This is inhumane

There is no love in these actions.
Learn to expand your mind beyond it's extremely narrow view. You'd be better off for it.

You are the last person on this board to lecture me on the scope of my ideology.

You spoke of narrow viewpoints earlier. Well, one narrow viewpoint is suggesting these parents are doing these things out of love or consideration for the safety of their children.

If they truly loved their children, they would endure hardship with them, not send them to endure it alone.

OP, the fact that this was done should make you consider what the hell are these people running from.

If you're truly concerned about the humanity of it all that is.
They are not running from anything...they are running to something....free Medicare and food and housing...on your dime sucker...while black vets sleep in the gutters of America and illegals take jobs from black moms dads and kids...you rally it along...you sir have a mental disorder....

I have no idea why decisions like that are made, but I suspect that with the danger in south American countries, and the cost being so high, some of the parents can only afford for their children to go, and hope they can be reunited with relatives in the US.

Hm. Reasonable.

But these parents should be willing to make high sacrifices for their children, including but not limited to their own well-being. They are gambling the lives of their children on a very slim chance they will ever get to see them again.

A real family suffers together as a family.

Nothing is worse than going through extreme danger alone and with no support.
A real family doesn't suffer together as a family. What real parent wouldn't skip a meal or suffer any other terrible thing so their child wouldn't have to. Obviously, they see the danger to the child is greater if he stays in their war torn, and cartel infested south American country, than it is if sent to the US. The picture of that poor little scared girl is heart rending, and hard to look at, but imagine what it would be like for her parents to have the choice of seeing a picture of her like that in front of the cartels, or in front of US Border Patrol. I would choose the Border Patrol. Wouldn't you?

I have no idea why decisions like that are made, but I suspect that with the danger in south American countries, and the cost being so high, some of the parents can only afford for their children to go, and hope they can be reunited with relatives in the US. Desperate choices by desperate people often turn out worse than hoped for.
If things are s tough over there, why are they well dressed and healthy when they arrive?
Does a child who is sent over 1000 miles in the dessert in a nice coat pants and shoes better off than the veteran with ptsd living on the streets if San Francesco? I say yes. I have seen the videos. They are better dressed than any homeless American.
Do I feel bad for the children? Yes. Why? Because their parents are selfish assholes.
Wow. The parents have to choose between sending their child on a dangerous trip, or keeping them there where the danger will be so much more, and you resent them being sent in clothes that are suitable for a long hard journey. You might have a point if each child had several pieces of luggage with a change of clothes for each day, but they don't, you idiot.

Wow. The parents have to choose between sending their child on a dangerous trip, or keeping them there where the danger will be so much more, and you resent them being sent in clothes that are suitable for a long hard journey. You might have a point if each child had several pieces of luggage with a change of clothes for each day, but they don't, you idiot.
That's the thing, he doesn't care about the child, nor the parents for that matter.

SC Patriot only cares about wielding his toxic partisan ideology for political points. Or so he thinks.

Last edited:
What real parent wouldn't skip a meal or suffer any other terrible thing so their child wouldn't have to. Obviously, they see the danger to the child is greater if he stays in their war torn, and cartel infested south American country, than it is if sent to the US.

No, Bulldog. A real parent would *GASP* GO with their child, flee the hardship and the danger with their child. They wouldn't do something to endanger the bond between them and their child(ren).

You know absolutely nothing.

This is absolutely pathetic coming from you.

The picture of that poor little scared girl is heart rending, and hard to look at, but imagine what it would be like for her parents to have the choice of seeing a picture of her like that in front of the cartels, or in front of US Border Patrol.

Did it never occur to her parents that they had the option to flee as well? Why only send their hapless child alone like that?

It's common sense.

Hm. Reasonable.

But these parents should be willing to make high sacrifices for their children, including but not limited to their own well-being. They are gambling the lives of their children on a very slim chance they will ever get to see them again.

A real family suffers together as a family.

Nothing is worse than going through extreme danger alone and with no support.

These parents are sending their children to a place that promises to take care of them if they make it.
I don't know so much about Guatemala, but the kids in Juarez, Mexico transverse extreme danger walking to corner grocery store.

You cannot measure what those parents are thinking by your standards.

Yes, I can.

Parents are supposed to be there for their children through hard and easy times. To do anything less is child neglect. It is pure abandonment. It is essentially saying they are unwilling to maintain their commitment to their child even through the hardest of times.

I come from a dysfunctional family. I never knew my mother, my deadbeat dad left me for 11 years and had the gall to come back and try to raise me when I was 16. When he left, he left me in the care of my grandmother. Eventually, we made amends. But even he knew how important it was for a parent to be in my life. And not even he would ever think of leaving me with someone he couldn't trust to take care of me. I endured the suffering of not having any solid familial bonds. I know how important it is for a family to be together because mine wasn't.

And so, nothing says "I love my child" more than sending them thousands of miles north through untold dangers in the midst of drug cartels and coyotes for a supposed chance at proper care. I have no mercy nor compassion for the parents whatsoever. Some of these children have died traversing the expanse.

Your admonishment is woefully misplaced, nor is it welcome.

Last edited:

Yes, I can.

Parents are supposed to be there for their children through hard and easy times. To do anything less is child neglect.

I come from a dysfunctional family. I never knew my mother, my dad left me for 11 years and had the gall to come back and try to raise me when I was 16. I endured the suffering of not having any solid familial bonds. I know how important it is for a family to be together because mine wasn't.

And so, nothing says "I love my child" more than sending them thousands of miles north through untold dangers in the midst of drug cartels and coyotes. I have no mercy nor compassion for the parents whatsoever.

Your admonishment is woefully misplaced.

Well I could have been more specific ...
You actually can measure the parents of these children by your standards.

But what you think isn't what they think.
Where you live isn't where they live.
The dangers they face everyday are not dangers you face everyday.

Or in other words, you don't have a clue what they are thinking or why,
But then again, you wouldn't know and couldn't guess anyway.

But what you think isn't what they think.
Where you live isn't where they live.
The dangers they face everyday are not dangers you face everyday.

No, I think logically.

Logic dictates that if you have the ability to provide a means of escape from extreme danger for yourself and for your children, you take advantage of that option. Why send the child alone when you can just as easily go with them? This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

Spare me the emotional argument.

No, I think logically.

Logic dictates that if you have the ability to provide a means of escape from extreme danger for yourself and for your children, you take advantage of that option. Why send the child alone when you can just as easily go with them?

Anybody with "logic" like this far rightwing nutjob doesn't have any logic at all.

I don't know so much about Guatemala, but the kids in Juarez, Mexico transverse extreme danger walking to corner grocery store.

Yes, because of the cartels and gang violence.

But that's not the point and you very well know it.

It doesn't matter what kind of caveat you may want to apply.

They can keep their children where they are.
They can watch their children get gunned down by the cartels,
Or worse end up enslaved or working for the cartels the rest of their lives.

Or they can send them to a place where the citizens will damn near kill each other over taking care of the children coming across the border.
And with an open invitation from the Politicians in power in Washington DC.

Think Templar ... They don't live in their mother's basement eating Twinkies and playing Call of Duty.

Or in other words, you don't have a clue what they are thinking or why,
But then again, you wouldn't know and couldn't guess anyway.

Yes, I do. The very presence of a child without their parents in a place far from their homeland tells me all I need to know about their parents. These children may very well never see them again.

There is something I cannot fathom, not knowing the love parents can bestow. If I ever have children of my own, I will live and die by their side. I will not abandon them.

I don't honestly care what the motivation for sending them alone through all that was.

Last edited:
No, I think logically.

Logic dictates that if you have the ability to provide a means of escape from extreme danger for yourself and for your children, you take advantage of that option. Why send the child alone when you can just as easily go with them?

Anybody with "logic" like this far rightwing nutjob doesn't have any logic at all.

You got any logic floating around amidst the trolling you're doing?

Probably not.

Forum List

Back