This might explain the Noah's Ark parable in the bible

God didn’t give the Torah until most of the world proved it couldn’t behave.
If you are talking about the Exodus time frame, I don't believe that. It makes much more sense that the accounts in Genesis were passed down orally for thousands of years.

Yeah.......may have been is real scientific term. Yet.....science proves that even the highest points on earth were at one time UNDERWATER.....more evidence than your "MAY HAVE BEEN" for evidence of a global event.

You're speaking of sea shells. The Himalayas are still getting taller.The Red Sea is still getting wider. Since you're a science guy I know you've heard of plate tectonics.

Maybe 35 million years ago the mountain tops were under the sea.

Ooops Earth is only 6,000 years old.

If you are talking about the Exodus time frame, I don't believe that. It makes much more sense that the accounts in Genesis were passed down orally for thousands of years.

You think the other 250 creation myths were also passed down orally for thousands of years?

Yeah.......may have been is a real scientific term. Yet.....science proves that even the highest points on earth were at one time UNDERWATER.....more evidence than your "MAY HAVE BEEN" for evidence of a global event.

You either accept the truth recorded in scripture........or you dismiss it as a humanist. Thus far.......nothing but OPINION, CONJECTURE, SPECULATION, ASSUMPTION AND BIASED OPINION have been submitted as evidence that the Bible is not a history but a book of analogical myths. Why? No one enjoys being convicted in their sin.........its a matter of self delusion. Its hard to sin when you tell yourself there is no GOD, and no GOD has ever communicated HIS WILL to mankind.

Misery indeed loves company. Thus the truth as found in scripture, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord', shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare unto them 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness." -- Matt 7:21-23.

As for me personally? "For do I now persuade men or God........Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ." -- Gal. 1:10

You can seek to PLEASE MEN.......as for me and my household.....we shall serve the Lord.

Most people that read the Bible don't understand what they are reading.

Like I said, The Book of Genesis is not a history or science book. It is mostly about the relationship between Man and God.

The stories of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, Noah etc are lessons in that relationship.

If you look at the scripture like that it all makes sense and it is good. If you try to make scientific or historical sense out of it then everything falls apart.

It is analogous to looking up at the sky at night and seeing the vast universe. God made that universe but trying to figure out how stars that are really exploding nuclear bombs only held together by gravity contributes to God's plan will blow your mind.

You think they were written down before they were told? :rolleyes:

That's the point isn't it Every culture had their oral creation myths and they were all different.

Before Genesis Sumer had a written language, agriculture, irrigation and sailboats.

That's the point isn't it Every culture had their oral creation myths and they were all different.

Before Genesis Sumer had a written language, agriculture, irrigation and sailboats.
The point I am making is that this specific account was passed down for thousands of years and was commonly known before it was recorded.

It wasn't borrowed from anyone.

It was the advent of monotheism.

And it began with Abraham. The first monotheist. Prior to that time the common belief was in many gods who controlled the affairs of men and nature. Monotheism changed all of that. A creator God who did not control the affairs of men and nature.

Neither history nor archaelogy support OT as science or history.

The OT like the Koran is full of exaggerations. Jerusalem was a tiny hilltop fortress on the caravan route. At the time of David it was less than 10 acres and 800 people.

Joshua didn't destroy the Canaanite villages. The weren't destroyed or even interrupted. Solomon didn't have a grand empire. His famous mines belonged to Egypt and then the Edomites.

The writings in 5 languages found at Ras Shamra are much older than the Hebrews. .. so are the clay tablet found at Dilmun and Sumer.

The Akkadians migrated from the Arabian Peninsula before 3,000 BC so they too predate Abraham.
I see you haven’t been reading Yehoshua; only Ai was burnt to the ground.

You’re not a Jew so whatever floats your boat.

One would think you had never read the Bible at all.

Early in their history there were two kingdoms of Hebrews: in the north - Israel, and in the south - Judah. The Israelites formed their capital in the city of Samaria, and the Judaeans kept their capital in Jerusalem.

There were also two Talmuds ... Babylonian and Jerusalem.

Everybody knows that.

You're speaking of sea shells. The Himalayas are still getting taller.
Actually I've read they are not on the average. Sure the collision of the tectonic plate that India sits on with the Asian plate is technically making the Himalayas grow by about one inch per year, erosion also takes off about one inch in height per year.

The description of the Ark given by Almighty God in Genesis isn't that of river barges.

The Ark was a huge vessel that took years to construct and had 2 of EVERY species, not just "livestock". Its also a fact that Noah brought a male and a female of each species aboard- not 2 of the same sex, showing Almighty God's love of Normality.
Noah "brought nothing". They came under orders and protection of God.
They simply showed up.
Noah said" Wholly shiite. No wonder he said make it so big"
My question is how did the marsupials travel there ?
BTW. It was a genetic/dna storage vessel.No elephants or giraffe needed
Just material for a base to regroup.
6 days(6,000 years) was an assload of work so having the needed code to regroup was a must for a quick jumpstart.

Forum List

Back