Top story in a liberal blog: how to tell if someone stole gas from your car?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Good God we live in a nation of idiots from the link

How to tell if you're a victim
AAA acknowledged the concern for customers and offered some tips on how to determine if you're a victim of gas theft.

You smell gas when you get to your vehicle
There's a puddle under your vehicle near the fuel tank
Your vehicle doesn't start
A fuel gauge is lower than you remember
The check engine light comes on

e9f32e7c8606fc6fafd04413947a5281fc80830d60818ac15a7624523ace892a_1.jpg

Do you think this is accurate? Automotive owner manuals have never told you how to do anything beyond routine maintenance. For that you had to purchase a shop manual. This has not changed.
Occupied my brother you used chiltons like I have, no?

A1N+F3TJ2xL.jpg

Occupied my brother you used chiltons like I have, no?

View attachment 616420
Yes, I've had one for every vehicle I ever owned. Had to buy it separately. I've run into this meme before and I wonder why anyone thought the owner's manual that comes with the car ever said anything about valve adjustment. The thing tells you what the knobs and the pedals do and that is all.

Yes, I've had one for every vehicle I ever owned. Had to buy it separately. I've run into this meme before and I wonder why anyone thought the owner's manual that comes with the car ever said anything about valve adjustment. The thing tells you what the knobs and the pedals do and that is all.
You miss the point, it's weird how it gets lost on some people

You miss the point, it's weird how it gets lost on some people
So what is the point? You have always needed a shop manual should you want to see how anything beyond routine maintenance is done. I get it you think people are stupider now but the overall complexity of modern life is now beyond anything a boomer ever had to put up with. Should any millennial need to know how to do anything they can access that information before any of us fogies can get our phone out of our pocket.

So what is the point? You have always needed a shop manual should you want to see how anything beyond routine maintenance is done. I get it you think people are stupider now but the overall complexity of modern life is now beyond anything a boomer ever had to put up with. Should any millennial need to know how to do anything they can access that information before any of us fogies can get our phone out of our pocket.
Pal,, I have been dealing with kids/ college educated kids for a long time, in my die cast shop in Milwaukee I am now dealing with illegal Mexican kids that I understand Spanish and can speak it. They are becoming to westernized and dumb as a box of rocks. It's like what the fuck dude? I thought at least illegal Mexicans kids worked on there cars and such to keep them running.

The only guys in my factory that know anything are the ones around my age 56 and older..

Pal,, I have been dealing with kids/ college educated kids for a long time, in my die cast shop in Milwaukee I am now dealing with illegal Mexican kids that I understand Spanish and can speak it. They are becoming to westernized and dumb as a box of rocks. It's like what the fuck dude? I thought at least illegal Mexicans kids worked on there cars and such to keep them running.

The only guys in my factory that know anything are the ones around my age 56 and older..
I know what you mean. I build beach houses and it's difficult to keep good people. If there were plenty of good young carpenters coming up I would be out of a job. Not going to condemn an entire generation for my problems though. If someone can figure out how to live without punishing their body and breaking their back I can't really fault that.

I know what you mean. I build beach houses and it's difficult to keep good people. If there were plenty of good young carpenters coming up I would be out of a job. Not going to condemn an entire generation for my problems though. If someone can figure out how to live without punishing their body and breaking their back I can't really fault that.
I know you and I are type just have to have patience they want to learn .. I just get frustrated explaing the simple things

I know you and I are type just have to have patience they want to learn .. I just get frustrated explaing the simple things
It's always been like that to certain extent. Young guys just want to draw their pay and look for pussy. I didn't really settle down and see myself as a professional until my thirties. Now I am a master woodworker but I was once just a dumbass kid that pounded nails until it was time to party.

It's always been like that to certain extent. Young guys just want to draw their pay and look for pussy. I didn't really settle down and see myself as a professional until my thirties. Now I am a master woodworker but I was once just a dumbass kid that pounded nails until it was time to party.
I really appreciate you for saying that.

Yes sir you probably are a master wood worker.

It takes along time for us in the trades to developed it a lot of fuck ups and then doing it right

I really appreciate you for saying that.

Yes sir you probably are a master wood worker.

It takes along time for us in the trades to developed it a lot of fuck ups and then doing it right
Like my dad once said: Showing up everyday on time is half of your job. No one expects some kid to know anything but reliability is something to be prized in an employee no matter their skill level.

Like my dad once said: Showing up everyday on time is half of your job. No one expects some kid to know anything but reliability is something to be prized in an employee no matter their skill level.
Thanks for that..

That's why I am starting to learn and calm down instead of being an asshole and now starting to teach so they can grow up and get pissed off about the younger generation..

So true my friend we are no different.

Thanks for this conversation

Forum List

Back