Top Sniper Rifles

I have a dear friend who is a retired navy seal commando - he was the 5th top sniper in the world. He told me he had been given an offer to buy a sniper rifle from a local where we live for $28,000.00 but he didn't buy it. I was amazed that they could cost that much! Who knew? I am forever thankful for meeting him as he has been a great blessing to my husband and I. Much of what he shared about warfare strategies,etc with regards to his training were things I could apply to spiritual warfare - the similarities are remarkable! I learned a great deal from him.

^ Is there an international tournament which ranks the top snipers of the world?

Sig Sauer Tactical 2

Sweeeeet

-Geaux

Sig.jpg

This is a nice video which compares few sniper rifles.

atticusf said:
Of what value is a "sniper rifle" in a non-war zone? Gun cultists wonder why some of us find them a blight on society.

Multiple purposes:
  1. To kill big wild game from a distance so remote that it gives the hunter complete cover.
  2. To irritate the hell outta you and everyone else on the USMB who hates the Second Amendment. And/ or ...
  3. To scare the hell outta you.

In other words, to compensate. What I figured. I guess gun marketeers know that marketing them as "big game rifles" ain't sexy enough to sell very many. Let's call them "sniper rifles" or "tactical rifles,"and the gun cultists will drool over them.

A guns a gun and a very effective tool

-Geaux

I have a dear friend who is a retired navy seal commando - he was the 5th top sniper in the world. He told me he had been given an offer to buy a sniper rifle from a local where we live for $28,000.00 but he didn't buy it. I was amazed that they could cost that much! Who knew?
Your so called friend (if he even exists) is full of BS

He isn't a Navy Seal........although he may have seen a seal once at the local zoo. .... :lol:

No sniper rifle costs $28,000 unless it's gold plated. ..... :cuckoo:

Of what value is a "sniper rifle" in a non-war zone? Gun cultists wonder why some of us find them a blight on society.

The value is the price the consumer is willing to pay.

Now here's another hot Sig snipe-

Sig Sauer SSG 3000 - Sniper Central

Sig Sauer SSG 3000

ssg3000-1.jpg
Sig Sauer SSG 3000
Caliber:308 Win (7.62x51mm NATO)
Barrel:Heavy Contour
Barrel Length:23.6" (600mm) or 18.0" (458mm)
Twist:RH 1:11"
Weight (Rifle only, no mag):12.0 lbs (3.30 kg)
Overall Length:45" (1143mm)
Magazine:5 round detachable box
Trigger:Sig Sauer Two Stage
Stock:Sig Sauer composite stock
Metal Finish:Matte Bluing
Price:$1499 (2014 prices)

The Sig Sauer Company was founded in Switzerland way back in the 1850's and has been a long time manufacturer of pistols for the Swiss military as well as law enforcement agencies. The company is now headquartered in New Hampshire here in the USA but still has manufacturing facilities in Switzerland and Italy as well as here in the USA. Their pistols have had a stellar reputation for decades now and with such notable groups such as the US Navy SEALs, US Air Marshalls and others all using their firearms, their popularity and product line have been growing. The Sig Sauer rifles include several different lines such as their 5.56 and 7.62 combat rifles, Sauer hunting rifles, and Blaser rifles. For a long time a part of their rifle line has been the SSG 3000 sniper rifle, but the SSG 3000 has gone through some recent changes. One was that the production of the SSG 3000 was going to be moved from Germany, where many of the Sig firearms are manufactured, to the USA. This change of manufacturing location also included a change to the actual synthetic stock and one other major change, the price. The price on the SSG 3000 actually dropped from about $2500, to less than $1500 MSRP. This was a surprise and it meant that the SSG 3000 became a player in the low-mid range tactical rifles.

The Sig Sauer SSG 3000 comes in its own hard case from the factory with the typical assortment of new rifle documentation including an owner’s manual and warranty information as well as some minor spare parts, a nice tactical cleaning kit, various Allen wrenches for rifle maintenance and something we always like to see with a rifle, a factory test target fired at 100 meters. It is nice to see rifle manufacturers willing to stand behind their products and provide accuracy proof. Once the case was opened we began to take a more detailed look at the rifle itself and one thing that jumped out at us was that the barrel was labeled, "Made in Germany". Our understanding was that the new SSG 3000 would be manufactured in the USA, so we are assuming that Sig had some existing inventory they needed to clear out from the German made rifles and that eventually the manufacturing will move to the USA factory. There is another possibility is that the barreled actions will continue to be made in Germany and then final mating of the barreled actions to the stock will be, or is currently being done, in the USA. But since the test target was labeled in German and was shot at 100 meters and not yards, we concluded that this actual completed rifle was manufactured in Germany.

ssg3000.jpg

If you look at the image above, that image is of the original previous generation Sig Sauer SSG 3000, now compare that to the other images on this page of the current SSG 3000 and you will see some of the differences. The shape of the stock is similar, but with differences to include ventilation holes in the older stock, there were also auxiliary sights on the old rifle, but not the new. So there are definite differences between the old and new rifles and we will look at all of the details of the new rifle.

The stock on the new SSG 3000 is made of a type of Polymer, or hard plastic, but do not confuse this with a cheaper flexible plastic that one might find on the cheaper stocks from Remington, like on their SPS rifles, or even a Choate stock. The plastic/polymer is much more firm and solid and feels quiet durable. No it is not a laid up fiberglass stock like a McMillan or a composite Kevlar material like HS Precision, but it is solid and should hold up well. The buttstock itself has a rubber recoil pad but it also has a spacer system that allows for adjusting the length of pull by adding or removing spacers. Here at Sniper Central we tend to prefer spacer system setups versus the adjustable setups that use screws or knobs, the reason is because the spacer systems give a more solid foundation that is not going to move over time. Granted, they are much more difficult and time consuming to adjust the length of pull (LOP), but once set, there is no worry about them moving.

ssg3000-5.jpg

The SSG3000 also has an adjustable cheekpiece that adjusts up and down. The way the adjustment is made is by pressing in two buttons on either side of the lower portion of the cheekpiece itself. Both of these buttons need to be pressed simultaneously, which sometimes proved to be difficult. The buttons have a strong spring resistance and it can take some effort to get both of them pressed in fully in order to adjust the cheekpiece. They then have to continue to be held in while the cheekpiece is moved up or down. Once the buttons are released, they will lock into one of several grooves that will keep the cheekpiece from moving up or down. While it is somewhat of a pain to adjust, it is a solid cheekpiece that did not move during our testing once it was secured in place. We cannot say the same for the saddle style adjustable cheekpieces found on McMillan stocks.

Just behind the cheekpiece there are flush cup receivers on both sides of the stock and combined with the same flush cups up on the forearm, it allows the SSG3000 to be used with flush cup compatible slings, and we especially like the fact that they are on the left and right sides which allows for the rifle to lay flat on its side when slung on the back of an operator. Just one of those little things that you normally do not think about until you are operating out in the field and notice how the rifle slings comfortably. The first thoughts about the stock are that it is cheap, but once we started noticing some of these types of features and the fact that the stock is quiet solid, our opinion changed a bit.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I have a Remington 700 series with a serious scope. The longest range I know of here in Orlando is 300 yards. I hear they are building a new range in Kissimmee that will have a 1000 yard range. I can't wait!

atticusf said:

Multiple purposes:
  1. To kill big wild game from a distance so remote that it gives the hunter complete cover.
  2. To irritate the hell outta you and everyone else on the USMB who hates the Second Amendment. And/ or ...

In other words, to compensate. What I figured.

To make Progressives lose sleep at night when they contemplate eliminating the Second Amendment

The last thing that would intimidate those of us who think we need tougher restrictions, are yahoos smitten with "sniper/tactical" rifles so they can hide in the bushes and shoot someone in the back.

There were 800 people killed by bicycles in 2010, more than the number of people killed from 2000 to 2013 (418) from mass shootings.

There were also 26,009 deaths from “falling” in 2010 alone, once again outweighing tremendously the number of people killed from mass shootings.

Read more at The 2nd Amendment Could Be Safe Forever After What The FBI Just Revealed

Time for you to launch your quest to save us from evil bikes and ladders. DANGEROUS! ;P

I have a Remington 700 series with a serious scope. The longest range I know of here in Orlando is 300 yards. I hear they are building a new range in Kissimmee that will have a 1000 yard range. I can't wait!

That is what I'm working on too, a 700 ADL 30-06. Slowly but surely.

atticusf said:

Multiple purposes:

To make Progressives lose sleep at night when they contemplate eliminating the Second Amendment

The last thing that would intimidate those of us who think we need tougher restrictions, are yahoos smitten with "sniper/tactical" rifles so they can hide in the bushes and shoot someone in the back.

There were 800 people killed by bicycles in 2010, more than the number of people killed from 2000 to 2013 (418) from mass shootings.

There were also 26,009 deaths from “falling” in 2010 alone, once again outweighing tremendously the number of people killed from mass shootings.

Read more at The 2nd Amendment Could Be Safe Forever After What The FBI Just Revealed

Time for you to launch your quest to save us from evil bikes and ladders. DANGEROUS! ;P

Actually, I do work on behalf of bicyclists. I also am concerned about home-grown terrorists who are into tactical weapons, sniper rifles, etc. My experience is the vast majority are right wingers, much like the Bundy Ranch Militia or the Border Klan militias. I think society would be better off without allowing them to arm up, or contribute to the number of such weapons available to right wing terrorists and criminals.

And I think society would be safer with no sports cars, and all vehicles governed to 60 MPH...but that's not how freedom and liberty in America works.

What is a "sniper rifle"?

What is a "tactical weapon'?

A semi-automatic is a semi-automatic...sticking some polymer hand guards on it doesn't make it function any differently.

My grandads Remington 700 BDL 30-06 wood stocked and hand checkered gripped deer hunting rifle is EXACTLY the same rifle I have, except my rifle doesn't have a floor plate.

1966 700 BDL:

1948258_01_1966_remington_700_bdl_30_06_s_640.jpg

2014 Remington 700 ADL:
3574725_01_remington_700_combo_rifle_read_640.jpg

So, other than being black instead of wood, tell me the difference?

I have a dear friend who is a retired navy seal commando - he was the 5th top sniper in the world. He told me he had been given an offer to buy a sniper rifle from a local where we live for $28,000.00 but he didn't buy it. I was amazed that they could cost that much! Who knew?

He isn't a Navy Seal........although he may have seen a seal once at the local zoo. .... :lol:

And you'd be wrong. Think optics....

atticusf said:

Multiple purposes:

Actually, I do work on behalf of bicyclists. I also am concerned about home-grown terrorists who are into tactical weapons, sniper rifles, etc. My experience is the vast majority are right wingers, much like the Bundy Ranch Militia or the Border Klan militias. I think society would be better off without allowing them to arm up, or contribute to the number of such weapons available to right wing terrorists and criminals.

Well have no fear...because they are available to left wing terrorist as well.
You could have one to....if you weren't so terrirfied of guns.

Well have no fear...because they are available to left wing terrorist as well.
You could have one to....if you weren't so terrirfied of guns.

Not terrified of gunz, just the yahoos attracted to them. Heck, I was breaking down rifles and 1911s before you were born (even did the 1911s blind-folded). But, I grew up.

Just because you're old doesnt mean your smart.
I've been shooting guns and hunting for over forty years,and I sure as hell ain't changing my way of life because of some liberal panty waste. Not gonna happen.
As a matter of fact I've been considering getting a new long gun that'll really reach out there. But I'm gonna call it a sniper rifle just for you,and I'll get it in flat dark earth because those things look so tacticool.

And I think society would be safer with no sports cars, and all vehicles governed to 60 MPH...but that's not how freedom and liberty in America works.

What is a "sniper rifle"?

What is a "tactical weapon'?

A semi-automatic is a semi-automatic...sticking some polymer hand guards on it doesn't make it function any differently.

My grandads Remington 700 BDL 30-06 wood stocked and hand checkered gripped deer hunting rifle is EXACTLY the same rifle I have, except my rifle doesn't have a floor plate.

1966 700 BDL:

1948258_01_1966_remington_700_bdl_30_06_s_640.jpg

2014 Remington 700 ADL:
3574725_01_remington_700_combo_rifle_read_640.jpg

So, other than being black instead of wood, tell me the difference?

Ask your gun buddies what a sniper or tactical rifle is, they are the ones that started this thread using the term "sniper rifle" and images that are labeled as "tactical weapons." Of course, we both know that marketeers use those terms to get you guys excited and drooling over their weapons, so you just have to have a few.

I just told you.

There is no difference between my Remington 700 30-06 and my Grandad's Remington 700 30-06 that isn't 100% cosmetic.

Except that I didn't buy mine to hunt with. I hunt with a 30-30.

I bought it primarily to long range target shoot...firstly to see if I had the knowledge to build a low budget 1000 yard rifle, and secondly to determine if I had the skill to make 1000 yard shots. And maybe one day I'll go hunt out West, where long distance shooting is the norm.

Why would anyone (you) want to infringe on my ability to pursue my hobby?

Not terrified of gunz, just the yahoos attracted to them. Heck, I was breaking down rifles and 1911s before you were born (even did the 1911s blind-folded). But, I grew up.

Our Founding Fathers used guns to fight The Throne and give us our freedom.

But I guess that, according to you, they weren't "grown up".

Frick'n retard.

I am not familiar with the details of what the rifle was - it may not be called a sniper rifle although that is what he was in the Navy - one of the top 5 in the world - here are quite a few rifles - some in the range of 20K to 25K and I am only giving you the link as a courtesy because you are obviously "out of the loop" on this information, Sunni man.

I'm giving you this link instead - this is called a smart rifle - a trackingpoint-rifle sniper - still comes under category of sniper - it's listed for over $25,000.00 but I doubt it is what he was looking at though.
Smart rifle means hunters never miss - Video - Technology - Innovation

Last edited:

Forum List

Back