Sometime some awful and brutal things have to be done to win a "war". I'm glad I'm not in a position to have to make those kind of decisions. But sometimes the only way to fight fire is with fire.

Maybe. Worked out for Syria and Hezbollah in the long run, now that Russia backs them.

Sometime some awful and brutal things have to be done to win a "war". I'm glad I'm not in a position to have to make those kind of decisions. But sometimes the only way to fight fire is with fire.
. The best thing is to avoid war if at all possible, but if evil comes a knocking, well you don't invite it in for coffee. God gave us sense to know right from wrong, and he also gave us the sense not to treat those who are trying to kill us with kid gloves. There is evil in the world, and there is evil in this nation as well, so what has to be done is to recognize evil wherever it is, and then deal appropriately with it as it raises it's ugly head. Now there is always different levels of action all depending on the events that take place.

The best saying I ever heard on peace was, "If you want peace, prepare for war".

The best saying I ever heard on peace was, "If you want peace, prepare for war".
. Even as simple analogy of the events that take place within the family tells us, that if people think that they will never have to punish their boy when he grabs his sister's hair, and pulls it in a selfish rage over a toy, then you have never raised children. The slap to his hand is a tit for tat punishment that tells him that if you do that then you get this in return. Works most times, and if that doesn't work then depending on the child (a simple time out), in the corner might work, but punishment has to be implemented regardless in one way or the other. To ignore the situation or allow bad habits to continue leads to very bad situations down the line. This nation ignoring the laws has created a bunch of spoiled rotten citizens whom think they can do on to others, but how dare they (the victims) do it back unto them.

. Even as simple analogy of the events that take place within the family tells us, that if people think that they will never have to punish their boy when he grabs his sister's hair, and pulls it in a selfish rage over a toy, then you have never raised children. The slap to his hand is a tit for tat punishment that tells him that if you do that then you get this in return. Works most times, and if that doesn't work then depending on the child (a simple time out), in the corner might work, but punishment has to be implemented regardless in one way or the other. To ignore the situation or allow bad habits to continue leads to very bad situations down the line. This nation ignoring the laws has created a bunch of spoiled rotten citizens whom think they can do on to others, but how dare they (the victims) do it back unto them.
This is largely why we have the massive over run of losers we have today, they did not get punished and always got a trophy, win lose or draw.

This is largely why we have the massive over run of losers we have today, they did not get punished and always got a trophy, win lose or draw.
. Their sensitivities are lacking, even though they ACT as if they are the most compassionate, sensitive creatures alive. Maybe as sensitive as that snake on the movie "jungle book" they are, and we all know what he wanted.

The story is at best, sketchy, having come from the Jerusalem post...
Bwahahahahaha!!! I've been waiting for you to resort to the pitiful "look at the source" argument. Epic fail poodle...

Do you trust The NY Times, snowflake?
4 RUSSIAN MEN TAKEN HOSTAGE IN WEST BEIRUT

How about the L.A. Times?
KGB Reportedly Gave Arab Terrorists a Taste of Brutality to Free Diplomats

What about the United Press International (UPI)?
Kidnapped Soviets released through castration

The NYT story doesn't repeat the myth that the Russians kidnapped a relative. The LA Times story merely quotes the Jerusalem Post, which isn't exactly a reliable source on these matters. so does UPI.

so essentially, you are repeated a story that really hasn't been verified at all. Kind of like the "General Pershing buried Muslims with pig guts".

It's just as likely the Russians paid a ransom quietly, and put out this story. If it happened at all.

The funny thing is that little poodle claims to have lived through the 1980's yet has no recollection of this international incident.

Because it wasn't important at the time...

It really wasn't.

The important story was that your hero, Ronald Reagan (the real one I made the mistake of voting for at the time) let Americans get kidnapped, then traded weapons for hostages, only to have the kidnappers grab more Americans.

That's what we were all paying attention to in the 1980's. That and speculating if Ollie North was fucking Fawn Hall.

The funny thing is that little poodle claims to have lived through the 1980's yet has no recollection of this international incident.

Because it wasn't important at the time...

It really wasn't.

The important story was that your hero, Ronald Reagan (the real one I made the mistake of voting for at the time) let Americans get kidnapped, then traded weapons for hostages, only to have the kidnappers grab more Americans.

That's what we were all paying attention to in the 1980's. That and speculating if Ollie North was fucking Fawn Hall.
He won the Cold War without firing a shot......he was an impressive man, and hated by democrats and GOPers....exactly like Trump today....

Even if the Russians did such things, such behavior is abhorrent to Americans and their values.
Yes, our values are to let terrorists kill whom ever they wish, and then blame Trump.
Focus, please. You don't agree with the Russians' practices?
If someone kidnapped one of my loved ones, I wouldn't think twice about doing the same to them. To get my loved one back. You would just let your loved one die?

Even if the Russians did such things, such behavior is abhorrent to Americans and their values.
Yes, our values are to let terrorists kill whom ever they wish, and then blame Trump.
If someone kidnapped one of my loved ones, I wouldn't think twice about doing the same to them. To get my loved one back. You would just let your loved one die?
Kill the members of the bad guys' families? Decimate neighborhoods? Schools?

OK, you insist you would have made a good Stalinist.

Lol, liberals don't have values.
It's the Alt Right that loves evil Russia, don't the liberals, centrists, are patriotic right.
Evil is saying a little girl is bigoted, if she doesn't want to see an old man's dick in a locker room. Now the left loved Russia till Putin told your transgendered Obama to go fuck himself. The alt left are losing their minds and it's very entertaining, keep up the good work.

I would do what it took to get them back. Decimate neighborhoods, schools? Where did I say that? I said I wouldn't think twice about grabbing up one of their loved ones to get mine back. I guess you would let yours just die?

I would do what it took to get them back. Decimate neighborhoods, schools? Where did I say that? I said I wouldn't think twice about grabbing up one of their loved ones to get mine back. I guess you would let yours just die?
Yes, and then they would blame it on Trump.

Forum List

Back