Top Sniper Rifles

In strictly my opinion, in order for a rifle to qualify as a sniper rifle, it has to have an effective range of at least 2000 meters. Now a days they make some of the sniper rifles that are semi-automatic but when I was a youngster, they used to strictly be bolt action. True sniper rifles do not have large magazine capacity so I doubt anyone is going to use a sniper rifle to do mass killing.

Sniper rifle draws sports oriented people because it is very challenging to learn to shoot. It is not easy to hit a target well over 1.5 KM. You have to learn to overcome things like wind, elevation, air density and even Earth's rotation. I think shooting with sniper rifle should be an Olympic sport.

As far as I am concerned, I do not hunt. I am a borderline vegetarian. I will never take a shot at an innocent creature which has done me no harm or means me no harm. My interest in guns is purely from the perspective of a sportsman.

I am not familiar with the details of what the rifle was - it may not be called a sniper rifle although that is what he was in the Navy - one of the top 5 in the world - here are quite a few rifles - some in the range of 20K to 25K and I am only giving you the link as a courtesy because you are obviously "out of the loop" on this information, Sunni man.
So where is the link?? ...... :cool:

I decided not to give you the other link. I just posted one that has a demo video included for you. This one lists for over $25,000.00 and it is for the inexperienced hunter.

In strictly my opinion, in order for a rifle to qualify as a sniper rifle, it has to have an effective range of at least 2000 meters. Now a days they make some of the sniper rifles that are semi-automatic but when I was a youngster, they used to strictly be bolt action. True sniper rifles do not have large magazine capacity so I doubt anyone is going to use a sniper rifle to do mass killing.

Sniper rifle draws sports oriented people because it is very challenging to learn to shoot. It is not easy to hit a target well over 1.5 KM. You have to learn to overcome things like wind, elevation, air density and even Earth's rotation. I think shooting with sniper rifle should be an Olympic sport.

As far as I am concerned, I do not hunt. I am a borderline vegetarian. I will never take a shot at an innocent creature which has done me no harm or means me no harm. My interest in guns is purely from the perspective of a sportsman.

Speaking of hunting. They have a ten point cross bow for hunters that takes 5 pounds of pressure to use. It's called a laser bow I believe. My friend was telling me about them as my husband is a hunter. I do know what you are talking about concerning wind, elevation, etc. as my friend told me about that - the qualifications to become a Navy Seal are some of the toughest. Many do not make it. These guys can read a map with a flashlight between their teeth underwater - take their weapons apart and put them back together again blindfolded. The training is very intense.

I believe it would be better to use a crossbow for hunting. I agree with you about the Olympic sport competition. It requires a tremendous amount of ability. No question about it, Vikrant. Interesting thread! Thanks and have a great evening!

This is a nice video which compares few sniper rifles.

atticusf said:
Of what value is a "sniper rifle" in a non-war zone? Gun cultists wonder why some of us find them a blight on society.

Multiple purposes:
  1. To kill big wild game from a distance so remote that it gives the hunter complete cover.
  2. To irritate the hell outta you and everyone else on the USMB who hates the Second Amendment. And/ or ...
  3. To scare the hell outta you.

In other words, to compensate. What I figured.

This is a nice video which compares few sniper rifles.

Of what value is a "sniper rifle" in a non-war zone? Gun cultists wonder why some of us find them a blight on society.

To make Progressives lose sleep at night when they contemplate eliminating the Second Amendment

The last thing that would intimidate those of us who think we need tougher restrictions, are yahoos smitten with "sniper/tactical" rifles so they can hide in the bushes and shoot someone in the back.

You some kind of metro sexual faggot boy?
But seriously..you dont see how hitting targets at great range could be fun,the challenge alone makes it worth doing.

I think it would be more of a challenge, fun, using a sling-shot or something rather than a lethal weapon marketed to yahoos as a "sniper rifle" or "tactical weapon." I think it would be fun to drive a car 150 mph on a winding road, but I think more of society than to do that. You gunners should too.

I have driven a sports car 160 mph. But I did so on a closed track.

Shooting a rifle at distances is a skill that borders on an art form. To be able to hold so still and so precisely that you can put a projectile that is less than 1/3 of an inch in diameter on a target that is 800 yards or 1,000 yards away takes physical skills, self-control, knowledge, and teh ability to judge the wind, the heat waves in the scope, and the ranges. Anyone who thinks you can just plop down money for a tuned rifle and shoot like a true sniper is sadly mistaken.

As for using these rifles to hunt, I do so on occasion. I have hunted coyote, deer and wild hog with my Springfield M1A. Even with the iron sights, the rifle is capable of such amazing accuracy if fed the right ammo.

I never quite understood how the democrats claimed they were looking out for woman's rights. There are over 50 million murdered babies in the USA - thanks to planned parenthood and who knows how many girls and women who have been scarred for life, committed suicide over aborting their children, the damage done has been so great there are no words - our very future was murdered in those "death clinics". Incredibly naive for him to mention the denial of women's rights. Considering the damage his party has done to women and children. imo.

That price is for the scope.........not the rifle. ........ :eusa_liar:

Well, without a scope/lens, a sniper rifle is worth crap. You cannot even effectively see a target without a scope which is about 2000 meters away from you let alone hit it. :)

We need a thread for the "bottom" sniper rifles.

Starting with...

images

But be careful... you'll put somebody's eye out.

I have a dear friend who is a retired navy seal commando - he was the 5th top sniper in the world. He told me he had been given an offer to buy a sniper rifle from a local where we live for $28,000.00 but he didn't buy it. I was amazed that they could cost that much! Who knew?
Your so called friend (if he even exists) is full of BS

He isn't a Navy Seal........although he may have seen a seal once at the local zoo. .... :lol:

No sniper rifle costs $28,000 unless it's gold plated. ..... :cuckoo:

I am not familiar with the details of what the rifle was - it may not be called a sniper rifle although that is what he was in the Navy - one of the top 5 in the world - here are quite a few rifles - some in the range of 20K to 25K and I am only giving you the link as a courtesy because you are obviously "out of the loop" on this information, Sunni man.

I'm giving you this link instead - this is called a smart rifle - a trackingpoint-rifle sniper - still comes under category of sniper - it's listed for over $25,000.00 but I doubt it is what he was looking at though.
Smart rifle means hunters never miss - Video - Technology - Innovation

If your friend was Chris Kyle, I am sorry for your loss. He was an amazing man.

If not, I would question the validity of your friend's claim. There are a lot of fake navy SEALs out there. I have known many SEAL and UDT divers. I never knew one who would brag about being in the top 5 snipers in the world. If anything, they are understated and reluctant to discuss things like that.

Well, without a scope/lens, a sniper rifle is worth crap. You cannot even effectively see a target which is about 2000 meters away from you without a scope let alone hit it. :)

oh. The humiliation of it all. I'm a woman so it was better for you to tell him. (it's bad enough)

Starting with...

images

That saying brings back happy memories, Mr. H. Thanks. (my grandmother used to say that!)

Well, without a scope/lens, a sniper rifle is worth crap. You cannot even effectively see a target which is about 2000 meters away from you without a scope let alone hit it. :)

oh. The humiliation of it all. I'm a woman so it was better for you to tell him. (it's bad enough)

Starting with...

images

That saying brings back happy memories, Mr. H. Thanks. (my grandmother used to say that!)

It is just common sense.

Well, without a scope/lens, a sniper rifle is worth crap. You cannot even effectively see a target without a scope which is about 2000 meters away from you let alone hit it. :)

Not necessarily. Not all sniper work is done at 2000 meters. There is plenty of good sniper work done with iron sights at 200, 300 and even 600 yards. Optics are important, no doubt. And good optics cost good money. But people are still doing some excellent shooting without optics.

Not necessarily. Not all sniper work is done at 2000 meters. There is plenty of good sniper work done with iron sights at 200, 300 and even 600 yards. Optics are important, no doubt. And good optics cost good money. But people are still doing some excellent shooting without optics.

Of course ...

L115A3 holds the world record by successfully hitting the target at 2,475 meters. It uses .338 Lapua Magnum cartridges. Imagine what kind skill and practice, it must have taken to achieve that.

1920px-L115A3_sniper_rifle.jpg

640px-.338_Lapua_Magnum_vs_.338_Norma_Magnum.jpg

Obviously you don't shot.

Because if you did.......you wouldn't have made such an ignorant statement. ...... :cool:

Forum List

Back