Too hot to work. No problem. Replace human workers with robots.

Heat ruins electronics ... inside your computer are several fans and several more heat sinks ... in some electronics, the power transistor heat sink is half the weight ... turn the A/C off in your robotic factory and see how quickly they burn up ...

“A secular increase in temperature is one more reason not to invest in labor,” he said. “That’s going to mean jobs are lost.”

computers kick my ass in chess already.

Robots and Computers are racist?
?

Taking jobs from the minority workers?
I'm not sure where you got that from the OP. But peace be unto you.

“A secular increase in temperature is one more reason not to invest in labor,” he said. “That’s going to mean jobs are lost.”

computers kick my ass in chess already.
they expect to have robots driving deisels across the country within ten years,they already did a test drive. what seemed like science fiction to us two years ago is hear now.

The biggest push for automation is people that (particularly younger ones) keep demanding more. More money, more vacation, more jobs they can do from home, more benefits, just more of everything. At some point companies will just say "why give them more? We invest in automation and over x amount of time we will pay less by using machines than giving under performing kids more". My wife is a benefits manager for a production company and for the last year has been having problems with people not wanting to come back to work, young people not wanting to work, and people wanting more.

Anyone who knows anything about running a business knows your number 1 expense is employees.

Used to people who didn't want to work hard either got an education or they worked hard to earn better positions. I started out where I am now as a maintenance tech, then I was promoted to building engineer, now I'm a chief engineer and it took 8 years but I make good money and I don't have to kill myself.

They are trying to replace life with technology. That they are trying to create these robots with a conscience. But in the Bible, God molded a images of Himself from red clay. But this corpse was a lifeless body until He given it a apart of himself that it became a living being.
The conscience only can come from God because it is God And without it that we will be like the animals.
The conscience is the life in a person that makes them able to think independently and gives each of them a unique character from the others.
But destroying the brain will be like destroying the control buttons that the conscience use to control the body. Just like a person whom is autistic. That they are alert, but unable to control the body functions because the controls are damage. That the conscience is barely able to make the body move or speak. But it can't make the body feel emotions because the button for that part is damaged. But the conscience is live and well inside of the body. But unable to express itself through the body.

But the body must have a conscience or it will be an empty vessel that any other entities can possess it.
That is why Jesus said that if you are not with Him, that you are against Him. Because if His' spirits is not in you that it is being occupied by another.

But it is still God's spirit that is keeping us alive until a certain time.

John 1:4
In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

Luke 11:26

Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.”

Heat ruins electronics ... inside your computer are several fans and several more heat sinks ... in some electronics, the power transistor heat sink is half the weight ... turn the A/C off in your robotic factory and see how quickly they burn up ...
Still though the future is in robotics.... And yes there is a very real possibility that the human workforce could be slowly but surely lumbering towards obsoletion. If done correctly robotics could become an extension of the human race with potential results beyond our wildest dreams up to an including improvement of everything that requires manual labor like agriculture for instance. But why do I just know that a few greedy people will ruin it for everybody and try to replace human workers with robots to increase the bottom line.

Jo

On another thread libs promote the idea of more US food production

but here they want less

go figure

Still though the future is in robotics.... And yes there is a very real possibility that the human workforce could be slowly but surely lumbering towards obsoletion. If done correctly robotics could become an extension of the human race with potential results beyond our wildest dreams up to an including improvement of everything that requires manual labor like agriculture for instance. But why do I just know that a few greedy people will ruin it for everybody and try to replace human workers with robots to increase the bottom line.

Jo
That's always the first step. Every modern invention was first adopted by someone to increase the bottom line. Do you believe Henry Ford had altruism in mind when he adopted the assembly line? Nope, he knew he could make more cars faster and sell more of them, thus increasing his bottom line. More cars made better was the just a result of that. Robotics WILL be adopted to increase the bottom line and the new labor world will go from there.

Forum List

Back