Criminal charges against ex-Thunder Bay police chief 'deeply disturbing,' police board chair says

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Wake up America, the Police State to the north needs you to call us out. All we have is CSIS and our courts to protect us and that may not be enough. If the U.S leaders speak out, you can save us and prevent the osmosis to cross into the U.S as well.

The corruption and abuses of citizens here in the most diabolical, illegal and immoral manner, is startling. This is a drop in the bucket, I know first hand...

The question also must be asked, "who is keeping an eye on those tasked with keeping an eye on the police?"

The chair of Thunder Bay's police services board said last week's criminal charges against the northwestern Ontario city's former police chief are "deeply disturbing" and reaffirmed efforts to rebuild community trust in the service.

Karen Machado and current police Chief Darcy Fleury spoke at a news conference Monday about the Ontario Provincial Police charges of obstruction and breach of trust against Sylvie Hauth.

"The criminal allegations brought forward by the Ontario Provincial Police are deeply disturbing," Machado said. "There is a legal and ethical expectation ... that information provided by Thunder Bay Police Service is truthful and factual, both to the board and to the community.

"It is critical for our community to have faith in the system that provides oversight to the Thunder Bay Police Service. I understand how these allegations have caused further doubts in these institutions and the system of policing and police oversight in Thunder Bay."

Last edited:
Wake up America, the Police State to the north needs you to call us out. All we have is CSIS and our courts to protect us and that may not be enough. If the U.S leaders speak out, you can save us and prevent the osmosis to cross into the U.S as well.

The corruption and abuses of citizens here in the most diabolical, illegal and immoral manner, is startling. This is a drop in the bucket, I know first hand...
You mean, The corruption and abuse of ME here in the most diabolical, illegal and immoral manner, is startling. This is a drop in the bucket, I know first hand...

It's truly diabolical to place two secret service officers before and after you in an innocent line-up at a hospital!

That story was the proof of how you know first hand.

Forum List

Back