This is what happens when you defund the police.

Self defense is all about picking your moments.

You'd be better off studying how not to do the stupid things I see people doing every day. Walking around with their phones out oblivious to their surroundings. Going to a deserted ATM in the middle of the night.

You're better off developing a sense of situational awareness than learning some krav maga move that only ever works on TV.
In 1980, when I was 18 and graduated HS, I moved to NYC and lived there by myself for 2 years and never worried about being mugged or robbed. I rode the subway from 231st st in N. Bronx, through Harlem all the way downtown and back every week day for a year and a half and never had a problem with anyone.

Of course that was before ATM's.
A lot of people live their entire lives in cities and nothing ever happens to them.

Most people by far today, most people by far, in 'the old days'.

Most people's only exposure to violent crime is what they see on TV.

How about the police just stop killing people? Every year they kill 10 times the number of cops who die by gunshot. That's not including the beatings and intimidation. That's why people are talking about defunding them. Every time the public starts trying to hold cops accountable they go into these tantrums by refusing to do their jobs until we give in and let them have free reign to kill or beat up people whenever they want.
Liar, post a valid link that supports your ludicrous claim.

To be fair, big city police departments have always told people not to challenge a robber. It's a good way to get yourself seriously injured or worse.

Let them have the $34 in your wallet and you can keep your life.

Or more accurately, yesterday they only wanted $34.00. And because that was so easy, today they want ALL your money.
And because that was so easy, today they want your car. And because that was so easy......

Yeah, crime pays with that attitude.
As long as the System keeps favoring the safety and well being of the criminal it will get worse.

They always get caught. They're idiots. Do you really want to get shot by an idiot?
I have a better idea. Don't live where the idiots are. When city leaders are telling residents get used to being victims, it's time to move.

To be fair, big city police departments have always told people not to challenge a robber. It's a good way to get yourself seriously injured or worse.

Or more accurately, yesterday they only wanted $34.00. And because that was so easy, today they want ALL your money.
And because that was so easy, today they want your car. And because that was so easy......

As long as the System keeps favoring the safety and well being of the criminal it will get worse.

They always get caught. They're idiots. Do you really want to get shot by an idiot?
I have a better idea. Don't live where the idiots are. When city leaders are telling residents get used to being victims, it's time to move.

Totally agree ... it's time for

U-Haul.jpg

How about the police just stop killing people? Every year they kill 10 times the number of cops who die by gunshot. That's not including the beatings and intimidation. That's why people are talking about defunding them. Every time the public starts trying to hold cops accountable they go into these tantrums by refusing to do their jobs until we give in and let them have free reign to kill or beat up people whenever they want.
That's the truth about what cops do, but in that sort of environment of wanton and rampant police beatings and killings, the talk of "defunding the police" is actually a covert plan on the part of City Hall to make local police departments more self-supporting, somewhat like the USPS, but in the case of the cops, they would support themselves on the spoils of search warrants and civil asset forfeitures, as well as the traffic fines and vehicle impoundments and auctions on which small-town police departments have long been supporting themselves without a sufficient bona fide tax district to finance such a large, well-staffed metropolitan police department and criminal justice system in every small town and village.

That's the truth about what cops do, but in that sort of environment of wanton and rampant police beatings and killings, the talk of "defunding the police" is actually a covert plan on the part of City Hall to make local police departments more self-supporting, somewhat like the USPS, but in the case of the cops, they would support themselves on the spoils of search warrants and civil asset forfeitures, as well as the traffic fines and vehicle impoundments and auctions on which small-town police departments have long been supporting themselves without a sufficient bona fide tax district to finance such a large, well-staffed metropolitan police department and criminal justice system in every small town and village.

for the record, for many years I examined and evaluated the complaints of people
who made claims of being beaten and abused by the police OR claimed physical problems that would preclude incarceration-----YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS. I did it for the few years that I was in the military too. The police required MEDICAL CLEARANCE before taking a "perp" to jail. So far---in the DECADES in which I was engaged in doing so---I never came across an actual REAL CASE OF POLICE ABUSE. The cases I did see took LOTS AND LOTS OF time because of the ELABORATE complaints. I investigated each one with physical exam and any tests that were needed. It is far easier to deal with a real brain stroke or myocardial infarction than a cuffed person on the way to jail. I have also witnessed MANY MANY arrests met with resistance. OF COURSE THEY ARE VIOLENT. It is a wonder there are not more deaths. I do not doubt that police abuse exists both in the field and in prisons------but the complaints are 99% BULLSHIT (PS---no one whom I cleared for prison was ever found ---thereafter, dead in his cell) The current AVANT GARDE acceptance of the idea that POLICE ARE KILLING PEOPLE------is BULLSHIT. Where there is violence and guns and drugs-----PEOPLE DO DIE. In fact, where there are PEOPLE----some people actually do die of unknown cause. In my town----people die lots-----of gunshot wound----in the gutters by criminals. ------even children

Yet, when YOUR house gets hits, your fingers will be dialing 911 you'll be begging for the Police to hurry

--I never came across an actual REAL CASE OF POLICE ABUSE
I'll bet the medical board has never come come across an actual case of medical malpractice, either.
It is far easier to deal with a real brain stroke or myocardial infarction than a cuffed person on the way to jail
There's murder-for-hire and a corrupt coroner or medical examiner complicit in the cover-up for those difficult cases of the hard-to-kill defendant.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

for the record, for many years I examined and evaluated the complaints of people
who made claims of being beaten and abused by the police OR claimed physical problems that would preclude incarceration-----YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS. I did it for the few years that I was in the military too. The police required MEDICAL CLEARANCE before taking a "perp" to jail. So far---in the DECADES in which I was engaged in doing so---I never came across an actual REAL CASE OF POLICE ABUSE. The cases I did see took LOTS AND LOTS OF time because of the ELABORATE complaints. I investigated each one with physical exam and any tests that were needed. It is far easier to deal with a real brain stroke or myocardial infarction than a cuffed person on the way to jail. I have also witnessed MANY MANY arrests met with resistance. OF COURSE THEY ARE VIOLENT. It is a wonder there are not more deaths. I do not doubt that police abuse exists both in the field and in prisons------but the complaints are 99% BULLSHIT (PS---no one whom I cleared for prison was ever found ---thereafter, dead in his cell) The current AVANT GARDE acceptance of the idea that POLICE ARE KILLING PEOPLE------is BULLSHIT. Where there is violence and guns and drugs-----PEOPLE DO DIE. In fact, where there are PEOPLE----some people actually do die of unknown cause. In my town----people die lots-----of gunshot wound----in the gutters by criminals. ------even children
Bullshit.

You point out some true negatives here. These are things to think about.

Crime happens everywhere.

--I never came across an actual REAL CASE OF POLICE ABUSE
I'll bet the medical board has never come come across an actual case of medical malpractice, either.
It is far easier to deal with a real brain stroke or myocardial infarction than a cuffed person on the way to jail
There's murder-for-hire and a corrupt coroner or medical examiner complicit in the cover-up for those difficult cases of the hard-to-kill defendant.

there are MANY cases of medical malpractice determined by medical boards. There have been
cases of coroners who have been determined to have
been inadequate and have lost their positions. I have no idea what your "diffiicult cases of the hard to kill defendant" means in reference to coroners or medical boards. There is, ABSOLUTELY, the phenomenon of murder for hire. Do you know of a case involving a coroner?

Crime happens everywhere.

Thank goodness. Otherwise I'd be out of a job.

Based on this illogical statement, you just want them to be perfect, why don't we look at real reform that helps the Police, you know the ones who put their lives on the line everyday by just going to work...

It's the illiterate that continue to promote violence when they claim violence is the problem the Police are so guilty of, how far is your head really buried in the sand? Most people see the lies you so lamely promote...

Fuck you.. I know what I am talking about and I am tired of people like you who post factless drivel asking everybody else to show you a link. Do the research yourself.

Armed robbers are particulary dangerous, though.
From the link;
"The Enemy

Some may object to me calling hold up men "the enemy". You can call them whatever you like. I can assure you however they are as deadly an enemy as you will find anywhere but the battlefield. Even many soldiers probably lack the viciousness and utter disregard for life most hold up men possess.

No one wakes up in the morning one day and decides to become an armed robber. It is a gradual process that requires some experience and desensitizing. Before a man will pick up a gun and threaten to kill people who have done him no harm in order to get their usually meager possessions he has to get comfortable with some things.

He has to get used to seeing others as objects for him to exploit. He has to accept he may be killed while robbing. He has to accept the felony conviction for Robbery will haunt him all his life. He has to accept he may need to kill a completely innocent person to get away with his crime.

This is a process that starts with stealing candy at the corner store as a child. It progresses through bigger property crimes that may also involve violence. But one day G gets tired of selling his stolen property for nothing and decides it would be better to steal cash. Cut out all that tiresome sales stuff.

Keep in mind many petty thieves, auto burglars, residential and commercial burglars, paper thieves, and hustlers will get to that point and decide not to become armed robbers. Most will. It is a special group of outliers who decide threatening to kill people for a few dollars is the way to go.

Once a man starts armed robbing he has crossed a line most won't. Don't forget that when you are looking these bastards in the eye. Their decision to kill you is already made. Your life means nothing to him. Only his does. His sole motivation for not killing you is he doesn't want a murder case. He has already accepted he may pick one up though.

We hunt hold up men around the clock once they are identified. We send teams of fire breathing fence jumper/door kickers to find them. We will bring their mother to the office and convince her she is going to jail if we don't have Junior in our office in an hour. We have her call her son crying hysterically for him to turn himself in before she is arrested and held without bond as a material witness and her home seized for harboring him. Most of the time they won't. Fuck their own momma.

We will hit all Juniors friends and family's houses. We make it so no one will harbor him. He is so hot no one will let him in their house or even talk on the phone with him. We put money on him so he knows he is right to be betrayed and set up. We do this because of one thing.

That thing is they WILL kill someone if they keep robbing. That is why the city is willing to pay all the overtime. They don't want the murders. Think about that when you see Junior coming. The more robberies he does the closer he is to killing someone. Maybe you.

The guys who hit you on the street are gang members. They are Gangster Disciples, Vice Lords, Crips, Sureonos, many others. They do not see themselves as part of society. The street is all they know. They don't expect to live long or stay out of prison. They take a delight in your fear and suffering. They are warped individuals for the most part. They can be extremely dangerous.

One time we were locking up a hold up man and having a conversation about how they target their victims. I was saying they pick easy ones, another guy was saying they preferred easy ones but would take anybody.

I pointed out a uniform Officer there was an NFL size guy to that hold up man. Frankly the dude was a monster. I asked hold up man if he would rob him. He said "If I needed the money".

Bullshit.

what is "bullshit" IM-2------that people are dying of gunshot in the gutters of NYC?-----that children often catch the stray or ricocheted bullets from the guns of
criminals in their heads? Spend some time in inner city hospital emergency rooms. Its an EVERY DAY thing------where are they HIDING the victims of police brutality?------are they being dumped in rivers? There are people being dumped in rivers------but that is usually a mob or gang thing

Fuck you.. I know what I am talking about and I am tired of people like you who post factless drivel asking everybody else to show you a link. Do the research yourself.
In other words you can not link to a single source that backs your ridiculous claims. I on the other hand routinely link to facts and figures that you claim are biased or not true because you are mentally deficient and can not comprehend percentages and per capita. Again either back up YOUR obvious lies or go away and crawl back into the sewer where you belong.

Based on this illogical statement, you just want them to be perfect, why don't we look at real reform that helps the Police, you know the ones who put their lives on the line everyday by just going to work...

It's the illiterate that continue to promote violence when they claim violence is the problem the Police are so guilty of, how far is your head really buried in the sand? Most people see the lies you so lamely promote...

You know, when I argue with ignorant people who I know have not taken the time to study an issue, I have to laugh. There happen to be jobs more dangerous than being a cop and there are a lot of small town departments where police are basically collecting welfare while wearing a uniform, gun and a badge. But because you and sargeant retard talked shit, you are going to get embarrassed.

Bullshit.

what is "bullshit" IM-2------that people are dying of gunshot in the gutters of NYC?-----that children often catch the stray or ricocheted bullets from the guns of
criminals in their heads? Spend some time in inner city hospital emergency rooms. Its an EVERY DAY thing------where are they HIDING the victims of police brutality?------are they being dumped in rivers? There are people being dumped in rivers------but that is usually a mob or gang thing
Your post was bullshit. You see a lot of things in the inner city. Things people like you don't want to fix while you come in here to denigrate those who have to suffer due to the inaction of people like you. All those like you can see for those areas is more money and equipment for police thereby annually doing the same thing but hoping to get a different result.

Forum List

Back