Zone1 Too Bad That God Promised No More Great Floods

Why would a geologist concern himself with a myth from Sumer?

Why would you reference geologists in the first place.

Do you have tourette syndrome?

I get that you believe the flood account in Genesis is based upon a typical flood event. I don't believe it is. I believe it is based upon an extraordinary event and that's why it was noteworthy and passed down.

Geologists don't concern themselves with myths.
That's nice. You probably shouldn't have mentioned them then because I never disputed that there were annual flood events only that the flood event in Genesis wasn't a usual flood but a very unusual flood and that's why it was noteworthy and passed down orally for thousands of years after the fact. Now do you understand?

Water + rock + millions of years = Life.

OIP.Rml7w0zlMm29wZ1LiPMgpQAAAA

OIP.NCDdiksx9Uml7-tfQ-Iy8QHaEK

You like trying to move the goalposts, don't you?

No one said anything about life. Pangea was mentioned, and the millions of years it took for the continents to move. Nothing was said about the origins of life.

Look here brother.

Let's suppose what you believe is right, there is no God and the universe is evolving.

You have a MAJOR problem on your hands.

Evolution teaches everything is changing. Time, space, and matter.

If everything is changing, that means the "truth" is changing also.

If the truth is changing, how can what you say be true?

:eusa_whistle:

"Evolution teaches everything is changing. Time, space, and matter."

Evolution does NOT teach that everything is changing. It especially does not talk about time and space. The only matter is talks about is individual changes in a given species.

Why would you reference geologists in the first place.

Do you have tourette syndrome?

I get that you believe the flood account in Genesis is based upon a typical flood event. I don't believe it is. I believe it is based upon an extraordinary event and that's why it was noteworthy and passed down.

I've been to Iraq many times and I know how much oil exploration and core samples have been taken over the past 90 years. Which means geologists have tons of information about strata..so they know about the flood sediment.. The footprint in the Euphrates river Basin. It's 150 miles wide and 350 miles to the south. There weren't bad floods every year, but often enough.

Do I really need to tell you it's wrong to throw stones at others?
Is judging the words and actions of others the same as throwing stones? If so you thrown your share at me.

I don't need to look into a mirror to know who the antagonist is in our conversations.
Takes two to tango but if you want a good example of antagonism just read your signature block.

I've been to Iraq many times and I know how much oil exploration and core samples have been taken over the past 90 years. Which means geologists have tons of information about strata..so they know about the flood sediment.. The footprint in the Euphrates river Basin. It's 150 miles wide and 350 miles to the south. There weren't bad floods every year, but often enough.
That has nothing to do with this conversation. Just like your comment about geologists had nothing to do with this conversation.

The allegory in the flood account suggests something beyond typical flooding.

Is judging the words and actions of others the same as throwing stones? If so you thrown your share at me.

Takes two to tango but if you want a good example of antagonism just read your signature block.
It is when you judge the person instead of the behavior.

How is my signature block antagonistic to you?

That has nothing to do with this conversation. Just like your comment about geologists had nothing to do with this conversation.

The allegory in the flood account suggests something beyond typical flooding.
Geology says otherwise.

It is ignorance, lies, and hypocrisy that are my windmills. Christianity is only one source but most on USMB seem to be Christians and I am constantly amazed how little Christians actually know about Christianity.

So it's your place, as a Godless ignoramus, to tell us what our religious beliefs are?

Is all of Humanity combined, in possession of enough capacity for mockery and ridicule, to adequately address your hubris and arrogance?

At least be assured that the great Laurence Tureaud has compassion for you. Everyone else just thinks you're an idiot.

And when did I do that?

Maybe when you label my beliefs 'irrational'. I tend to take that poorly. Should I not?
What's irrational is you wanting to argue about an interpretation of something you believe is a fairy tale - and don't believe - which is in diametric opposition to what the authors do believe who didn't believe what they wrote was a fairy tale. And you believe I should convince you that you are wrong.

Let me make this easy for you... if I believed your interpretation was correct, I wouldn't believe in God either. Now you can sleep better at night being secure in your own beliefs which are in reality beliefs about nothing.

Last edited:
Your faith is of no interest to me. On the other hand, I have rarely been impressed by the knowledge of Christianity possessed by most Christians. Sorry if that offends you.
That's odd because all you want to do is argue with Christians about their faith. So you saying his faith is of no interest to you would only be true if he practiced any religion other than Christianity.

What's irrational is you wanting to argue about an interpretation of something you believe is a fairy tale - and don't believe - which is in diametric opposition to what the authors do believe who didn't believe what they wrote was a fairy tale. And you believe I should convince you that you are wrong.
You told me I was wrong and refuse to say why. :banghead:

You told me I was wrong and refuse to say why. :banghead:
I did tell you why I wasn't going to discuss it with you. Your interpretation was wrong and it made no sense to waste my time arguing with you about it. If you want to take passages and conclude God condones violence and is unloving and uncaring based on texts written by people who believed the exact opposite and not take the time to discover why they believed that, I'm not going to waste my time with someone who will just dismiss everything I say. Your mind is made up. You just want a conflict.

Forum List

Back