Traded My Android For An iPhone. Big Mistake!

ActionJackson

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2023
Utah
Due to the fact that my company does a lot of group texts and everyone else has an iPhone ... I finally felt pressured to trade my good, easy-to-use Android for an iPhone today. God help me! Nothing operates the same, and everything is 50 times more complicated. I can't get Zedge wallpaper to work, nor can I change my ringtones to the ones Zedge offers. My home screen has apps that Apple chooses, and I'm not able to put the apps on the home screen that I want. The default home screen looks gay. I wish I had just stuck to the tried and true Android. I'll switch back in a year or two.

Yep. I've always had Android.

All the people I've worked with, and even some friends have the shittastick iPhone, and do nothing but complain about them.

Constant "bugs"
Constant viruses
So much bloatware you cannot get rid of
Easy to hack
Phone screen scratches and cracks SOOO easily
Expensive to repair
Expensive accessories
Expensive to buy
Loaded with government spyware
Helping keep a communist company in business

desktop-wallpaper-android-vs-ios-for-android-android-vs-apple.jpg

Due to the fact that my company does a lot of group texts and everyone else has an iPhone ... I finally felt pressured to trade my good, easy-to-use Android for an iPhone today. God help me! Nothing operates the same, and everything is 50 times more complicated. I can't get Zedge wallpaper to work, nor can I change my ringtones to the ones Zedge offers. My home screen has apps that Apple chooses, and I'm not able to put the apps on the home screen that I want. The default home screen looks gay. I wish I had just stuck to the tried and true Android. I'll switch back in a year or two.
So...you fell for peer pressure.

Not exactly. We have group chats that only work correctly if everyone has an iPhone. So I switched more for technical reasons than anything but there was also some pressure from management. Not exactly "peer pressure."

You need to get them to switch to Android.

I would have made THEM buy me a government spyware phone if they wanted me to have one. I'm not wasting my hard earned money on that crap.

You need to get them to switch to Android.

I would have made THEM buy me a government spyware phone if they wanted me to have one. I'm not wasting my hard earned money on that crap.
Fortunately, I traded in my Samsung S21 Ultra (I think that's what it was called) for a small, iPhone 14. It was almost an even trade. I wasn't that worried about the money. It's the horrible functionality that I hate the most. I may just get a second phone. The iPhone for work and an Android for personal use.

Our Iphones (13/13+) we bought last fall are great! Easy to use, very dependable, naturally somewhat resistible to the elements, especially in the Otterbox covers we put on them, so probably fine even if falling in the pool, as PJ dropped one of her earlier models in the ocean on vacation, and it came out fine. The apps work great, clean down to tuning my guitar, facial recognition security works smoothly unless I am wear tinted polarized ski goggles and "Hey Siri" works easily from across any room. I'm not stuck with a "gay home screen. Mine looks like this, taken on the Iphone a couple of months back, on a ski trip near you, on a cool crisp 14 degree day.

Good luck. Maybe you'll get used to yours and customize to your tastes.:cool:

Attachments

• 1682191194038.jpeg
    1682191194038.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 6
I just bought an iPhone 13 mini and like it. I miss a few things from my iPhone 8, which worked great, but was not 5G. It's very easy to delete or remove any apps on your phone, just hold your finger down until they all start to wiggle. Then hold and drag to whatever screen you want. When they are wiggling you can also click the 'x' on them to delete. I would recommend you put similar apps in a folder on your main screen, it makes it easier to find them. For example, I have a folder titled 'Google' and all Google based apps on it, like Google, Google Maps, Google authenticator, and a few others. Another folder for all my sports related apps, etc.

My wallpaper is a picture I took of downtown Chicago last summer and changed it to sepia tint and it looks like something from another century.

Our Iphones (13/13+) we bought last fall are great! Easy to use, very dependable, naturally somewhat resistible to the elements, especially in the Otterbox covers we put on them, so probably fine even if falling in the pool, as PJ dropped one of her earlier models in the ocean on vacation, and it came out fine. The apps work great, clean down to tuning my guitar, facial recognition security works smoothly unless I am wear tinted polarized ski goggles and "Hey Siri" works easily from across any room. I'm not stuck with a "gay home screen. Mine looks like this, taken on the Iphone a couple of months back, on a ski trip near you, on a cool crisp 14 degree day.

Good luck. Maybe you'll get used to yours and customize to your tastes.:cool:
I'd be happy if I could "customize" to my tastes. I downloaded a Zedge wallpaper, then turned into a huge blur. The worst thing is that Apple has chosen which apps show up on my main screen/home screen. I would like to remove THEIR choices and exchange them for MY choices. I use WhatsApp a lot, but I have to scroll to a different screen to use it. I'd rather have it on my home screen, so I don't have to search for it all the time. I'd like to have my bank app on the home screen, but that's a "no go" for some reason. Infuriating!

I just bought an iPhone 13 mini and like it. I miss a few things from my iPhone 8, which worked great, but was not 5G. It's very easy to delete or remove any apps on your phone, just hold your finger down until they all start to wiggle. Then hold and drag to whatever screen you want. When they are wiggling you can also click the 'x' on them to delete. I would recommend you put similar apps in a folder on your main screen, it makes it easier to find them. For example, I have a folder titled 'Google' and all Google based apps on it, like Google, Google Maps, Google authenticator, and a few others. Another folder for all my sports related apps, etc.

My wallpaper is a picture I took of downtown Chicago last summer and changed it to sepia tint and it looks like something from another century.
Thanks. I've deleted a ton of unnecessary apps. But the ones I want to keep and use are on other screens, so I have to constantly swipe my phone to search for them. It's just not nearly as user-friendly as Android is. With Android ... you can press on an app then slide it to wherever you want and set it in position. So all of my favorite apps were at the bottom of my home screen. Easy access and they didn't hide my wallpaper.

I switched to Apple products years ago.
While yes it takes a bit of getting used to I found it to be far more intuitive.
And in some cases they're more expensive but they work together seamlessly.
Buy a new laptop...Boom it connects by itself as do the earbuds and any other Apple product.
Not to mention the lack of viruses,I've never had a virus on an Apple product.....Ever!

Yep. I've always had Android.

All the people I've worked with, and even some friends have the shittastick iPhone, and do nothing but complain about them.

Constant "bugs"
Constant viruses
So much bloatware you cannot get rid of
Easy to hack
Phone screen scratches and cracks SOOO easily
Expensive to repair
Expensive accessories
Expensive to buy
Loaded with government spyware
Helping keep a communist company in business

desktop-wallpaper-android-vs-ios-for-android-android-vs-apple.jpg

Viruses?
I've never had a virus on any of my Apple products....Ever.

Switched APPL to Samsung Flip4 last DEC. Koreans are very smart and I dont do homeO. Not to mention Silicon Valley siding up with Marxism. I get out when I can. Despise APPL, Google etc. For what they have done to this Country.

That said....i am on the phone now but i usually use the work PC. I dont use phone much.

Fortunately, I traded in my Samsung S21 Ultra (I think that's what it was called) for a small, iPhone 14. It was almost an even trade. I wasn't that worried about the money. It's the horrible functionality that I hate the most. I may just get a second phone. The iPhone for work and an Android for personal use.

Again, if the company wants me to have something, THEY MUST BUY IT.
It is not MY place to be purchasing COMPANY TECH. Nor is it MY responsibility to pay for the use and operation of company tech.

I switched to Apple products years ago.
While yes it takes a bit of getting used to I found it to be far more intuitive.
And in some cases they're more expensive but they work together seamlessly.
Buy a new laptop...Boom it connects by itself as do the earbuds and any other Apple product.
Not to mention the lack of viruses,I've never had a virus on an Apple product.....Ever!
I was able to figure out a couple of the issues I was having earlier. I despise the Apple company as much as I do Google. If I didn't manage a welding supply store and if I didn't have a thousand customers and if I didn't have to participate in those time-consuming and generally fruitless meetings ... I wouldn't have a phone at all. But since I'm pretty much obligated to ... I may as well try to make the best of it.

My secret fantasy? To live in a cabin 200 miles from the nearest town. Near a pristine water source. A greenhouse; solar power set up; some chickens, goats, and rabbits; and a couple of good watch dogs. Heaven on earth.

Those are two if the biggest reasons I am an Apple guy. MacBook, watch, and iPhone. They all work together seamlessly, and they all update together, what I have on one, I have on all.

I was able to figure out a couple of the issues I was having earlier. I despise the Apple company as much as I do Google. If I didn't manage a welding supply store and if I didn't have a thousand customers and if I didn't have to participate in those time-consuming and generally fruitless meetings ... I wouldn't have a phone at all. But since I'm pretty much obligated to ... I may as well try to make the best of it.

My secret fantasy? To live in a cabin 200 miles from the nearest town. Near a pristine water source. A greenhouse; solar power set up; some chickens, goats, and rabbits; and a couple of good watch dogs. Heaven on earth.

Oh I get it...
I didnt want to make the switch but after constant problems I decided to give Apple a chance.
I choked on the price of a Apple Macbook Pro at $2400 bucks but over time I realized why so many people like them.
I gave the Wife my old MacBook and got a new one and now she's hooked on em as well.
They just work! No viruses and no problems.
I'll never go back.

Forum List

Back