This Easter Morning's Mass in My City Proved People are Rejecting Atheism. The Catholic Church is Alive and BOOMING!

It was fantastic to see 600 people cramming the pews this morning. All of Holy Week services were packed. Palm Sunday Masses last week were also packed. I love what is happening!

Again, that's fabulous, but you're acting like it's a trend, and it's not. If it were a trend, then churches would be packed each and every week, and the inarguable reality is that they're not. Instead of using Easter Sunday services as proof of "what is happening", take a look at how it looks every Sunday in August...

Again, that's fabulous, but you're acting like it's a trend, and it's not. If it were a trend, then churches would be packed each and every week, and the inarguable reality is that they're not. Instead of using Easter Sunday services as proof of "what is happening", take a look at how it looks every Sunday in August...

In cities across the country, you are starting to see abandoned churches due to declining attendance

In my county, we just had a Catholic HS close

You don’t mention how much world population has increased in the same time period

One percent is VERY small increase
It's kept on par with the world population increase. In a world of 7 billion people, 1% is millions of people. Very pleased.

I'd be willing to bet that attendance was low three weeks ago...
My observations based on two Catholic parishes in two California counties...

Since churches were allowed to reopen, attendance has dropped from what it was pre-pandemic. While mask mandates have been lifted, there are still a number of people who choose to wear masks. Mass (daily Mass included) is available on TV, Facebook, etc. One can also get the readings and commentary on USCCB.

All through the pandemic we were mostly on our own when it came to formal worship. At this time, it is probably hard to say whether people are still nervous about the pandemic and choose to continue to worship from afar; if people find it easier to worship from home than attend church; or if people decided it is no longer applicable to their life.

Worldwide, it is a trend. Growing Catholic Churches. Even in America, the number of Catholics is growing each year.

My observations based on two Catholic parishes in two California counties...

Since churches were allowed to reopen, attendance has dropped from what it was pre-pandemic. While mask mandates have been lifted, there are still a number of people who choose to wear masks. Mass (daily Mass included) is available on TV, Facebook, etc. One can also get the readings and commentary on USCCB.

All through the pandemic we were mostly on our own when it came to formal worship. At this time, it is probably hard to say whether people are still nervous about the pandemic and choose to continue to worship from afar; if people find it easier to worship from home than attend church; or if people decided it is no longer applicable to their life.
California has been especially hard on Christian worshipers. It's unfortunate, but telling. This is how Marxists treat Catholics.

The number of US Catholics has increased by 3 to 6% each decade since 1965

You didn't quote it and I couldn't find it and you were pushing the word Worldwide now you are back to just USA.

The discussion was about church ATTENDANCE numbers which you don't stay on.

POST 9 was about Attendance

POST 25 it was about Attendance

Never argued about Church membership numbers at all it is about attending the dam building is where it has declined.

Think will ya!

Worldwide, it is a trend. Growing Catholic Churches. Even in America, the number of Catholics is growing each year.

Will you, at least, acknowledge that the church where you attended sunrise service with 600 people likely won't have anywhere near 600 people next week?

You didn't quote it and I couldn't find it and you were pushing the word Worldwide now you are back to just USA.
And you're the one accusing others of lying? Is it really my fault you're too lazy to find the quote? The number of Catholics has grown in number both worldwide AND the US.

Will you, at least, acknowledge that the church where you attended sunrise service with 600 people likely won't have anywhere near 600 people next week?
It wasn't a sunrise service. It was 9:00 am. It won't have 600 next week, but it will have in the 400s, I'm sure.

Sure. It is a given. Attendance in church is always higher during Christmas and Easter. This is true of almost every denomination, even every faith.

Is there some key point about attendance not being as high on other Sundays?

Forum List

Back