This is inhumane

Or they can flee the country with their children.

The parents don't get a free pass.
It possible there are smaller children in the family that cannot make the trip.
There are an abundance of various factors that your thinking cannot account for.

That's what I meant when I said you cannot measure it by your standards.
You don't think like they do, and you are damn lucky you don't have to ... :thup:

There are an abundance of various factors that your thinking cannot account for.

No, they don't get a free pass.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for the situation they're in.

But if you want a so-called "better life" for your children, you take up the yoke and get them out of the country yourself.

And if you have a small child? Take them with you. Be their arms and legs, their protector. There is no excuse for you to send 5-8-year-old kids alone while you huddle in the danger with a baby or a toddler. What are they gonna do? Wait until the child can walk and send them alone across that treacherous terrain too?

Fear cannot possibly be a motivator for these brazen acts of child abandonment.

Last edited:
That's what I meant when I said you cannot measure it by your standards.
You don't think like they do, and you are damn lucky you don't have to ... :thup:

Fair enough. But not even situations like those would ever convince me to abandon my children. I brought them into this world, I very well should be able to make sure undue harm doesn't befall them from it.

Wow. The parents have to choose between sending their child on a dangerous trip, or keeping them there where the danger will be so much more, and you resent them being sent in clothes that are suitable for a long hard journey. You might have a point if each child had several pieces of luggage with a change of clothes for each day, but they don't, you idiot.
That's the thing, he doesn't care about the child, nor the parents for that matter.

SC Patriot only cares about wielding his toxic partisan ideology for political points. Or so he thinks.
Im good with you thinking that. Me? Truth? I call out hypocrites. And I did and you made shit up.

No, they don't get a free pass.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for the situation they're in.

But if you want a so-called "better life" for your children, you take up the yoke and get them out of the country yourself.

And if you have a small child? Take them with you. Be their arms and legs, their protector. There is no excuse for you to send 5-8-year-old kids alone while you huddle in the danger with a baby or a toddler.

I believe you have good intentions.
I think the situation of parents sending their children away is tragic
I was only answering the fact the idea of a parent sending their child alone to the border is inconceivable to you.

The answer was ... Well No Shit ... Your ass isn't making dirt soup for dinner.
That's not going to change because you think it should be different.

If mama only has 3 days of food for 2 kids on a four day trip ...
Mama ain't making the trip.

I have no idea why decisions like that are made, but I suspect that with the danger in south American countries, and the cost being so high, some of the parents can only afford for their children to go, and hope they can be reunited with relatives in the US. Desperate choices by desperate people often turn out worse than hoped for.
If things are s tough over there, why are they well dressed and healthy when they arrive?
Does a child who is sent over 1000 miles in the dessert in a nice coat pants and shoes better off than the veteran with ptsd living on the streets if San Francesco? I say yes. I have seen the videos. They are better dressed than any homeless American.
Do I feel bad for the children? Yes. Why? Because their parents are selfish assholes.
Wow. The parents have to choose between sending their child on a dangerous trip, or keeping them there where the danger will be so much more, and you resent them being sent in clothes that are suitable for a long hard journey. You might have a point if each child had several pieces of luggage with a change of clothes for each day, but they don't, you idiot.
wow.
You decided to take my words and apply your own ideology to them.
Here is the truth.
I grew up in Yonkers, NY. I had friends die of gun shots, knives and drug overdoses. I saw homeless people wherever I turned. My sister was raped, I had a teacher raped and I watched a friend die following a fist fight where he was hit with a metal rod.
My parents hated it for me. They were poor, but cared. They did all they could. But what didnt they do? Send me in a desert by myself to seek a better life in a country that had rapes, gun fights, stabbings etc.
Why?
Because they knew the grass in not really greener n the other side of the fence.
I did not have the clothes those kids are wearing as they wander the desert. My clothes were cut off shorts from my older sister jeans. My sneakers (yes sneakers) were keds that I would not be able to trick out until my teacher would tell my parents I was practically barefoot,
So dont give me your ideological BS. Those kids live no worse than I did....likely better...But I survived and my parents didn't say "got walk the desert. When they want to stick their fingers in your ass, let them. When they stiick their dicks in your mouth, swallow. Life is better in the US and it is worth it.
Those parents who allow that should go to hell.

I am only this emphatic because I know it can be different.

And you can win the lottery.
Problem is, it isn't different and you probably won't.

That's why the parents are sending the children though.
So the children can have the same Hope you do ... Because it doesn't exist where they are at ... :thup:

I am only this emphatic because I know it can be different.

And you can win the lottery.
Problem is, it isn't different and you probably won't.

That's why the parents are sending the children though.
So the children can have the same Hope you do ... Because it doesn't exist where they are at ... :thup:

Of course, but you can't possibly gamble with the lives of children.

It is unconscionable.

It is unconscionable.

That's what I have been expressing all along Templar.
To you it is unconscionable, but you aren't them.

You are trying to understand what they are doing with nothing your personal experience that can assist you in arriving at that understanding.

OP, the fact that this was done should make you consider what the hell are these people running from.

If you're truly concerned about the humanity of it all that is.
They are running from one another. The people in one gang are running from other gangs. Those gang members are running from other gangs. It doesn't end when they come here. The invaders immediately join up with members of their gang already here. All of them have phone number of a gang contact.

I get it, you are hoping I can sympathize with the parents and their plight. Believe me, I do. But one plight should not beget another.

And ... I am saying you may be able to show me a picture of that little girl in your first post 15 years from now.
She may be finishing med-school and starting her residency as a heart surgeon at John Hopkins.

Are you going to ask me then why her mother showed her the road to the Border?

No. I will ask why her mother isn't there when she had every chance to walk that road with her.

Not if she would have to leave her 2 year old brother behind.
But enough talking in quaint circles where your heart bleeds for what could be.

She made it, it probably scarred her in ways.
I hope she is tougher than you are.

You are trying to understand what they are doing with nothing your personal experience that can assist you in arriving at that understanding.

I get it, you are hoping I can sympathize with the parents and their plight. Believe me, I do. But one plight should not beget another.
There is no country that is 100% safe for our children. But one thing for sure. Sending your child on a 1000 mile desert walk with only a gang member as your chaperone is a hell of a lot worse than protecting your child at home.
Only an ideologue doesn't see the truth. They risk the lives of their children in =the hopes they will be their ticket to the US who promises free healthcare, welfare and cash salaries. They should all rot in hell

Forum List

Back