many did. It isn't about tracing anything. It's about what happened between the end of the Apostles, the reason why Apostles ended and then when the Lord opened back up communication with mankind. Paul wrote that there would be an apostacy. That the Word of God would stop being transmitted from God to mankind. No time limit was given.

What happened is God stopped communicating when the bishops became corrupted as the Apostles died off. They lost the gift of the Holy Ghost and began to pollute the doctrine and ordinances of the Gospel. That's why Constantine brought together bishops to try and save what they had. But, as time moved on, more and more of the doctrines were lost or changed. So were the ordinances and the Priesthood Authority was lose. What happened to the Priesthood after the orders of Melchizedek and Aaron? It's gone from your Church. Disappeared and changed! Apostacy. So, a restoration was necessary when the Godhead decided it had been long enough and the timing was right and the place was right to restore the Church again from heaven to earth. The Constitution of the United States with the 1st Amendment was inspired of God for this purpose.

No it can't. Heck, every Protestant Church on the Planet could do the same thing as well as the Greek Orthodox church as well. Heck, with your definition, any offshoot of the apostles or Mary could start their own church and call it the true church
After reading this much, it seems to me that you don't know history well, the history of Christ's Church.

In any case there is ONLY ONE Church, no matter what humans want to call their little communities. There is the baptist church, the methodist church, the JW church and none of them is the ONE Christ founded. He did not say "I will build my ChurchES [plural]".. nope, He said he would build His CHURCH, singular. ONE

Jesus is not confused. Man is.

After reading this much, it seems to me that you don't know history well, the history of Christ's Church.

In any case there is ONLY ONE Church, no matter what humans want to call their little communities. There is the baptist church, the methodist church, the JW church and none of them is the ONE Christ founded. He did not say "I will build my ChurchES [plural]".. nope, He said he would build His CHURCH, singular. ONE

Jesus is not confused. Man is.
As You said, Jesus Christ started His Church by calling Apostles which are also Prophets. Jesus earlier said in Amos that he only reveals his secrets (doctrines, ordinances, authority) to his Prophets. When it comes to doctrines, ordinance and authority any bishop, priest, deacon can only make changes to doctrines, ordinances and authority (Priesthood) through Prophets (Apostles) The last Apostle was John. At that point, it doesn't matter who the bishops were at the time, they had no more authority to perform another baptism, let alone other ordinances of Christ's doctrine. Bishops have no authority on their own to make any changes. In fact, their spiritual connection to God became dead.

I am glad that Constantine gathered the apostate bishops together who had the Gospels and writings of the Apostles. They were able to put together the Bible so that we have the blueprints for Christ's true Church. The Catholic Church doesn't resemble the blueprints in the Bible. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only Church on the face of the earth that does starting with the Name of the Church, the Orders of the Priesthood (Melchizedek and Aaron) and just about everything else including Temple work with things like Baptisms for the Dead. 1Corinthians 15:29.

And, to point out again, All the churches that splintered out as not all the bishops remained in line with the bishops of Rome can also claim original ownership of the RCC can too. And, all the churches that left the RCC can therefore claim succession from Peter. And, for the most part, each of them do just that. So, "Succession" is not a verifiable method to prove "true church" status. All history teaches is there are thousands of branches from 2,000 years ago and that the world has been in a state of apostasy for most of that time.

Forum List

Back