Thousands in oil industry being discharged in massive lay off.

R

rdean

Baker Hughes To Lay Off 7 000 Workers Planning For Downturn

Oil services company Baker Hughes Inc. will lay off about 7,000 workers as it prepares for a downturn in orders because of the plunge in crude prices, the company said Tuesday.

The world's largest oil services provider, Schlumberger Ltd., said last week it would reduce its workforce by 9,000 employees.

----------------------------------------

And Republicans are screaming that we need Keystone so we wouldn't have to depend on foreign oil. I'm guessing many think Canada is a state. And Canada told us the Keystone would only create about 35 permanent jobs.

This is why Republicans should never be allowed anywhere near American economic policy. They show the same knowledge and aptitude when they leg Bin Laden go and invaded Iraq. Foreign, Domestic, scientific, it doesn't matter the policy, Republicans simply aren't capable of dealing with substantive issues. They don't have the knowledge or the experience.

Good grief. The oil still needs to get to the refineries. Keystone is just a pipeline you fucking moron rdean.

It's coming via pipeline, rail and truck. Just because oil prices are dropping doesn't mean that Americans are going to stop using the product.

Oil services company Baker Hughes Inc. will lay off about 7,000 workers as it prepares for a downturn in orders because of the plunge in crude prices, the company said Tuesday.

The world's largest oil services provider, Schlumberger Ltd., said last week it would reduce its workforce by 9,000 employees.

And Republicans are screaming that we need Keystone so we wouldn't have to depend on foreign oil. I'm guessing many think Canada is a state. And Canada told us the Keystone would only create about 35 permanent jobs.

This is why Republicans should never be allowed anywhere near American economic policy. They show the same knowledge and aptitude when they leg Bin Laden go and invaded Iraq. Foreign, Domestic, scientific, it doesn't matter the policy, Republicans simply aren't capable of dealing with substantive issues. They don't have the knowledge or the experience.
i have hand it to you dean....you can turn any story into a republican story....im beginning to think Frank is right about you,you are being paid......

Shale Oil/Gas were overhyped. The true costs were hidden and oil rigs grew as fast as possible just to keep the losses at bay.

At this point I am not sure who initiated the abrupt fall of the oil prices.

Was this Obama maneuvering to cause severe harm to Rusia, or was Rusia maneuvering Obama to make him think he would harm Rusia. Or was this only product of overproduction coupled with recesion?

The only true winner with this prices is China.

Shale continues to be an option if the prices stay above $80 per barrel.

I thought the low oil prices were a result of Obama's policies....
That's what the left here has been saying for some time now....
And they were pissed that the right hasn't thanked Obama for lowering prices.

Now rdrain, not only has the obomanation FUCKED the oil industry, but now the entire economy is going to take a hit over his policies!

American Express to cut more than 4,000 jobs over this year

cnbc ^
American Express said it plans to cut more than 4,000 jobs over the next year. A representative for the company told CNBC that it is planning to cut the jobs, but that this is only a gross figure, and that the firm will also continue to hire selectively in parts of the organization....

Another THANKS OBUMA for the great economy.....

Big layoffs planned at eBay [7% of the workforce]

CNN Money ^
Big layoffs are coming to eBay. The company is planning to slash 2,400 workers across the eBay and PayPal parts of the business. The cuts will impact 7% of the workforce. The layoffs will be made before the end of March. EBay said it was "simplifying organizational structures" in its quarterly earnings released Wednesday. A company spokesperson told CNNMoney that some of the cuts were to unfilled positions, but would not say how many....

This is why Republicans should never be allowed anywhere near American economic policy.

dear, you clean forgot to say why?? Want to try again

You said: dear, you clean forgot to say why?? Want to try again

Gladly. I'm almost embarrassed to have to explain the obvious. Almost.

Arabia is flooding the market with cheap oil. The last I heard it was 48 dollars a barrel. The last I heard, it costs almost 80 dollars to refine a barrel of Canada's foreign oil from their "sands". Ergo, massive layoffs.

Remember, Republicans tend to make money in only a few select ways. Mitt Romney makes his money by stealing people's pensions or shipping American jobs to China. Not every Republicans is in a position to do so much damage to the country. It takes groups.

Average Republicans in Red States generally farm or ranch. They grow stuff. Or, they dig for oil. Pay scientists and engineers to teach them how to frack. They don't really make all that much or do research or anything that help huge numbers of Americans. At least we can all agree on that. In fact, this is why they hate immigrants. Because Business wants the immigrants here and Republicans think those immigrants will take their jobs. Guess what? Republicans aren't qualified for those jobs. And why?

I could never make this stuff up. Republicans ALWAYS write the best material.

I thought the low oil prices were a result of Obama's policies....
That's what the left here has been saying for some time now....
And they were pissed that the right hasn't thanked Obama for lowering prices.
You said: I thought the low oil prices were a result of Obama's policies.

They are. Obama took the nation from being heavily dependent on foreign oil to the world's number one producer of oil. Now OPEC is freaking out. Throwing away their resources. Trying to drive American companies out of business. And they will. For a while. But that American oil isn't going away. The problem will be providing food stamps and welfare to all those Red States who will be suffering. Hopefully, some of them will get an education during their time unemployed. But probably not. You know how Republicans are. Lazy, fat, too busy whining to do anything really constructive.

Now rdrain, not only has the obomanation FUCKED the oil industry, but now the entire economy is going to take a hit over his policies!

cnbc ^
American Express said it plans to cut more than 4,000 jobs over the next year. A representative for the company told CNBC that it is planning to cut the jobs, but that this is only a gross figure, and that the firm will also continue to hire selectively in parts of the organization....

You said: Now rdrain, not only has the obomanation FUCKED the oil industry, but now the entire economy is going to take a hit over his policies!

Because Obama has so much influence over American Express. I'm sure the internet and email have nothing to do with it. Or automation. Wanna bet most of those dismissed are Republicans without skills?

Oil prices dropped and continue to drop because the Saudi's want to destroy our shale oil production.

You said: Oil prices dropped and continue to drop because the Saudi's want to destroy our shale oil production

Wow, look at that. We almost agree. They may put shale oil production on mothballs for a while, but while Arabia uses up their resources for a dime, our's remains mostly untouched.

cnbc ^

You said: Now rdrain, not only has the obomanation FUCKED the oil industry, but now the entire economy is going to take a hit over his policies!

Because Obama has so much influence over American Express. I'm sure the internet and email have nothing to do with it. Or automation. Wanna bet most of those dismissed are Republicans without skills?

What would it matter, it's Obuma's presidency, you claim he did in the oil industry, he's also doing in the rest of the economy....He even said so last night, I'm not running for another term (So I can fuck up America as I've always wanted to!)

Forum List

Back