Zone1 Too Bad That God Promised No More Great Floods

I think you mean to say they have a completely different opinion.

As for most religions were polytheistic, I think you mean to say they were polytheistic before monotheism became the dominant belief. I truly believe you don't know the first thing about polytheistic beliefs and why that view is no longer believed.
You mean except for the billion or so Hindus. Ironically, Muslims consider Christianity and its trinity a polytheistic religion.

I hear what you're saying but I still have a problem accepting it. I think people from all ages in all places have taken the same venture into the spiritual and, without any exceptions I'm aware of, have returned with a completely different answer.
The trouble might be In studying other people's experiences rather than seeking one's own. In what way did experiences differ? In what ways were they similar?

You mean except for the billion or so Hindus. Ironically, Muslims consider Christianity and its trinity a polytheistic religion.
Hindus - despite your belief - are not polytheists. Your ignorance on religious beliefs is astonishing.

You did say it. It was in the thread about St. Paul. I remember because you ran away after I called you out on it.
Another case where you make a claim and I have to prove it is true or not? No thanks. And I don't run away, life calls.

Another case where you make a claim and I have to prove it is true or not? No thanks. And I don't run away, life calls.
Then let me educate you on your ignorance.

"People often think that Hinduism is a polytheistic religion. They ask me, “Why do you have so many gods?”

Hindus worship one Supreme Being called Brahman though by different names. This is because the peoples of India with many different languages and cultures have understood the one God in their own distinct way.

Supreme God has uncountable divine powers. When God is formless, He is referred to by the term Brahman. When God has form, He is referred to by the term Paramatma. This is almighty God, whose three main forms are Brahma; the creator, Vishnu, the sustainer and Shiva, the destroyer.

Hindus believe in many Gods who perform various functions; like executives in a large corporation. These should not be confused with the Supreme God.

The unique understanding in Hinduism is that God is not far away, living in a remote heaven, but is inside each and every soul, in the heart and consciousness, waiting to be discovered. And the goal of Hinduism is knowing God in this intimate and experiential way.

Hinduism is both monotheistic and henotheistic. Hinduism is not polytheistic. Henotheism (literally “one God”) better defines the Hindu view. It means the worship of one God without denying the existence of other Gods. Hindus believe in the one all-pervasive God who energizes the entire universe. It is believed that God is both in the world and beyond it. That is the highest Hindu view.

Hinduism gives the freedom to approach God in one’s own way, encouraging a multiplicity of paths, not asking for conformity to just one. It allows people to believe in and pray to their own conceptualizations of the Divine in whatever form they choose, while at the same time elevating all of them to their ultimate reality, which is the singular omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient Divinity, who demands no allegiance, punishes no one for lack of belief, yet provides wisdom, comfort, compassion and freedom to those who seek it. All they need to do is look within, according to Ramdas Lamb, an associate professor at the University of Hawaii specializing in religious studies, mysticism, Indic religions, the interface between religions and society, and field studies.

The unchanging reality is, that God that exists in each individual as the Supreme, Changeless Divinity. In Sanskrit, this concept is “tattvamasi,” which can be translated as “You are that” or “That you are.”

Hindus believe in the formless Absolute Reality as God and also in God as personal Lord and Creator. This freedom makes the understanding of God in Hinduism, the oldest monotheistic religion.

Hinduism is also unique in saying that God can be experienced, and, in fact, that is the ultimate goal of one’s soul."

What do you have to say now, alang1216 ?

Then maybe you should study them to find out if they claim they are a revealed religion. I have. They don't.
That is important to you and absolutely irrelevant to me. So far as I can see, every religion begins as a cult within an established religion under a charismatic leader. That leader claims to know the mind of God/gods. Those cults eventually either become religions or die out.

You want me to prove that one too? Ok. Here it is.

This is America, I grew up with the assumption that God exists. Later, I found evidence He doesn't so I changed my beliefs. Since then, all the overwhelming evidence points to as single conclusion.

What do you have to say now?

Then let me educate you on your ignorance.

"People often think that Hinduism is a polytheistic religion. They ask me, “Why do you have so many gods?”

Hindus worship one Supreme Being called Brahman though by different names. This is because the peoples of India with many different languages and cultures have understood the one God in their own distinct way.

Supreme God has uncountable divine powers. When God is formless, He is referred to by the term Brahman. When God has form, He is referred to by the term Paramatma. This is almighty God, whose three main forms are Brahma; the creator, Vishnu, the sustainer and Shiva, the destroyer.

Hindus believe in many Gods who perform various functions; like executives in a large corporation. These should not be confused with the Supreme God.

The unique understanding in Hinduism is that God is not far away, living in a remote heaven, but is inside each and every soul, in the heart and consciousness, waiting to be discovered. And the goal of Hinduism is knowing God in this intimate and experiential way.

Hinduism is both monotheistic and henotheistic. Hinduism is not polytheistic. Henotheism (literally “one God”) better defines the Hindu view. It means the worship of one God without denying the existence of other Gods. Hindus believe in the one all-pervasive God who energizes the entire universe. It is believed that God is both in the world and beyond it. That is the highest Hindu view.

Hinduism gives the freedom to approach God in one’s own way, encouraging a multiplicity of paths, not asking for conformity to just one. It allows people to believe in and pray to their own conceptualizations of the Divine in whatever form they choose, while at the same time elevating all of them to their ultimate reality, which is the singular omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient Divinity, who demands no allegiance, punishes no one for lack of belief, yet provides wisdom, comfort, compassion and freedom to those who seek it. All they need to do is look within, according to Ramdas Lamb, an associate professor at the University of Hawaii specializing in religious studies, mysticism, Indic religions, the interface between religions and society, and field studies.

The unchanging reality is, that God that exists in each individual as the Supreme, Changeless Divinity. In Sanskrit, this concept is “tattvamasi,” which can be translated as “You are that” or “That you are.”

Hindus believe in the formless Absolute Reality as God and also in God as personal Lord and Creator. This freedom makes the understanding of God in Hinduism, the oldest monotheistic religion.

Hinduism is also unique in saying that God can be experienced, and, in fact, that is the ultimate goal of one’s soul."

What do you have to say now, alang1216 ?
If only life were so simple:
Hinduism incorporates diverse views on the concept of God. Different traditions of Hinduism have different theistic views, and these views have been described by scholars as polytheism, monotheism, henotheism, panentheism, pantheism, monism, agnostic, humanism, atheism or Nontheism.​

That is important to you and absolutely irrelevant to me. So far as I can see, every religion begins as a cult within an established religion under a charismatic leader. That leader claims to know the mind of God/gods. Those cults eventually either become religions or die out.
You believed Hindus were polytheists. Which I proved to you is false.

You believed you didn't state you have evidence that God doesn't exist. Which I proved to you is false.

I wonder what will be next.

Hinduism incorporates diverse views on the concept of God. Different traditions of Hinduism have different theistic views, and these views have been described by scholars as polytheism, monotheism, henotheism, panentheism, pantheism, monism, agnostic, humanism, atheism or Nontheism.​
You crack me up. I have Hindu friends. It kills you how similar the major religions are.

From your link.

Many forms of Hinduism believe in a monotheistic God, such as Krishna followers, Vedanta, Arya samaj, Samkhya school of Vedas etc, Many traditions within Hinduism share the Vedic idea of a metaphysical ultimate reality and truth called Brahman instead.

The concept of Brahman is still not polytheism. It is Henotheism (literally “one God”).

So you keep saying 1 billion Hindus are polytheists. And I'll keep point out how dishonest you are concerning religion.

Last edited:
I suspect she will need to put her finger into one of the holes left from the spikes before she accepts the divinity of Christ.

Read Isaiah all the way through. It doesn't change just for Isaiah 53.

Forum List

Back