This is what happens when you defund the police.

How about the police just stop killing people? Every year they kill 10 times the number of cops who die by gunshot. That's not including the beatings and intimidation. That's why people are talking about defunding them. Every time the public starts trying to hold cops accountable they go into these tantrums by refusing to do their jobs until we give in and let them have free reign to kill or beat up people whenever they want.
That's the truth about what cops do, but in that sort of environment of wanton and rampant police beatings and killings, the talk of "defunding the police" is actually a covert plan on the part of City Hall to make local police departments more self-supporting, somewhat like the USPS, but in the case of the cops, they would support themselves on the spoils of search warrants and civil asset forfeitures, as well as the traffic fines and vehicle impoundments and auctions on which small-town police departments have long been supporting themselves without a sufficient bona fide tax district to finance such a large, well-staffed metropolitan police department and criminal justice system in every small town and village.

for the record, for many years I examined and evaluated the complaints of people
who made claims of being beaten and abused by the police OR claimed physical problems that would preclude incarceration-----YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS. I did it for the few years that I was in the military too. The police required MEDICAL CLEARANCE before taking a "perp" to jail. So far---in the DECADES in which I was engaged in doing so---I never came across an actual REAL CASE OF POLICE ABUSE. The cases I did see took LOTS AND LOTS OF time because of the ELABORATE complaints. I investigated each one with physical exam and any tests that were needed. It is far easier to deal with a real brain stroke or myocardial infarction than a cuffed person on the way to jail. I have also witnessed MANY MANY arrests met with resistance. OF COURSE THEY ARE VIOLENT. It is a wonder there are not more deaths. I do not doubt that police abuse exists both in the field and in prisons------but the complaints are 99% BULLSHIT (PS---no one whom I cleared for prison was ever found ---thereafter, dead in his cell) The current AVANT GARDE acceptance of the idea that POLICE ARE KILLING PEOPLE------is BULLSHIT. Where there is violence and guns and drugs-----PEOPLE DO DIE. In fact, where there are PEOPLE----some people actually do die of unknown cause. In my town----people die lots-----of gunshot wound----in the gutters by criminals. ------even children
Bullshit.

what is "bullshit" IM-2------that people are dying of gunshot in the gutters of NYC?-----that children often catch the stray or ricocheted bullets from the guns of
criminals in their heads? Spend some time in inner city hospital emergency rooms. Its an EVERY DAY thing------where are they HIDING the victims of police brutality?------are they being dumped in rivers? There are people being dumped in rivers------but that is usually a mob or gang thing
Your post was bullshit. You see a lot of things in the inner city. Things people like you don't want to fix while you come in here to denigrate those who have to suffer due to the inaction of people like you. All those like you can see for those areas is more money and equipment for police thereby annually doing the same thing but hoping to get a different result.

you have said nothing-----again. What does "you see a lot of things in the inner city" mean to you? I live in the inner city and have worked for decades in the inner city. I have interacted with LOTS AND LOTS of people who are UNDER ARREST. What is it you imagine that I ignore? As to equipment for the police-----the police I see have a gun and some bullets-----and a set of handcuffs. What equipment do you want them NOT TO HAVE? In riots----I WANT THEM TO BE well equipt with protection and crowd control devices------and YOU? The criminals seem to have endless stuff. -----guns, knives and even shivs that they hide here and there----even in their mouths. I have never found a shiv in the cheek of a cop

Another aspect of the situation;

From the link;
"The lesson from Minneapolis: If you defund the police, you encourage criminals

The consequences of the riots in Minneapolis on that city's police force, and their effect on crime, are becoming clearer by the day. The picture is not encouraging for those who live there.

First, the city's police force is losing staff hand over fist.

Minneapolis police are down at least 100 officers since the killing of George Floyd — more than 10% of the force — straining department resources amid a wave of violence and adding extra urgency to the political debate over its future.

Over the past two months, 40 cops have resigned, been fired or are in the process of leaving the force, and another 75 have taken a medical leave for post-traumatic stress disorder they say was caused by the riots that followed Floyd’s death. Dozens more are expected to file for leave in the coming months.

MPD officials not authorized to speak publicly estimate the department, which is budgeted for 888 officers this year, could lose as much as a third of its workforce by the end of the year.

. . .

Though total reported crimes were down 31% in June and 4% by July’s end, gunfire incidents, which tie up multiple squads, soared 224% and 166% during the same period, according to MPD records ... Meanwhile, police stops are down more than 50% each of the last two months.

. . .

The deployment picture has worsened as the department tries to dig itself out of the budgetary hole it’s been in since the COVID-19 pandemic struck. While a recent class of recruits hit the streets last month, another class that was scheduled to start training in August has been canceled. And with a citywide hiring freeze in effect until at least the end of the year, there are no replacements in sight.

There's more at the link.

As a result, police are now warning residents to comply with criminals' demands. Click the image below for a larger view.

That's cold comfort if you're living in the affected areas, isn't it? In so many words, the cops are saying "Let the criminals do their worst. We can't stop them." So much for protecting and serving the public!

I'm willing to bet similar problems are affecting every city where major riots and protests have erupted, and/or where calls to "defund the police" have dominated city politics. If I were a cop in those cities, I'd be looking for another job in a more law-abiding community, at once if not sooner. I'd even be willing to take a cut in pay and accept a loss on the forced sale of my home. Why should I risk life and limb serving a city that regards me as a sheep to be sacrificed on the altar of political correctness?

Friends, if you find yourselves in such an environment, please be very careful. I expect tensions to get worse before the November elections - and after they're over, who knows what might happen?

Stay safe, and keep your powder dry. You may need it real soon now.

Peter"

To be fair, big city police departments have always told people not to challenge a robber. It's a good way to get yourself seriously injured or worse.

Let them have the $34 in your wallet and you can keep your life.

Or more accurately, yesterday they only wanted $34.00. And because that was so easy, today they want ALL your money.
And because that was so easy, today they want your car. And because that was so easy......

Yeah, crime pays with that attitude.
As long as the System keeps favoring the safety and well being of the criminal it will get worse.

They always get caught. They're idiots. Do you really want to get shot by an idiot?
I have a better idea. Don't live where the idiots are. When city leaders are telling residents get used to being victims, it's time to move.
Crime happens everywhere.

crime does not just "HAPPEN" criminals do it.
I have lived in NYC in many different places. In some places I could walk thru the streets and not hear a single gunshot. ----the occasional street crime CAME from elsewhere. In some places-----murder by gunshot was a weekly event. Right now-----street crime has become a BLM associated event

5,502 civilians killed by police since 2015.

1,017 police have died since 2015.

279 police have died by gunfire since 2015.

For every police officer shot and killed, 20 civilians have been.

In 2019 police killed 1004 civilians. That's 13 fewer than the total number of police who have died from all causes, including heart attacks, 9-11 related illnesses and COVID19 IN THE PAST 5 YEARS..

In 2019 police killed 1004 civilians. That's 13 fewer than the total number of police who have died from all causes, including heart attacks, 9-11 related illnesses and COVID19 IN THE PAST 5 YEARS..

You get that it's not a war, right?

The fact that fewer policemen die from criminals than criminals die from police is generally accepted in civilized society as a good thing.

I maintain that if you're looking to lower the number of civilians who die violently confronting police, you start by teaching people to not violently confront police.

To be fair, big city police departments have always told people not to challenge a robber. It's a good way to get yourself seriously injured or worse.

Or more accurately, yesterday they only wanted $34.00. And because that was so easy, today they want ALL your money.
And because that was so easy, today they want your car. And because that was so easy......

As long as the System keeps favoring the safety and well being of the criminal it will get worse.

They always get caught. They're idiots. Do you really want to get shot by an idiot?
I have a better idea. Don't live where the idiots are. When city leaders are telling residents get used to being victims, it's time to move.

I have lived in NYC in many different places. In some places I could walk thru the streets and not hear a single gunshot. ----the occasional street crime CAME from elsewhere. In some places-----murder by gunshot was a weekly event. Right now-----street crime has become a BLM associated event
I know how crime happens lady and my understanding comes from a better and more complete place than yours does. BLM has nothing to do with the street crimes but you racists want to make it that way. You don't do that for these white supremacist groups when some white dude writes a racist manifesto and commits a mass shooting. And again, the evidence points to white supremacists for most of the violence.

You get that it's not a war, right?

The fact that fewer policemen die from criminals than criminals die from police is generally accepted in civilized society as a good thing.

I maintain that if you're looking to lower the number of civilians who die violently confronting police, you start by teaching people to not violently confront police.
What I get after reading the details is many of these killings were unnecessary. For example in one case police shot and killed a naked man. He had no gun. Shot from a distance. That man posed no threat. I believe that if we want to reduce police murders that better screening be done while hiring and continuing psych evals are done on officers. Perhaps police need to understand that people do have rights and can ask questions. They are not required to obey every command from a cop.

I know how crime happens lady and my understanding comes from a better and more complete place than yours does. BLM has nothing to do with the street crimes but you racists want to make it that way. You don't do that for these white supremacist groups when some white dude writes a racist manifesto and commits a mass shooting. And again, the evidence points to white supremacists for most of the violence.
False.

No, but I will shoot the idiot so that he doesn't harm someone else.

Minneapolis police tell citizens to “Do as the criminals say”.

Violent criminals today feel untouchable.

And they are!

Things will only get worse and those criminals will get even more emboldened when the Dems get control of the federal government in a few months.

So why do they teach classes on self defense ?

Self defense is all about picking your moments.

You'd be better off studying how not to do the stupid things I see people doing every day. Walking around with their phones out oblivious to their surroundings. Going to a deserted ATM in the middle of the night.

You're better off developing a sense of situational awareness than learning some krav maga move that only ever works on TV.
7ac0446d2273a1146c958d3a9ee6d282.jpg

So why do they teach classes on self defense ?

Self defense is all about picking your moments.

You'd be better off studying how not to do the stupid things I see people doing every day. Walking around with their phones out oblivious to their surroundings. Going to a deserted ATM in the middle of the night.

You're better off developing a sense of situational awareness than learning some krav maga move that only ever works on TV.
View attachment 371399

Better than a gun, you don't need to draw it.

But, you do need to feed it.

How about the police just stop killing people? Every year they kill 10 times the number of cops who die by gunshot. That's not including the beatings and intimidation. That's why people are talking about defunding them. Every time the public starts trying to hold cops accountable they go into these tantrums by refusing to do their jobs until we give in and let them have free reign to kill or beat up people whenever they want.

Yet, when YOUR house gets hits, your fingers will be dialing 911 you'll be begging for the Police to hurry

LOL! The thugs are always gone by the time police arrive. The only time they talk to both parties involved is when there is a domestic dispute or neighbor dispute & that might be better served by a social worker.

Yet, when YOUR house gets hits, your fingers will be dialing 911 you'll be begging for the Police to hurry

LOL! The thugs are always gone by the time police arrive. The only time they talk to both parties involved is when there is a domestic dispute or neighbor dispute & that might be better served by a social worker.

Here's the thing about thugs. They get away. But, they get caught on camera or someone gets a good description that leads to an ID.

Thugs ALWAYS re-offend and when they get caught (many times in a traffic stop or a domestic) they get charged with all the other offenses that have piled up.

You should see the faces of some idiot when they get pulled over for speeding then find out they have a warrant for a dozen very serious charges.

They believe they had gotten away with it but it always catches up with them.

They always say the same thing, "Why are you locking me up just for speeding?!"

Most metropolitan cities have a transit system. Transit systems, buses and trains, are covered with cameras. All low-lifes use the transit ... they just don't pay.

The cops that normally work Transit see these guys every day and can identify them easily. Show a wanted circular to a transit cop and you will always get an ID.

In cities with public transit, more crooks get arrested in trains stations and bus depots than any other place.

That's the truth about what cops do, but in that sort of environment of wanton and rampant police beatings and killings, the talk of "defunding the police" is actually a covert plan on the part of City Hall to make local police departments more self-supporting, somewhat like the USPS, but in the case of the cops, they would support themselves on the spoils of search warrants and civil asset forfeitures, as well as the traffic fines and vehicle impoundments and auctions on which small-town police departments have long been supporting themselves without a sufficient bona fide tax district to finance such a large, well-staffed metropolitan police department and criminal justice system in every small town and village.
The police were already using those methods of beating the money out of citizens. The problem is they found it more lucrative to take it from workers & owners, because the thugs didn't pay & it cost money to punish them. So everyone driving a car to work became a juicy target for police funding. Those are the funds police need to be stripped of.

This is what happens when you defund the police.

It's also what happens when :Good men" do nothing.
"All that was required for the wicked to prevail was for good men to do nothing"
Starting November, time to start paying the price.

Here's the thing about thugs. They get away. But, they get caught on camera or someone gets a good description that leads to an ID.

Thugs ALWAYS re-offend and when they get caught (many times in a traffic stop or a domestic) they get charged with all the other offenses that have piled up.

You should see the faces of some idiot when they get pulled over for speeding then find out they have a warrant for a dozen very serious charges.

They believe they had gotten away with it but it always catches up with them.

They always say the same thing, "Why are you locking me up just for speeding?!"

Wait, what's the Policy in NY ?
catch and release I believe? They aren't even holding violent criminals. That or they are releasing them for "their
safety. Madnes.. Nothing but pure evil and madness.

No they do not "always" get caught.
And sometimes they cause a tsunami of violence and tragedy before they do.

If government (mostly liberals) didn't put the priority on punishing victims, Americans could defend themselves without fear of doing' more hard time for defending their lives than criminals do for taking them.

But when you have criminal hugging prosecutors and gun grabbing judges and juries, the innocent are punished.
Look at the Couple in MNPLS. The DA that is prosecuting them just got RE ELECTED.

Forum List

Back