This New Massachusetts Law Is Grossly Unfair To Employers

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016
A provision contained in a new law that will take effect July 1, 2018 in Massachusetts forbids employers from asking prospective employees for their salary history during the job interview process.

As any true conservative will tell you, this law gives the prospective employee an unfair advantage and could cheat the job creators out of profits. Such profits belong to the employer and upper management and must be protected. Employers must be permitted every tool to enable them to pay their workers as little as possible. After all, this is the United States where the free market commands and all employees are nothing more than mindless bodies to the companies that employ them.

Federal, state, and local governments are meant to serve the interests of Big Business and the fat cats who pay for the politicians’ campaigns. Regulations, when necessary, must be designed only to keep the working class powerless and under the thumb of the job creators.

This new Massachusetts law will make it far more difficult for job creators to limit the salaries they pay to the average workers. Even the worst MBA knows the most efficient method to assure profits is to continually cut costs. Cost cutting makes actual productivity secondary, and permits management to focus solely on next quarter’s profits and executive bonuses.

This new Massachusetts law can only give the working class in that state an overblown and undeserved sense of their own importance, and could set a dangerous precedence.

Massachusetts law bans one question from job interviews

I have never been asked about my salary history. What it does do, however, is make it harder for employers to know they need to keep up with the competition. They may not realize what prevailing rates are if they haven't hired someone in awhile. It is a stupid law, but it is also a stupid question.

The Great Goose says, “employers have the advantage in an interview. quit whinging.”

Whinging? Perhaps you meant whingeing.

You obviously misunderstood the tone of the OP. As any true conservative knows, employers must have every advantage, and the employees, none.

The Massachusetts law upsets this status quo, and will not be tolerated by right-wingers due to their unquestioning devotion to the well being of the job creators. The playing field cannot be level, for the good of the job creators.

As far as the knowledge of any job creator of the prevailing wage, the prevailing wage is irrelevant. According to the unwritten rules of conservatism, any prospective employee should be grateful for whatever sum the job creator offers.

A provision contained in a new law that will take effect July 1, 2018 in Massachusetts forbids employers from asking prospective employees for their salary history during the job interview process.

As any true conservative will tell you, this law gives the prospective employee an unfair advantage and could cheat the job creators out of profits. Such profits belong to the employer and upper management and must be protected. Employers must be permitted every tool to enable them to pay their workers as little as possible. After all, this is the United States where the free market commands and all employees are nothing more than mindless bodies to the companies that employ them.

Federal, state, and local governments are meant to serve the interests of Big Business and the fat cats who pay for the politicians’ campaigns. Regulations, when necessary, must be designed only to keep the working class powerless and under the thumb of the job creators.

This new Massachusetts law will make it far more difficult for job creators to limit the salaries they pay to the average workers. Even the worst MBA knows the most efficient method to assure profits is to continually cut costs. Cost cutting makes actual productivity secondary, and permits management to focus solely on next quarter’s profits and executive bonuses.

This new Massachusetts law can only give the working class in that state an overblown and undeserved sense of their own importance, and could set a dangerous precedence.

Massachusetts law bans one question from job interviews

I have had a few jobs in my day, I was never asked the salary, and on applications I put $0.01
and I live in TN....a...gasp........right to work state.

The Great Goose says, “employers have the advantage in an interview. quit whinging.”

Whinging? Perhaps you meant whingeing.

You obviously misunderstood the tone of the OP. As any true conservative knows, employers must have every advantage, and the employees, none.

The Massachusetts law upsets this status quo, and will not be tolerated by right-wingers due to their unquestioning devotion to the well being of the job creators. The playing field cannot be level, for the good of the job creators.

As far as the knowledge of any job creator of the prevailing wage, the prevailing wage is irrelevant. According to the unwritten rules of conservatism, any prospective employee should be grateful for whatever sum the job creator offers.

my bad, i get worked up about standard of living issues.

Forum List

Back