This Easter Morning's Mass in My City Proved People are Rejecting Atheism. The Catholic Church is Alive and BOOMING!

Mashmont

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2022
There’s the claim from the atheist Left that the Catholic Church is dying. I was at Mass this morning at the beautiful church in my city, which is not even in a big Catholic area, and it was packed with over 600 people. Standing room only for a glorious high mass. Lots of young people. Lots of babies.

Young people are thirsty for the truth, for consistency, for morality. We are not an atheist wasteland like the Marxists wishfully portray. It’s a myth that people want abortion pervasive in the land, that they want promiscuity, that they want the trans-weirdism, that they want perversion.

This morning proved it. It’s time to continue the wonderful Christian renewal in the world. We see atheist Russia committing horrid crimes against humanity in Ukraine. War, violence, and wanton torture is the rotten fruit of atheism. Killing little babies in the womb is the rotten fruit of atheism. America is reversing that horrible crime. Its people are grateful.

People don’t want godless trash. They want the God of Abraham. They want the way of Jesus Christ. The truth will always survive. Jesus' Church will always survive as it has for the past 2000 years. Imagine. An unbroken line of popes for 2000 years despite the extreme turmoil in the world during that period. Proof that the Catholic Church will always be strong and always be with us. And this morning's Mass was a reminder of Jesus' promise:

"My Church will be with you through the end of time"

Last edited:
Attendance at Catholic and all churches has been declining for decades

C&E Catholics don’t change that

Untrue. It's held steady worldwide for 80 years.

OK….let’s look at the numbers

U.S. church membership was 73% when Gallup first measured it in 1937 and remained near 70% for the next six decades, before beginning a steady decline around the turn of the 21st century.

A 25 percent drop in attendance

Untrue. It's held steady worldwide for 80 years.
OK….let’s look at the numbers

U.S. church membership was 73% when Gallup first measured it in 1937 and remained near 70% for the next six decades, before beginning a steady decline around the turn of the 21st century.

A 25 percent drop in attendance
Do you know what 'worldwide' means?

Since the early 1960s, when 75% of Catholics attended Mass regularly, there has been a steady, annual decline in attendance to less than 25%.

There’s the claim from the atheist Left that the Catholic Church is dying. I was at Mass this morning at the beautiful church in my city, which is not even in a big Catholic area, and it was packed with over 600 people. Standing room only for a glorious high mass. Lots of young people. Lots of babies.

Young people are thirsty for the truth, for consistency, for morality. We are not an atheist wasteland like the Marxists wishfully portray. It’s a myth that people want abortion pervasive in the land, that they want promiscuity, that they want the trans-weirdism, that they want perversion.

This morning proved it. It’s time to continue the wonderful Christian renewal in the world. We see atheist Russia committing horrid crimes against humanity in Ukraine. War, violence, and wanton torture is the rotten fruit of atheism. Killing little babies in the womb is the rotten fruit of atheism. America is reversing that horrible crime. Its people are grateful.

People don’t want godless trash. They want the God of Abraham. They want the way of Jesus Christ. The truth will always survive. Jesus' Church will always survive as it has for the past 2000 years. Imagine. An unbroken line of popes for 2000 years despite the extreme turmoil in the world during that period. Proof that the Catholic Church will always be strong and always be with us. And this morning's Mass was a reminder of Jesus' promise:

"My Church will be with you through the end of time"

One day event and you make that claim,

:muahaha:

===

Catholic Exchange

Church Attendance Decline & What to do About It​

RUSSELL SHAW

June 16, 2014

Excerpt:

Forty years ago, as the falloff in Sunday Mass attendance by American Catholics was becoming too obvious to ignore, Catholic voices began to be raised here and there saying it didn’t really matter. “You aren’t a good Catholic just because you go to church,” these people seemed to enjoy telling us. “What counts is what you do outside church.”

LINK

===

Catholic League

CATHOLIC CHURCH ATTENDANCE DROPS

===

The Continued Decline in Church Attendance in the United States

=====

It is a sin to lie why are you doing it?

600 in my church today. Standing room only. That's all we need to know about the future of the Church.

600 in my church today. Standing room only. That's all we need to know about the future of the Church.

You are behaving like a fanatic you get excited about a SINGLE day event them irrationally said the future of the church is good.

It has been in decline for over SIXTY years!

:cuckoo:

Do you know what 'worldwide' means?
If you want to brag about strong attendance in Africa or South America, good for you

In the US and Europe, church attendance has dropped dramatically

Better recheck.

I stated in POST ONE that you didn't write worldwide in it then when rightwinger stated correctly:

"Attendance at Catholic and all churches has been declining for decades

C&E Catholics don’t change that"

Then you at post 4 wrote the word worldwide for the first time.

Better recheck your brain must be low on fluids.

This Easter Morning's Mass in My City Proved People are Rejecting Atheism. The Catholic Church is Alive and BOOMING!​

Don‘t blame declining Church Attendance on Atheists
They are not out recruiting people.
The Church is responsible for its own declining attendance. Try entering the 21st century

If you want to brag about strong attendance in Africa or South America, good for you

In the US and Europe, church attendance has dropped dramatically
In my low-Catholic area of the country, today's big attendance was jaw-dropping. I suggest you drop atheist lies and move to the truth of God. Attend a Catholic Mass next weekend.

I stated in POST ONE that you didn't write worldwide in it then when rightwinger stated correctly:

"Attendance at Catholic and all churches has been declining for decades

C&E Catholics don’t change that"

Then you at post 4 wrote the word worldwide for the first time.

Better recheck your brain must be low on fluids.
Your atheism makes you negative. It's also a lie. Why not drop the lies AND the negativism, and move to the truth of God. Attend a Catholic Mass next weekend.

Couple things.

First, a large turnout at an Easter sunrise service isn't exactly meaningful. How many attended church services at that time last week? How many will attend next week?

I used to go to Christmas Eve mass with my late wife's family. It was very, very important to her Dad, who had an uncle who was a Franciscan monk. So, in the interests of family harmony I went to church. My father in law and I never discussed religion.

Ever.

He assumed that, because I was married to his daughter, that I must be a God-fearing Catholic like he was. But nothing could've been further from the truth. The only other times I would ever step inside a church was for weddings and funerals.

Second, while I'm sure it warms your heart to see young people in attendance, it really doesn't matter that there were babies there. After all, it's not like they get a vote.

I don't mean to disparage your experience or your beliefs. I'm just trying to help you keep it in perspective...

Forum List

Back