This is inhumane

There is no country that is 100% safe for our children. But one thing for sure. Sending your child on a 1000 mile desert walk with only a gang member as your chaperone is a hell of a lot worse than protecting your child at home.
Only an ideologue doesn't see the truth. They risk the lives of their children in =the hopes they will be their ticket to the US who promises free healthcare, welfare and cash salaries. They should all rot in hell
And there it folks, all that faux care and concern for the Mexican children...EXPOSED!!!!

giphy.gif

There is no country that is 100% safe for our children. But one thing for sure. Sending your child on a 1000 mile desert walk with only a gang member as your chaperone is a hell of a lot worse than protecting your child at home.
Only an ideologue doesn't see the truth. They risk the lives of their children in =the hopes they will be their ticket to the US who promises free healthcare, welfare and cash salaries. They should all rot in hell
And there it folks, all that faux care and concern for the Mexican children.
once again, nothing to add but an insult to what I said.
If Mexican Parents don't care about their own children, why am I at fault for pointing it out?

I know...somehow you will ignore the point I am making and instead find a way to refute it.

Have at it.

once again, nothing to add but an insult to what I said.
If Mexican Parents don't care about their own children, why am I at fault for pointing it out?

I know...somehow you will ignore the point I am making and instead find a way to refute it.

Have at it.
What you authoritarian rightwingers can never get through your thick, fascist, skulls is that not everyone thinks like you do.

If you can't understand why these people would do such a thing then I don't know what to tell you.

Only God can fix whatever's wrong with you.

What is Biden supposed to do? All the answers as to what to do with these kids is bad. Building the wall and ignoring the problem is the best one for our country. But that would be admitting Trump was right.

I know she is tougher than I am. And ten times tougher than her mother.

They have a position for a English teacher at a Mission School in Ecuador ... You interested?
I mean the pay sucks, the bugs are a bitch, be careful drinking the water, but you could get a shitload of experience in the real world.

It is a beautiful place in its own way though.

I know she is tougher than I am. And ten times tougher than her mother.

They have a position for a English teacher at a Mission School in Ecuador ... You interested?
I mean the pay sucks, the bugs are a bitch, be careful drinking the water, but you could get a shitload of experience in the real world.

It is a beautiful place in its own way though.

Spare me this sympathetic argument. The sympathy should lie with the parent on their child, not with me.

I don't need nor want to be psychoanalyzed. Understood?

Last edited:
Spare me this sympathetic argument. The sympathy should lie with the parent, not with me.

I don't need nor want to be psychoanalyzed. Understood?

No sweetie ... I wasn't joking.
Just asking you if you would like to broaden your horizons.

No psychoanalyzing, just in the dirt reality.
It might have sounded like a bad deal, but the value of personal experience can be priceless.

I mean if your career, family obligations or whatever won't allow it, or you just don't feel like taking the leap, that's understandable.

It might have sounded like a bad deal, but the value of personal experience can be priceless.

I agree with the sentiment.

But I cannot agree with the methods. The child is now scarred for life. She may or may not resent her parents for doing what they did.

Never ever should you put a child in such a position so early in life, not even for the benefit of personal experience.

Last edited:
A real family doesn't suffer together as a family.

Where do you get that idea?

Your concept of family is downright ghoulish.

A family endures hardship and prosperity alike, together.
You bet. When I had to get up at 4:00 am to go out to work in below freezing rain all day, by God, I made the 5 year old do it to. When I wasn't sure how I was going to come up with the money to pay the electric bill, I made sure the kids were aware we might not have heat or lights for a while. Is that how your family did it, dumb ass?

A real family doesn't suffer together as a family.

Where do you get that idea?

Your concept of family is downright ghoulish.

A family endures hardship and prosperity alike, together.
You bet. When I had to get up at 4:00 am to go out to work in below freezing rain all day, by God, I made the 5 year old do it to. When I wasn't sure how I was going to come up with the money to pay the electric bill, I made sure the kids were aware we might not have heat or lights for a while. Is that how your family did it, dumb ass?

The sheer underhanded tone of your response doesn't merit even a quantum of acknowledgment.

The picture of that poor little scared girl is heart rending, and hard to look at, but imagine what it would be like for her parents to have the choice of seeing a picture of her like that in front of the cartels, or in front of US Border Patrol.

Did it never occur to her parents that they had the option to flee as well? Why only send their hapless child alone like that?

It's common sense.
I have a hard time believing her parents wouldn't go with her if that option were available.

The picture of that poor little scared girl is heart rending, and hard to look at, but imagine what it would be like for her parents to have the choice of seeing a picture of her like that in front of the cartels, or in front of US Border Patrol.

Did it never occur to her parents that they had the option to flee as well? Why only send their hapless child alone like that?

It's common sense.
I have a hard time believing her parents wouldn't go with her if that option were available.

Odds are, if she got there safely, her parents would have too.

Think Bulldog, THINK!

If you can.

But cannot agree with the methods. The child is now scarred for life. She may or may not resent her parents for doing what they did.

Never ever should you put a child in such a position so early in life, not even for the benefit of personal experience.

Templar, I am not trying to justify it ... It's done.

You were wondering how a parent could do it, and I tried to help you understand.
I told you that you are incapable of thinking like the parent, which means nothing you think will answer the question.

It doesn't matter how many times you say it.
Your standard of living is different than theirs, and your opinion is irrelevant to the parents who are sending their children.

It doesn't make it right ... It just is what it is.
And I was talking about you gaining some personal experience, not her.

But cannot agree with the methods. The child is now scarred for life. She may or may not resent her parents for doing what they did.

Templar, I am not trying to justify it ... It's done.

You were wondering how a parent could do it, and I tried to help you understand.
I told you that you are incapable of thinking like the parent, which means nothing you think will answer the question.

It doesn't matter how many times you say it.
Your standard of living is different than theirs, and your opinion is irrelevant to the parents who are sending their children.

It doesn't make it right ... It just is what it is.
And I was talking about you gaining some personal experience, not her.

Say it plainly. What are you trying to get out of me, hmm?

It is easy to judge (and understandable, and often appropriate), but never forget "walk a mile in his shoes"...........

Say it plainly. What are you trying to get out of me, hmm?

The ability for you to understand how foolish you look when you post stuff that makes no sense to someone who has actually been there.
The ability to recognize how far away you are from their condition, and understand that is exactly what they want for their children.

And they want it bad enough to kiss their child goodbye.

Edit: There may be another place where we are having a disconnect.
I can see you sitting there thinking about that child, her mother, and how that child should be the most precious thing in her life.
There is a value you assign to that experience that is influenced by your experience.
(just simple, not pyschobabble)

You really, honestly don't know how cheap Life can be in some of those shitholes.

Last edited:
The ability for you to understand how foolish you look when you post stuff that makes no sense to someone who has actually been there.

Ha! Nor have you. You also speak from a position of inexperience, then.

The ability to recognize how far away you are from their condition, and understand that is exactly what they want for their children.

No condition merits putting a child in such extreme danger. Ever.

And they want it bad enough to kiss their child goodbye.

That kind of sacrifice should never be made unless it is absolutely necessary. The circumstances they are in do not warrant that.

Are the parents not allowed to have a better life too? If so, why is it they are trying to game the legal system and use their children as tools?

This is absolutely unacceptable.

Last edited:
It is easy to judge (and understandable, and often appropriate), but never forget "walk a mile in his shoes"...........

Thing is, the child walked a thousand miles to the border, and the parents didn't.

How unbelievably cruel. No amount of desperation would (or should) ever convince a parent to throw their children into the crucible by themselves.

Last edited:
Why do I need to sympathize with this behavior? Either you love your child enough to weather the storm with them, and/or escape it together-- or you despise them enough to abandon them to the nonexistent mercies of the wilderness.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back