Zone1 Too Bad That God Promised No More Great Floods

Cute. Did you finish high school? We're you taught anything about tectonic plates or even geography?

Look here brother.

Let's suppose what you believe is right, there is no God and the universe is evolving.

You have a MAJOR problem on your hands.

Evolution teaches everything is changing. Time, space, and matter.

If everything is changing, that means the "truth" is changing also.

If the truth is changing, how can what you say be true?

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Look here brother.

Let's suppose what you believe is right, there is no God and the universe is evolving.

You have a MAJOR problem on your hands.

Evolution teaches everything is changing. Time, space, and matter.

If everything is changing, that means the "truth" is changing also.

If the truth is changing, how can what you say be true?

:eusa_whistle:

The Gilgamesh flood story is older. Have you read it?

It is ignorance, lies, and hypocrisy that are my windmills. Christianity is only one source but most on USMB seem to be Christians and I am constantly amazed how little Christians actually know about Christianity.
You should turn a mirror on yourself before you start throwing stones at others.

I already covered that. It was an allegorical account of an extraordinary flood event. Not an annual flood event.

It wasn't an annual event but it happened fairly often when snowmelt from the Zagros mountains combined with heavy spring rains. That's what built the delta south of Basra. That's why the river is so high in the spring and dried up so low by late summer.

This sinful world could use it.
Well....
We call it a rainbow....but most people don't understand that a bow....as in bow and arrow is a weapon. If it were being named today it likely would be called a rain gun instead of a rain bow. God did hang it up like a cherished weapon of old is in many homes. (Swords, shields, ancient firearms)

But His armory is hardly empty. (Where God stores his weapons)
Hail, earthquakes, plagues, famine, and especially fire are coming....just saying.

It wasn't an annual event but it happened fairly often when snowmelt from the Zagros mountains combined with heavy spring rains. That's what built the delta south of Basra. That's why the river is so high in the spring and dried up so low by late summer.
Call it what you want. It was not out of the norm. The account in Genesis was an extraordinary event.

That's why I'm here. Unfortunately some here only tell me I'm wrong and don't tell me why. Are you near a mirror?
Do I really need to tell you it's wrong to throw stones at others?

I don't need to look into a mirror to know who the antagonist is in our conversations.

So no link from geologists who claim this was the source of the flood narrative in Genesis?

Why would a geologist concern himself with a myth from Sumer?

Forum List

Back