Things the left poo-poo'ed...

I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Essentially the same thing Pogo was saying.

We get so wrapped up in our tribe mentally that we accept things as gospel that turn out to have been really dumb ideas. In this instance, had everything continued as it was, it was my devout belief that eventually we were going to lose the gun control battle. Now I think a lot of folks are setting the light.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Essentially the same thing Pogo was saying.

We get so wrapped up in our tribe mentally that we accept things as gospel that turn out to have been really dumb ideas. In this instance, had everything continued as it was, it was my devout belief that eventually we were going to lose the gun control battle. Now I think a lot of folks are setting the light.
That depends entirely on what you think the gun control battle was about.

...that the current circumstances proved them wrong about.

Prepping.

Guns.

Hunting.

City living.

Individualism.

Masculinity.

The Midwest.

Add your own...

More or less everything that makes society run. But was it by design?

Prepping.

Guns.

Hunting.

City living.

Individualism.

Masculinity.

The Midwest.

Add your own...

How 'bout....

Sweeping generalization fallacies

/thread
Bah...if you want to start a "things the left got right" have at it.

These aren't sweeping generalizations...they are recurring themes. I don't hold it against you personally Pogo...but denying the fact that the left has looked down their collective noses at us...how does the left like to put it?...the "uneducated rubes clinging to their Bibles and guns"...I'd say this thread is a pretty fair assessment.

You act like pieces of shit. Of course you are regarded as pieces of shit.

The majority of those infected with this nasty flu will experience symptoms of a common cold.
Still with that dismissive bullshit?

SIX THOUSAND people are already dead from that cold.

Hospitals are near crashing...with that cold

Correct.

Then there is this:

Prepping.

Guns.

Hunting.

City living.

Individualism.

Masculinity.

The Midwest.

Add your own...
/———/ And this:
After mocking Trump for promoting hydroxychloroquine, journalists acknowledge it might treat coronavirus

had everything continued as it was, it was my devout belief that eventually we were going to lose the gun control battle.

Whatr exactly does "losing the gun battle" look like. I posit that it simply means we end up with sensible gun regs and a ban on assault rifles. If that's "losing" we all win. I am by the way...a gun owner.
That depends entirely on what you think the gun control battle was about.

Exactly

Prepping.

Guns.

Hunting.

City living.

Individualism.

Masculinity.

The Midwest.

Add your own...
/———/ And this:
After mocking Trump for promoting hydroxychloroquine, journalists acknowledge it might treat coronavirus

If this is the magic bullet...why are people still dropping like flies?

If this is the magic bullet...why are people still dropping like flies?

Because New York outlawed its prescription outside of its approved use...lupus and arthritis.

Whatr exactly does "losing the gun battle" look like. I posit that it simply means we end up with sensible gun regs and a ban on assault rifles. If that's "losing" we all win. I am by the way...a gun owner.

What gun do you own?

/———/ And this:

I would say mainstream media loses more credibility...but you can't go lower than zero.

Prepping.

Guns.

Hunting.

City living.

Individualism.

Masculinity.

The Midwest.

Add your own...

How 'bout....

Sweeping generalization fallacies

/thread
Bah...if you want to start a "things the left got right" have at it.

These aren't sweeping generalizations...they are recurring themes. I don't hold it against you personally Pogo...but denying the fact that the left has looked down their collective noses at us...how does the left like to put it?...the "uneducated rubes clinging to their Bibles and guns"...I'd say this thread is a pretty fair assessment.
Things the left got right

Medicare
Social Security
Family Medical Leave
Civil Rights
Voting Rights
Labor Rights
Environmental Protection
GI Bill/VA Loans
Pell Grants
Consumer Protections
Anti-Trust Laws
Opposing the Iraq War Invasion
Being Against Bush
Being Against McCain/Palin
Being Against Romney/Ryan

Things the left got right

Medicare
Social Security
Family Medical Leave
Civil Rights
Voting Rights
Labor Rights
Environmental Protection
GI Bill/VA Loans
Pell Grants
Consumer Protections
Anti-Trust Laws
Opposing the Iraq War Invasion
Being Against Bush
Being Against McCain/Palin
Being Against Romney/Ryan

I think that's fair...I'd also concede that in light of current circumstances... some form of universal catastrophic health insurance.

That Republicans would choose loyalty to the country over their party ever again.

What gun do you own?
I've got 2 12 ga pumps, a .22 bolt action Springfield knock off (old training rifle) and a CVA .50 cal black powder I built

the 12's are a really smooth action Winchester and a Remington 870

What gun do you own?
I've got 2 12 ga pumps, a .22 bolt action Springfield knock off (old training rifle) and a CVA .50 cal black powder I built

Also have several bows but my shoulder doesn't let me use them much

What gun do you own?

Very nice. My dad taught me to shoot a bolt action .22 ... A Stevens model 15.

I have a traditions .32 black powder kit sitting on the shelf...lots of work to get them just right.

Forum List

Back