People who work for the government may not be as likely to be affected by the shutdown.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017

You know how 6.6 million Americans lost their jobs last week and have filed for unemployment? Are people who work for the government as likely to be affected in the exact same manner? I'm talking about people who work at government centers, public schools, universities, or any type of government organization. For example, is an elementary school teacher who has been working full time at a school for 15 years before it shut down in the same boat as a guy who works at a restaurant that shuts down? The guy who works at a restaurant that closes is likely simply on unemployment, with no opportunity to use sick pay or anything, simply out of a job with no guarantee the restaurant will ever open up again. Is the situation the same for people who work for the government? From what I'm reading online, this may not necessarily be the case with a lot of government workers.

One thing this brings to mind is that, with the exception of the military, studies have show that people who are paid by the government are more likely to Democrats. This could be one reason why some Democrats may be less afraid of an economic shutdown. Contrast this with a guy who recently mortgaged his home to finance a small business loan, then a couple months later as the business was taking off and he looked to be on his way to success, the government shuts his business down and completely bankrupts him and his family.

Some leftists who live off a government check seem willing to shut down the evil capitalist economy for months while they still collect their government checks because they hope it can get Trump out of the White House sooner. Make no mistake about it, they have no qualms about it destroying people's lives and devastating the country.

Last edited:
Not affected.......yet. States cannot be pulling in the tax dollars that their budgets depend on.

I think my job is safe for now.

smiling-cops.jpg

Forum List

Back